Ban players in Russia?

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't agree with war, but I don't agree with Russian players being banned.

Peace and love. đź’“

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say they should be baned from everything that represents Western way of living.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
But you are not really against it either. Because if you were, you would not be more concerned about the comfort of russian civilians including their ability to play online poker, while their army are conducting war crimes in Ukraine, than you are about finding ways to defeat Russia and liberate Ukraine.

And its fine, that the russian population suffer. They need to suffer, until they wake up and stop supporting or passively accepting their current regime.

Linking someone's objection to the banning of Russian people from a poker room, to indirect support for a genocidal maniac? ...utterly ridiculous.

Questioning someone else's moral compass, then demonstrating yours to be as wonky as those used by pilots of Flight 19, when lost over the Bermuda Triangle. Shocking!

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it only shows the Pettiness of banning russian players in Pokersites. It accomplishes nothing with ending the war. You want to punish Russian civilians out of pure hatred.

Linking someone's objection to the banning of Russian people from a poker room, to indirect support for a genocidal maniac? ...utterly ridiculous.
This whole discussion was derailed from by beginning, because OP framed it in a misleading way. A poker site not operating in a certain country does not mean, that citizens of that country are "banned". Many sites dont operate in the majority of US states, and this does not mean, american players are "banned" from those sites. GG Poker does not operate in sweden, and this does not mean, swedish players are "banned" from GG Poker.

OP also talked about "that their country support Russia in the war" without making it clear, which countries he think about. If those are the countries, that voted against the UN resolutions condemming Russias invasion of Ukraine, they are only Belarus, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Nicaragua. Most poker sites already dont operate in North Korea, Iran, Syria or Nicaragua, and very few people from these countries play poker, so it hardly even matters. A more sensible question would have been:

"Do you think, that Belarus should be included in the international sanctions against Russia, and do you believe, that international companies including poker sites should leave the Belarus market, as long as the country support Russia in its war in Ukraine?"

My answer to this is "yes", but its more important, that sanctions are imposed against Russia itself than against Belarus. And with this I will end my contribution to this frankly rather silly thread. Even the moderators seem to be very confused about this thread. They have now changed the title to "Ban players in Russia", which is not, what OP actually asked. And they have moved it to "Poker Rooms", which it has nothing to do with.

H

hesketh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
People who play do not shoot someone at the same time. I propose all Russians get a free account and some 100$ for a start.

Oh yeah, not only Russians. Just for the sake of being politically correct.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would be hard to ban everyone that is for the war, how would you know ?

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think Russia should be banned from more than CC and freerolls. There is no grey area in war. Until they stand down everyone should be treated the same. Every ounce of pressure and resistance counts. There are probably some players that are killing and playing poker on their phones when resting- how do you distinguish one from the other? You can’t- so guilty by association. No grey area. Ban them.