Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dude, is the only TV news channel in your country RT ?

Widespread electoral fraud, including ballot box stuffing and you seriously think, "no...its not that.... it's people voting for Putin"?
If that nation would be smart enough they would have scared the current leader away long time ago - curiously enough this has happened previously in several countries but not there ...

Also like someonelse said if all this would literally happen in your doorstep then you porobably wouldn't be that naive if you have someone so delusional as neighbour ...

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think it's fair to put a negative label on an entire nation or for certain people to suffer because they have a few leaders who only see their petty goals

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to mix politics with poker, sports or any other similar activity, so my answer is no...
This is not "politics", unless you support Russia. Its a war of conquest, and calling it "politics" is the same as saying, that the german tanks and halftracks outside Warshaw in 1939 was "politics".
I mean, I hated last year when the Russian tennis players and football players(this is what I follow so I'm not sure about other sports but my guess is we had sanctions everywhere), that worked their ass off for years to archive something were banned from different tournaments/ competitions just because of their nationality(most of this people don't even live in Russia and have nothing to do with Putin...also, this people lost their main income); like other members said here-
With tennis players the decision is up for debate, since they tend to represent only themselfes and not their country. But in international football matches, the team represent their country, and there is a lot of national feelings involved in, who win. And its absolutely correct to not allow Russia to take part in that, until they stop invading their neighbours. There is something serious wrong with your moral compass, if you feel emphaty for these athletes but not for all the people in Ukraine, who have gotten killed or raped or had their home destroyed by russian invaders.
I agree that the people aren't to blame and there is no winning in war, so hopefully a miracle will happen and things will get better soon...
A "miracle" will not stop Russias desire for conquest. Only whole hearted and determined support from the rest of the world to the ukrainean defenders will stop Russia. Lasting peace require, that all russian soldiers are back in Russia, where they belong. This can either happen, because they are pushed out by force, or because Russia realise, they can not reach their goals, and decide to give up.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
PokerMatch blocked player funds from Russia at the end of February and did not return them after 180 days, despite the promises of representatives and their own internal rules, adjusted after February 24th. Formally, the room extended the terms of the “additional security check” to 365 days. GipsyTeam considers this decision both illegal and unfair. Regardless of force majeure, players from any country, including Russia, must have access to their own money, especially if the room continues to work, holds promotions and accepts new players. Today, the chances of Russian players to return their money look illusory: in fact, we are witnessing a unilateral decision of the room to embezzle other people's money.I consider the decision to ban players from Russia the right one.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a very difficult question, because not all russians are bad, but it is impossible to invent a mechanism for selecting a "good/bad russian"

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
@fundiver199 you could have at least check where I'm from before making such terrible accusations("There is something serious wrong with your moral compass". WTF??!!..) , I'm from Romania and I even live close to the border with Ukraine and my family hosted more than 10 Ukrainian families since the war started and we as a country are involved heavily against Russian invasion but this wasn't the topic here and I stand with my opinion that people that sacrificed a lot to build opportunities for them and their families shouldn't lose it just like that because of their nationality* the question was Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports russia in this war?

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports russia in this war?
I'm not agree with that , most of the poker players playing from those country have nothing to do with the war , they just happened to live in that country , why would they have to suffer for other few people mistake , I don't know .
But maybe they ban for some other reason , like safety reasons or , to be honest I didn't knew they got banned .

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@fundiver199 you could have at least check where I'm from before making such terrible accusations("There is something serious wrong with your moral compass". WTF??!!..) , I'm from Romania and I even live close to the border with Ukraine and my family hosted more than 10 Ukrainian families since the war started and we as a country are involved heavily against Russian invasion but this wasn't the topic here and I stand with my opinion that people that sacrificed a lot to build opportunities for them and their families shouldn't lose it just like that because of their nationality* the question was Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports russia in this war?
But even you are from Romania, you are still calling Russias war of conquest "politics". If you dont support Russia, then call things, what they are, instead of using words, that make it sound more normal or innocent. "Politics" is something, where things can be seen from different sides, and sometimes one opinion can be as valid as another. This is NOT the case here, unless you support, what Russia is doing.

As for OPs statement "Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports Russia in this war" its still unclear, what he mean by that, and after starting this thread he has never returned to clarify. Which countrys support Russia is the first question? Most would likely agree Belarus (which are also thought to possibly take part in a soon to come big offensive), but boyond that?

And what does he mean by "ban"? From participating here on CC? Then no even just for the reason, CC cant check peoples nationality, when they sign up. CC has also made it very clear, they have zero intention of doing something like this, when they subject was brought up before. Does he mean poker sites not operating in these countrys? In that case then clearly yes. It annoy me to still see players from Belarus play on pokerstars, and i think, they should pull out, just like they pulled out of Russia. Its not a human right to play online poker.

Or does he mean from live poker events? Then I would say no, because as you say, there are russians living in other countries, and in general it should not be a persons nationality, which determine, what they can or cant do, where they live. But should other countries issue visas to people living in Russia, so they can take part in a poker event? Then no. Russians should only be allowed to travel outside Russia in special situations, as long as their country is vaging war on others.

As for people, who "sacrified a lot build opportunities for their families", yes that sucks for them. But when a country start a war of conquest, then this has consequences for people living there. Some are conscripted to the army and send off to fight and potential die for a case, they might not believe in. And the standard of living drop due to sanctions and the economy being changed to a war economy. Thats just the way it is, and I dont see professional athletes being high on the list of people, who we need to feel sorry for.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
But even you are from Romania, you are still calling Russias war of conquest "politics". If you dont support Russia, then call things, what they are, instead of using words, that make it sound more normal or innocent. "Politics" is something, where things can be seen from different sides, and sometimes one opinion can be as valid as another. This is NOT the case here, unless you support, what Russia is doing.
First of all(even though, I don't expect you to know about it), I've said a few times here on the community, that my English isn't that good and that's the reason why even though I've joined in 2013- I've started posting only around 2 years ago... now, in our schools in Romania we learn that war is part of politics- Wikipedia seems to agree with it too(I'll leave the link to it and post the relevant things as I don't like to go off-topic too much like a certain clown... Politics- Wikipedia definition):

A variety of methods are deployed in politics, which include promoting one's own political views among people, negotiation with other political subjects, making laws, and exercising internal and external force, including warfare against adversaries.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all(even though, I don't expect you to know about it), I've said a few times here on the community, that my English isn't that good and that's the reason why even though I've joined in 2013- I've started posting only around 2 years ago... now, in our schools in Romania we learn that war is part of politics- Wikipedia seems to agree with it too(I'll leave the link to it and post the relevant things as I don't like to go off-topic too much like a certain clown... Politics- Wikipedia definition):

A variety of methods are deployed in politics, which include promoting one's own political views among people, negotiation with other political subjects, making laws, and exercising internal and external force, including warfare against adversaries.
It is sometimes said, that "war is an extension of politics", but politics is obviously way more than war, and war is today (fortunately) an extermely small part of politics, since most countries have given up the idea of increasing their power by conquering other countries. So you are still downplaying, what Russia is doing, by calling it "politics" instead of at least calling it "war".

There are likely very few people, who think, it would be reasonable to exclude athletes from international events, because there was some political disagreement about climate change, or womens rights or whatever. So by using the word "politics" you are trying to make the viewpoint of your opponent seem much weaker, than it actually is. This is also sometimes referred to as a strawman.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My last post on this topic... I went through my posts here and I just can't understand why you picked my reply even though almost all the members here answered 'No' (most of them had similar opinions):

1. "I don't like to mix politics with poker, sports or any other similar activity, so my answer is no"- here I wanted to express my opinion in general and not only about Russia's invasion as unfortunately we had many wars in the past, we have many conflicts ATM around the World and even though I pray for peace, I'm sure we'll have many conflicts between top countries in the future(I've read an article a few days ago about an USA general predicting a war between China and USA before 2025... most likely it won't happen but the tension is there); again, I didn't mention Russia at all here and my example after about the Russian tennis players was just a coincidence, because it happened recently...

2. In my 2nd post, because I was called out as someone with bad morals, I've tried to be more clear about my stance of your topic inside the wrong thread: "I'm from Romania and I even live close to the border with Ukraine and my family hosted more than 10 Ukrainian families since the war started and we as a country are involved heavily against Russian invasion but this wasn't the topic here" - if this isn't enough to show my stance against Russia and Putin on this matter I don't know what is...

3. I'm 34 yo and I was pretty good in school and I especially liked history and that's why I remembered that wars were part of politics and after a quick Google search, I've found that Wikipedia 'agreed' with it too and posted the link here and the relevant information... many terms change from 1 year to another and it's tough to keep track of all of them but it's getting ridiculous if you can't say that war is part of politics because it doesn't sound 'harsh' enough?!

I'll say it again, my support is and will always be with the people of Ukraine and as neighbors will help as many people we can(as a country we showed our stance too), I'm against Putin and Russia's invasion but again I don't want to see innocents Russian people suffer because of something they condemn too and had no part in* for example all the Ukrainian families I was in contact with had Russian relatives and they didn't blame their relatives once, I just kept hearing it's Putin's war...

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like some of the others here have said .... just because you live in a particular country does not necessarily mean you are like the governing people that run that country. Not all Russians are like Putin, just like not all Americans are like Trump, or Canadians are like Trudeau

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. "I don't like to mix politics with poker, sports or any other similar activity, so my answer is no"-
Weather you like it or not, international sports events are also politics. When the olympic games were held in germany in 1936, this gave the german nazi regime a lot of propaganda. Today most people would likely agree, that it was a mistake to hold the games there. As I said already, individual sports like tennis are more up for debate. But it was and is all about making a statement and sending a signal to everyone living in Russia, that its totally unacceptable, what their country is doing in Ukraine. In the coming olympic games it seems like russian athletes might be allowed to compete under neutral flag, which in my opinion is a fine solution.
here I wanted to express my opinion in general and not only about Russia's invasion as unfortunately we had many wars in the past, we have many conflicts ATM around the World and even though I pray for peace,
As I said already, simple "prayers" will not stop Russia and bring peace.
I'm sure we'll have many conflicts between top countries in the future
Hopefully not on this level. Nothing similar to this has happened in Europe since 1939.
(I've read an article a few days ago about an USA general predicting a war between China and USA before 2025... most likely it won't happen but the tension is there); again, I didn't mention Russia at all here and my example after about the Russian tennis players was just a coincidence, because it happened recently...
Yes and the question of OP was about poker players from countries supporting Russia. So its quite reasonable to focus on Russias invasion of Ukraine and not other potential events, that might happen in the future.
I'll say it again, my support is and will always be with the people of Ukraine and as neighbors will help as many people we can(as a country we showed our stance too), I'm against Putin and Russia's invasion but again I don't want to see innocents Russian people suffer because of something they condemn too
You completely miss the point, that sanctions are not imposed for the sake of making "innocent Russian people suffer". They are imposed to hurt the russian economy and the countrys ability to wage war on Ukraine and potentially other countries.
and had no part in* for example all the Ukrainian families I was in contact with had Russian relatives and they didn't blame their relatives once, I just kept hearing it's Putin's war...
This has been discussed intensively in the community hangout section. And its a bit more complex than just saying, its all one mans fault. There seem to be pretty widespread support for the war in the russian population and only limited resistance against the regime. Its a bit like after WWII, where suddenly almost no germans had supported the nazi regime, while the reality was unfortunately much different.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am absolutely not interested in whether citizens support their government or not, but I know for sure that missiles are flying from Russia and Belarus and these missiles hit not only military facilities but also residential buildings and this madness must stop in any way possible !!! Ban players is a punishment for tacit consent to the murder of Ukrainians!!! If someone thinks that people can be killed with impunity, then he is clearly not a completely mentally healthy person !!!

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't necessarily agree with the ban, but I have seen an increase in Ukraine players, since the war and the ban.....

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if there was a war in your country, and what the Russians have done and are doing with our people, I would look at you what would you say later

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
ban russia:poop:, limit everyone who supports its policy!!! They are murderers!!!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With tennis players the decision is up for debate, since they tend to represent only themselfes and not their country.
Isn't the same thing with russian players in poker sites?

They're not representing Russia, some of them are just amateurs like you and me having fun.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a feeling that every day it is more complicated. On the one hand, there are a lot of Russians who do not support Putin. But on the other hand, I have the impression that not much is being done in Russia to stop this war. I also believe that the media message in Russia is so strong that many "good" Russians will be so messed up that they will believe that the "special operation in Ukraine" is actually necessary to chase the Nazis westward o_O

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't the same thing with russian players in poker sites?

They're not representing Russia, some of them are just amateurs like you and me having fun.
Sure and I also dont think, poker sites or any other private companies should refuse customers based on their nationality. So if a russian national is living here in sweden, they should of course be allowed to play on those sites, that operate here. Just like I am allowed to do so as a danish national. But this is NOT the same as saying, that sites should continue to operate in Russia or for that matter Belarus. Poker sites pulling out of these markets is no different than other companies like McDonalds, Ikea, Renault and houndreds of others pulling out. Which is also felt by people living in Russia, who like to buy burgers, furniture or cars.

The whole international boykot of Russia, including that there is no longer any McDonalds, Ikea or PokerStars has the effect of sending a clear message to people in Russia, that their country is an international paria as long as it behaves, like it does. Ideally this would then result in some sort of revolt to overthrow the regime. That has not happened yet, but reportedly a lot of educated russians have migrated out of the country, and sanctions have likely contributed to this. Which is great, because it hurt the russian economy and thus the countrys long term capability to wage war on others.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure and I also dont think, poker sites or any other private companies should refuse customers based on their nationality. So if a russian national is living here in Sweden, they should of course be allowed to play on those sites, that operate here. Just like I am allowed to do so as a danish national. But this is NOT the same as saying, that sites should continue to operate in Russia or for that matter Belarus. Poker sites pulling out of these markets is no different than other companies like McDonalds, Ikea, Renault and houndreds of others pulling out. Which is also felt by people living in Russia, who like to buy burgers, furniture or cars.

The whole international boykot of Russia, including that there is no longer any McDonalds, Ikea or PokerStars has the effect of sending a clear message to people in Russia, that their country is an international paria as long as it behaves, like it does. Ideally this would then result in some sort of revolt to overthrow the regime. That has not happened yet, but reportedly a lot of educated russians have migrated out of the country, and sanctions have likely contributed to this. Which is great, because it hurt the russian economy and thus the countrys long term capability to wage war on others.
it's Hilarious that Mcdonalds leaving the russian market had the opposite intended effect.

A Russian businessman reopened the restaurants that were Mcdonalds, under another brand and there have been lines of costumers.

From History, I can tell that a group of foreign companies leaving the country won't be enough to make russians stop the war against Ukraine.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no ...i dont see the connection between ...?!

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
it's Hilarious that Mcdonalds leaving the russian market had the opposite intended effect.

A Russian businessman reopened the restaurants that were Mcdonalds, under another brand and there have been lines of costumers.

From History, I can tell that a group of foreign companies leaving the country won't be enough to make russians stop the war against Ukraine.

Not that it means anything, I would avoid McDonalds anyway, but it has been reported that the quality went downhill after the Russian business man took over. There have been posted videos online of buns that were green.

However its easy to make food , if you have the right ingredients, so I am sure Russians will not complain about that.