Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
If you still consider it relevant to discuss this absurd topic, then why do it here? Submit your complaints directly to the poker rooms

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it would not be fair for the political position of some people to be paid for by many others who do not participate or support it.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If you still consider it relevant to discuss this absurd topic, then why do it here? Submit your complaints directly to the poker rooms
So were you really banned from places like pokerstars, 888 and so on like this thread suggests or just suspended :unsure:

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not agree because they have nothing to do with the president or their laws in parliament.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No because where do we stop? Do we ban Americans because of their government's occupation of Syria?

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no how is that even justified, this is like cancel culture at its best!

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes they should ban all players who directly support Russia and these countries should also be banned from all sports less perhaps the under 17 years of age sports as no real reason to penalize the younger ones who have no say in this war.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
complicated because there are people within Russia who are against the war

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No I think it's unfair for them, it's a game for goodness sake, not something that should be banned

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not in itself but every company leaving hurt the russian economy, so its a contribution. And every possible contribution count. Unless of course you support, what Russia is doing?

I don't support the war. I just think that some companies leaving Russia is not going to have the impact you're expecting.

It's only going to suck for russian civilians, but the war is still happening. The war is been there for a year.

And there is another thing: the russian market is huge, so most companies are not willing to leave Russia, because the will lose an important market. At the end of the day it's all about money.

So this attempt of boycott is useless and it's only going to harm the civilians and the companies, but it's not going to change Putin's mind.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not all, just ban the cheaters, wherever they are from. Otherwise, why does it matter where in this world someone plays poker from.

And remember poker "rockets" are not the same as real exploding rockets. And not all Aces are russian. I know the lingo can be confusing, but take it with a grain of salt next time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't support the war.
But you are not really against it either. Because if you were, you would not be more concerned about the comfort of russian civilians including their ability to play online poker, while their army are conducting war crimes in Ukraine, than you are about finding ways to defeat Russia and liberate Ukraine.
I just think that some companies leaving Russia is not going to have the impact you're expecting.
As I said already, its not going to decide the outcome of the war in itself, but its a contribution.
It's only going to suck for russian civilians, but the war is still happening. The war is been there for a year.
Yes and thats partly because, there are far to many countries (including brazil), who have decided to not take a stance against Russia and thereby in essense accept, what Russia is doing.
And there is another thing: the russian market is huge, so most companies are not willing to leave Russia, because the will lose an important market. At the end of the day it's all about money.
Wrong. The vast majority of western / international companies have already left Russia including for instance all the car manufacturers. As a result car sales are down almost 80%, and local car production has almost stopped.
So this attempt of boycott is useless and it's only going to harm the civilians and the companies,
No its anything but useless. And its fine, that the russian population suffer. They need to suffer, until they wake up and stop supporting or passively accepting their current regime. The russian population is a big part of the problem. They are not innocent victims to some aliens from space, who have taken over their country.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion no
because it will not affect the situation in any way!!!

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That you're talking about this is nonsense... What about poker players from Russia?

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think all people should pay for what their government does

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That you're talking about this is nonsense... What about poker players from Russia?

They can move to another country... like many have already. Unless of course they're no longer 'allowed' to.. and instead are tossed into the front line MEAT GRINDER.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't support the war. I just think that some companies leaving Russia is not going to have the impact you're expecting.

So this attempt of boycott is useless and it's only going to harm the civilians and the companies, but it's not going to change Putin's mind.

Perhaps it's time for things to change? Maybe they already are? Personally I can't see the rest of the world EVER looking at Russia in the same light as they might have prior to the 'Special Military Operation'. Putin's clan has fk'd it for Joe normal citizen for decades to come.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The way I look at it is I'm an American who has crawled and then walked on this earth for nearly 70 years now. The Cold War and the threat of Soviet missiles was a part of my life from when I was a child until I became middle aged. I said then what I'll say now. The Russian people have about as much control over there government as I have over mine. In other words they really have none at all. I'm not going to take it out on them because their leaders are jackasses, and hopefully I'll be afforded the same courtesy in regards to our leaders. Let them play.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think you shouldn't mix things up
It has nothing to do with poker players or their thinking with the war

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I have given up discussing this topic with pro-Russians, but all respect to you Fundiver

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I know it is not the citizens of Russia that are bombing Ukraine it is still important to put sanctions on Russia in all ways possible.