I'm against it, but the Site has rules, what we should do

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, people should not judge by the country they are living in.
There are individuals in the nations, not numbers / caricatures / stereotypes etc. Because I'm living under a flag as well not meaning that my current identity is comes from that.

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Freedom of speech doesn't exists in Russia. Its horrible what's happening in Ukraine but don't throw everyone under the bus in Russia. The people aren't to blame. There is no winning in war. Growing up in canada I had friends from every walk of life so I know there are good people are every where you go some just don't have the same freedom. The Russian government is the problem and like a cult their harmful to their people. Time to free the people

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
They could just install a VPN and hop onto the site again ... I'm against such a ban, and how would you even enforce it?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker room organizers won't listen to other players or we have rules to follow and there's nothing you can do about it. If they make this decision, we'll have to make it too, well, I'm against it

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Russians shouldn't be banned, but I also think there must be some financial reason for the ban. They wouldn't play the fees Russians pay for playing just for ideological reasons.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I am against the ban of any players, including from Russia. After such a ban, the number of visitors to poker rooms dropped sharply, from which the administration of the same pokerstars became stingy with promotions, bonuses and codes.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am against the ban of any players, including from Russia. After such a ban, the number of visitors to poker rooms dropped sharply, from which the administration of the same Pokerstars became stingy with promotions, bonuses and codes.
BUT it made the number of Russian players on other sites increase dramatically. ACR has more Russians than ever before! And it's helping GGPoker's numbers rise to incredible heights. (I hate country bans though)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, some of these players don't support Russians war.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Haha some peoples in these countrys just want to play poker they don't do anything wrong about the wars it's not their fault if they are living in a country that support some wars :D

888NOX888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't support it. People should not suffer because of the actions of the head of state, but unfortunately it turns out the opposite.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think if they didn't take up arms, they didn't do anything at all, so they should be left alone.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
And let's ban everyone who offers to ban players from certain countries? Of course, this is a joke or sarcasm (understand it as you want), but the logic of my absurd proposal is exactly the same as the logic of the author of the topic.
Starting from the question of how exactly, according to the author, it is necessary to identify such players and ending with the fact that it is absurd to believe that the inability to play will change the opinion of certain players.
Outright nonsense: do you really rate people's need to play poker so highly? It's just ridiculous.

Personally, I am not allowed to play on most poker platforms.
Of course, this is a little upsetting, but it's just a trifle compared to what is happening around. I think we all want it to end soon and people will stop suffering, but whether or not someone will be banned from some poker room... is that something to worry about????

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its good, that several sites left the russian market, and I wish, they had all done it. I also think, it would be fine, if the same sites pulled out of Belarus, since the country is essentially a puppet state of Russia and allowed Russia to use its territory as a launch pad for the invasion of Ukraine in february 2022. As far as I know, the major sites already dont accept players from Iran, North Korea or Syria, and neither should they.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
No Russians are not banned and most of them are nice people. The only one I would like to see banned are the ones who openly support the invasion and are posting it here in the forum and almost explain to us how nice Putin is. "We must protect the motherland".

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you agree with banning all players, that their country supports russia in this war?
it is a failed attempt to end all the sanctions against Russia, but without them, what would be the limit? Complex.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Russians are not banned and most of them are nice people.
Its somewhat unclear if OP mean banned from CC or from playing on poker sites. No nationalities are banned from CC, and neither should they be. But sites not operating in Russia is a different story. I fully support, that western or global companies leave Russia as part of the sanctions, except for those, who provide things like medical supplies, which the population in any country must have access to for humanitarian reasons.