Phil Hellmuth Jr breaks another record (his own) with his 16th WSOP bracelet!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There was no doubt that Phil Hellmuth would add another wsop bracelet to his collection - it was only a matter of time. Not only did Phil win his 16th bracelet from the 2-7 Lowball Event last night, but it also marked his 157th WSOP cash.

So, what do you think the chances are that Phil wins another bracelet in 2021?

Phil Hellmuth Makes it 16 and Breaks WSOP Bracelet Record (Again)

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Phil is not a predictable player .... you can expect anything from him!There is always a chance for a bracelet .....50/50

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I am glad for Phil, I was pretty disgusted by what he did the other day at the final table. I do believe many people dont give Phil the credit he deserves as he is one of the greatest all time. I absolutely believe he will have more that 20 when his playing career is over but after what he did I kind of hope he does not win another one this year.

odds to win again this year. 5-1

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.What he has done during his career at the WSOP is simply amazing.70 final tables..Wow!.That is why Hellmuth is a legeng in this game.I think he can win one more bracelet this year, since he knows very well how to play all the different types of poker games., specially the variants that are not very popular like the one he just won.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, with 4 WSOP Final Tables up to this point, you'd have to think he has a chance to have another chance or two, but the odds are against him given how difficult tournament poker is, with all the variance that occurs.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, a conflicting situation to say the least.

I supported Helmuth through his duel with Daniel Negreanu but this latest outburst just brought me back to a place of true dislike. Not sure if another bracelet is on the cards this WSOP but he will win more in future events.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I'm gonna have to go look for the video of that final table... haven't seen a Helmuth hissy fit in yeaaaars!

His personality aside, he's a good poker player and he's got the glittery bracelets to prove it. I get the feeling that he's way to easy to get on tilt but that might just be because of the attention that those kinds of outbursts tend to attract so more air time is given to him when he's in those kinds of moods.

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Helmuth can talk a lot of shit but he backs it up. Way to go Phil! It’s nice to see a hall-of-famer out there, active and still winning �� so happy for this victory.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody can ever take anything away from Hellmuth and his poker accomplishments, but his tirades have become ridiculous over the years.

If a lesser known player did that stuff at a WSOP table, they would receive the fastest penalty (if not worse) in history.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
OK I'm gonna have to go look for the video of that final table... haven't seen a Helmuth hissy fit in yeaaaars!

His personality aside, he's a good poker player and he's got the glittery bracelets to prove it. I get the feeling that he's way to easy to get on tilt but that might just be because of the attention that those kinds of outbursts tend to attract so more air time is given to him when he's in those kinds of moods.

But it really is not about gaining airtime.

Helmuth himself has stated it is never an act and has even explained he acted out as a sore loser as a child playing games with his family. Other players have seen him lose it many times in various games with a camera nowhere in sight.

The difference this time was the level of vulgarity and the length of the tirade which went on for some twenty minutes in total- it was a manic episode.

The problem many are then left with is, there is no denying the talent involved to win the 16th bracelet. However, the question of whether Helmuth should have faced stiff penalties for his behavior or even ejected from the WSOP is a valid one. In which case he would have been in no position to win another bracelet in WSOP 2021.

Personally, I wouldn't have banned him from the remainder of the series but would have imposed say a one week ban and let him sit there and stew on it.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But it really is not about gaining airtime.

Helmuth himself has stated it is never an act and has even explained he acted out as a sore loser as a child playing games with his family. Other players have seen him lose it many times in various games with a camera nowhere in sight.

The difference this time was the level of vulgarity and the length of the tirade which went on for some twenty minutes in total- it was a manic episode.

The problem many are then left with is, there is no denying the talent involved to win the 16th bracelet. However, the question of whether Helmuth should have faced stiff penalties for his behavior or even ejected from the WSOP is a valid one. In which case he would have been in no position to win another bracelet in WSOP 2021.

Personally, I wouldn't have banned him from the remainder of the series but would have imposed say a one week ban and let him sit there and stew on it.

Perhaps I wasn't so clear in my earlier post but my meaning was that the production team recording these events will give more attention to outbursts and such, not that Helmuth is angling for more air time.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He remains, at the poker table, an extremely talented a-hole.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Perhaps I wasn't so clear in my earlier post but my meaning was that the production team recording these events will give more attention to outbursts and such, not that Helmuth is angling for more air time.

No worries. There is an element to that as a video clip of his tirade was put together quickly and then released to receive many views/

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Congratulations to him , may he wins more , go for his 17th , why not on this WSOP . He is a very successful and talented player , he really deserves this record .

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He will get at least 2 in the next 2 years. But, what a jerk.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's wait until 2022. Maybe he will moderate his aggressiveness at the table.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to Phil! Still killin the game!

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm happy that he wins, but he's much more entertaining when he loses.:)

cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Nobody can ever take anything away from Hellmuth and his poker accomplishments, but his tirades have become ridiculous over the years.

If a lesser known player did that stuff at a WSOP table, they would receive the fastest penalty (if not worse) in history.
I think it is a lot of show to be the "poker brat"

N

Natehammer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phill is one of the best

Congratulations to Phill on another win 16 is incredible his overall poker iq an skill is incredible

WSOP