It's Official - Republican Platform anti Poker

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our lovely America as established by the founding documents of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution was a brilliant, flawed, entirely unique approach to governance, that provided for liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all (except slaves-go back to the flawed part).

Not really. The Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) had such governance long before the colonists came up with something similar, although inferior since women were much more influencial in Haudenosaunee politics, and there were no slaves.

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kids have no future with the spending Obama has done anyway. The man has screwed our country like a $5 horror. Letting illegals stay in the country and giving them welfare, food stamps, and even Soc. security once they work just 5 years !!! We have people with 5 or more kids collecting government aid that should be chemically castrated, but Obama gives in just to get the votes. Then theres the fact he cancelled nation prayer day but still had ramadon at the white house. This coutry was built on God and the ability for a hard working person to make it, not allah and taking from the ones who work hard and giving to the lazy !!

Im not saying I agree with eveything the republicans do, but if you vote for obama you deserve what you get .... unemployment .... higher taxes .... and this country going into the shitter.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's one tv network

i'll link it when I get home, UCLA did a study on the top 21 tv networks in the USA, with 19 of them having obvious liberal tendencies and bias, while 2 (Fox and Christian Broadcasting) having obvious conservative tendencies

No offense, but if your not from the states, you don't understand our political mentality clearly. Were not liberal like European countries and couldn't possibly support that style of government. Our population tends to be about 10x any individual country and geographically, were much larger than that even. We fought a war over this about 240 years ago and alot of those same principles still apply today to our society.

I am from Texas, I have lived in Europe since 1982. I visit the US every year, sometimes for up to 2 months.

I have a pretty balanced view from both standpoints.

I will say you dont have to be from the states to understand the political mentality. And your statement "We are not liberal like European countries" shows an uninformed view of European (and world) politics. AND.... The population is irrelevant, as is the geographical size. But a knowledge of world history would be helpful to avoid this bully type of comment.

As far as Fox being "only one network"....lmao

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kids have no future with the spending Obama has done anyway. The man has screwed our country like a $5 horror. Letting illegals stay in the country and giving them welfare, food stamps, and even Soc. security once they work just 5 years !!! We have people with 5 or more kids collecting government aid that should be chemically castrated, but Obama gives in just to get the votes. Then theres the fact he cancelled nation prayer day but still had ramadon at the white house. This coutry was built on God and the ability for a hard working person to make it, not allah and taking from the ones who work hard and giving to the lazy !!

Im not saying I agree with eveything the republicans do, but if you vote for obama you deserve what you get .... unemployment .... higher taxes .... and this country going into the shitter.

The US as a whole gets what they deserve. No matter how they vote. (and, especially if they dont vote...)

And that has NOTHING to do with Obama.

Chew on that.

Country IS going to the shitter...... mirrors need to be looked into....

Last edited:
C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The US as a whole gets what they deserve. No matter how they vote. (and, especially if they dont vote...)

And that has NOTHING to do with Obama.

Chew on that.

Country IS going to the shitter...... mirrors need to be looked into....
Nothing to do with obama ?? are you high ? he put us 15 trillion in debt ... more than ALL of the other presidents combined !! You didnt need to graduate highschool to figure this out. Any please explain what you mean by the US gets what they deserve. I think if we'd stop letting people take asylum in our coutry and make sure you cant just move and get our government to pay for your 4-5 kids when you cant even speak english. Dem's think we need to change for the few instead of making the few follow the damn rules. Come here and visit, but when your done, dont forget the way home. We visit other countries but dont do it to steal jobs and have the governments pay to raise our kids.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:p
I am from Texas, I have lived in Europe since 1982. I visit the US every year, sometimes for up to 2 months.

I have a pretty balanced view from both standpoints.

I will say you dont have to be from the states to understand the political mentality. And your statement "We are not liberal like European countries" shows an uninformed view of European (and world) politics. AND.... The population is irrelevant, as is the geographical size. But a knowledge of world history would be helpful to avoid this bully type of comment.

As far as Fox being "only one network"....lmao

LOL

-Our population is 10x that of European countries and Geographically much, much more larger. If you don't think this has any effect on the US, you've clearly been out of the country for far too long. I can guarantee I have more knowledge of world history than you, seeing as I'm about to graduate with dual degree in the field.

Fox is one news network on television, I understand their corporation owns others, but it's pretty obvious why they gain such a wide tv viewership compared to other networks. If your left-leaning, you can choose from a variety of outlets to gain your information, but conservatives have truly one or two "major" outlets. (I'm from the NE, so it's quite liberal up here). I don't watch Fox, nor do I see myself as a republican, but to automatically assume that Fox is some lower-level news network is bogus. There all biased and they all have an objective, it's the media.

(inb4"faux"newsjokes)

imafin

imafin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dnc ans dem convention cricket cricket cricket

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing to do with obama ?? are you high ? he put us 15 trillion in debt ... more than ALL of the other presidents combined !! You didnt need to graduate highschool to figure this out. Any please explain what you mean by the US gets what they deserve. I think if we'd stop letting people take asylum in our coutry and make sure you cant just move and get our government to pay for your 4-5 kids when you cant even speak english. Dem's think we need to change for the few instead of making the few follow the damn rules. Come here and visit, but when your done, dont forget the way home. We visit other countries but dont do it to steal jobs and have the governments pay to raise our kids.

I'm a conservative-leaning moderate but there's so much LOL in this post...

W

waz666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yawn, the republicans and democrats are both owned by corporate America... Voting for Mitt or Barack will make no difference. Johnson 2012-fight your owners

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Look at the state of the economy at the end of Clinton's 8 years, and look at it after Bush's 8.

You get what you vote for= you deserve what you got.

Simple. As you seem to be.....

lots of lol in this post, so a D- for amusement factor....

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:p

LOL

-Our population is 10x that of European countries and Geographically much, much more larger. If you don't think this has any effect on the US, you've clearly been out of the country for far too long. I can guarantee I have more knowledge of world history than you, seeing as I'm about to graduate with dual degree in the field.

Fox is one news network on television, I understand their corporation owns others, but it's pretty obvious why they gain such a wide tv viewership compared to other networks. If your left-leaning, you can choose from a variety of outlets to gain your information, but conservatives have truly one or two "major" outlets. (I'm from the NE, so it's quite liberal up here). I don't watch Fox, nor do I see myself as a republican, but to automatically assume that Fox is some lower-level news network is bogus. There all biased and they all have an objective, it's the media.

(inb4"faux"newsjokes)

Yep, I echo the LOL. I dont understand what point you are trying to make about the US being a larger mas of land and having more people. I was referencing your comment that someone who doesent live in the US can not understand its policies.: "No offense, but if your not from the states, you don't understand our political mentality clearly. Were not liberal like European countries and couldn't possibly support that style of government. Our population tends to be about 10x any individual country and geographically, were much larger than that even. We fought a war over this about 240 years ago and alot of those same principles still apply today to our society. " You speak as if size and population influence whether someone who does not live stateside can understand its policies. I dont get the relationship.... And as to referencing the civil war in response to this, ...????? wut??? (and a lot of things from that era still exist today, such as electorate voting, that are so not representative of what the US needs now....outdated laws..) The principles still exist today?? Explain please.

My reference to world history is also paralleling the rise and fall of world powers in the past and the course the US has been taking. Of course, a real comparison cannot be made due to such a great difference in social interaction and the state of technology today compared with the past situations, but the US is in big trouble and many policies are short sighted and damned to failure over the long run. I am American, altho I dont live there. This does not in any way mean I have less understanding than you or anyone. This is the age of information. Neither you, I or anyone can claim a monopoly on information simply due to our geographical address. I travel to the States regularly, and I travel Europe regularly. I have been through Africa and South America. I believe your world view expands and becomes more balanced the more you see, the more cultures you get familiar with. To know and understand only one and then to claim to know more due to your narrow margin of experience and first hand knowledge makes no sense at all.

I dont doubt that you have a good education, I will take your word for that. And I dont claim to be any type of political expert. I am glad that you can "guarantee" you have more knowledge than me. I guess a degree makes any one else s experience, opinion and knowledge useless in your eyes.

EDIT: BTW I am not trying to start a fight with you, I hope you get that.

Please link the survey you mentioned where 19 of 21 major media sources in US TV are liberally biased.

Last edited:
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You're a poker player right? You realize voting is -ev right?

edit: that's assuming you value your time above .00001 cents/hour

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, I echo the LOL. I dont understand what point you are trying to make about the US being a larger mas of land and having more people. I was referencing your comment that someone who doesent live in the US can not understand its policies.: "No offense, but if your not from the states, you don't understand our political mentality clearly. Were not liberal like European countries and couldn't possibly support that style of government. Our population tends to be about 10x any individual country and geographically, were much larger than that even. We fought a war over this about 240 years ago and alot of those same principles still apply today to our society. " You speak as if size and population influence whether someone who does not live stateside can understand its policies. I dont get the relationship.... And as to referencing the civil war in response to this, ...????? wut??? (and a lot of things from that era still exist today, such as electorate voting, that are so not representative of what the US needs now....outdated laws..) The principles still exist today?? Explain please.

My reference to world history is also paralleling the rise and fall of world powers in the past and the course the US has been taking. Of course, a real comparison cannot be made due to such a great difference in social interaction and the state of technology today compared with the past situations, but the US is in big trouble and many policies are short sighted and damned to failure over the long run. I am American, altho I dont live there. This does not in any way mean I have less understanding than you or anyone. This is the age of information. Neither you, I or anyone can claim a monopoly on information simply due to our geographical address. I travel to the States regularly, and I travel Europe regularly. I have been through Africa and South America. I believe your world view expands and becomes more balanced the more you see, the more cultures you get familiar with. To know and understand only one and then to claim to know more due to your narrow margin of experience and first hand knowledge makes no sense at all.

I dont doubt that you have a good education, I will take your word for that. And I dont claim to be any type of political expert. I am glad that you can "guarantee" you have more knowledge than me. I guess a degree makes any one else s experience, opinion and knowledge useless in your eyes.

EDIT: BTW I am not trying to start a fight with you, I hope you get that.

Please link the survey you mentioned where 19 of 21 major media sources in US TV are liberally biased.

The size thing was in response to Belgo's universal healthcare debate, which was in another thread ( mixed political threads)

-I'm not saying it's not possible, but as a resident of the US and Belgo is not, I have a more realistic grasp on how politics work here. It's one thing to study, it's another to experience. Also, in response to his comment, which I don't quite understand, i'm guessing he studied at Harvard and MIT? If so, that's something to brag about, as i'm applying to Harvard law, I understand how difficult that truly is, but studying/living in those school's communities where the upper .0001% of US citizens go does not give a realistic sense of the country.

-I didn't make the civil war comment, I was just lol'ing at whomever did. Calling it the "war of aggression" is comical.

- http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

link^...Misquoted, as it's 18 of 20, not 19/21

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're a poker player right? You realize voting is -ev right?

edit: that's assuming you value your time above .00001 cents/hour

You have 2 avenues to pursue......

Voting and not voting.....

I vote....

To put it in poker terms......do the math.....

W

waz666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you vote Democrat or Republican you are voting against poker. They are on the same team and they don't give a crap about you. Wake up:eek:

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have 2 avenues to pursue......

Voting and not voting.....

I vote....

To put it in poker terms......do the math.....

It's a fact that voting is -ev. The probability of your vote changing the results of the election multiplied by the amount having your candidate win is worth to you is almost definitely lower than the value of your time during election day.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an outsider to US politics it must be scary to have to choose between Obama and Romney.
When Obama got elected I was very happy but from this side of the big pond he seems useless and he hates the UK in any case...
But put him against Romney, he is frightening, he must be the stupidest presidential candidate since George Bush jnr.
It would have to be Omama through gritted teeth, I have never voted conservative here and could never vote republican if I lived in the US, but Mitt Romney, do people really beleive in him? Wow.
But then again over here we will soon have the choice between David Cameron who is a posh boy pretending to know how the people feel, but who can keep the worst chancellor in history in a job.
Against him we have Ed Milliband...... who...exactly
Sadly we have to realise that only idiots, religious bigots, racists and the criminally insane would want to be politicians. I cant remember who said it but whoever it was said " anyone who wants to be a politician should be automatically barred from standing" got it spot on.
I am 59 and voted all my life until the last general election when for the first time I didnt, couldnt see anyone I could even slightly believe in, as the T shirt said " dont vote, it only encourages them."

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you vote Democrat or Republican you are voting against poker. They are on the same team and they don't give a crap about you. Wake up:eek:

OK, you make an argument about what NOT to do.

So your solution is apathy?

And, btw : Wake up. Poker is not the only issue people vote on.

T

Tonawanda

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody's Perfect

Tempted to rant, but I'll let their own hypocritical words speak for themselves. Note: they do not call for outlawing lotteries, betting on horse-racing or fantasy football they only want to restore the previous interpretation of the Wire Act.Rest of platform here if you have the stomach for it.
As it relates to lotteries or other revenue generating gambling, the hipocrisy is clear. But, nobody's perfect.
Hey, at least they didn't take God out of the platform!
And, you have to love the Dem's delegate voting process to get him back in.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And, you have to love the Dem's delegate voting process to get him back in.

The same scripted-voting was used by the RNC on a delegate rule change ;)

Both these parties are so corrupt that they have the b***s to so obviously ignore their own votes on national television and even pre-script the final vote.

W

waz666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, you make an argument about what NOT to do.

So your solution is apathy?

And, btw : Wake up. Poker is not the only issue people vote on.

No my solution is to vote third party.

And of course Poker is not the only thing I'm concerned about. I'm concerned that we have a two party system completely run by corporations and that they agree on 98% of issues.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically just reading Austin and Belgo's posts.

I don't know loads but it seems like a messed up situation over there atm.
I would probably vote for Obama though I'm a fiscal conservative in favour of limited government. The trick is to tax the rich enough so that they won't leave. Around 50% is cool, 15% is ridiculous. I couldn't vote for those right wing fanatics.
I loved your view on marginal utility etc. it's basically how all tax should be figured.

Also for almost everyone here. Pretty much everything you hear everyday is propaganda. Most of you have fallen for it. Check your facts, don't repeat what someone said on the tv without investigating yourself and if they've told a lie you should hold that against them. It's sad to see so many people blind.