It's Official - Republican Platform anti Poker

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think hes referring to the debit card they have that you can give your kids. You can give them an allowance from your own acct. They have limited access and definitely aren't usable for intl transactions.

edit: here http://www.payjr.com/
I knew kids who have gotten credit cards, at the age of 16. They just lie about their age and they get one, credit card comps never check the SSN that is on it, to find out how old one is applying to get a credit card.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I knew kids who have gotten credit cards, at the age of 16. They just lie about their age and they get one, credit card comps never check the SSN that is on it, to find out how old one is applying to get a credit card.

The bolded part is absolutely not true. I worked for a credit card company for 11 years.

A few sneak through but most would not.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as the Indian tribes can continue the brick and mortar gambling all is well. What the hell is the matter with these guys.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

this is just 100% false

I'm 21 w/a minor history of credit (only good) , parents have a perfect credit rating and I can't even get a card bc there being so strict nowadays

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bolded part is absolutely not true. I worked for a credit card company for 11 years.

A few sneak through but most would not.
Well not the credit card company you worked for.. But i did read up, most just look over the date, then file it in the trashcan.
My parents had some problems with a credit card company 7 years ago, was looking up on how to deal with them when i ran into that.
The credit card company could not prove that the card was their's, they did not even have the SSN that was used on file.

this is just 100% false

I'm 21 w/a minor history of credit (only good) , parents have a perfect credit rating and I can't even get a card bc there being so strict nowadays
Really, which credit card company you applying to? Also don't forget the bail out the gov gave banks and credit card company's, so it might be a bit harder to get a credit card.
10 to 1 i can get a credit card without no problem, i've not applied for one yet. I've got 0 for credit history.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately Mitt Romney makes it very easy for me to do whatever necessary to vote against him. :)

I will eventually read all posts here - and I swore I would try to stay away from political posts in the forum, since the views swing so broadly in both directions - but it is an amazing thing to see. American politics in the present state, and especially the American support of politicians.

How Mitt Romney can be seen as a "savior", its like science fiction..... And how more people cannot feel as Dakota does, I cant understand. It IS easy to NOT want this guy in the most powerful seat in US politics.....

Yet so many seem to want it....

(where is the "scratch my head in wonder" smiley?)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea it is quite depressing - especially since some of my immediate family members are Romney supporters. :(

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea it is quite depressing - especially since some of my immediate family members are Romney supporters. :(

Yep, that is an issue with me as well. Never before have politics, or my political views, been such a dividing factor in my family. The hard part for me is, when asked my political opinion, I try to just get away with "hey, lets just vote in the booth and get along here". But, no, I cant seem to.

I know some family members are totally on the other side politically, and they seem to be aggressively pursuing the conflict in discussion. The weird thing is, we are many members on both sides, and the Republican side - at least in my family, sadly enough - is more aggressive than I have ever experienced:(..... and not really willing to live and let live..... real weird and sad

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep - I had to stop a conversation with my brother because his views were scaring me - and I could tell he had no respect for mine. I don't want to change my opinion of him and vice versa so I guess it is a discussion we just can't have.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How anyone can support either one is beyond me unless it's a case of the lesser of two evils.

On the credit card thing, I had to sign for my son to get his first card and it had a very small limit; so even if he had maxed it out, it wasn't life changing.

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats alot of reading in the doc. a short. will they forbid online poker these republicans?

Last edited by a moderator:
seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uh lol wtf !hopefully they will lose anyway!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will eventually read all posts here - and I swore I would try to stay away from political posts in the forum, since the views swing so broadly in both directions - but it is an amazing thing to see. American politics in the present state, and especially the American support of politicians.

How Mitt Romney can be seen as a "savior", its like science fiction..... And how more people cannot feel as Dakota does, I cant understand. It IS easy to NOT want this guy in the most powerful seat in US politics.....

Yet so many seem to want it....

(where is the "scratch my head in wonder" smiley?)
Can someone link to me why he is so bad? Like not trying to flame etc but curious for your opinion is all, if you wanna keep out of forum just send in pm

Goes for daks as well

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should also say I'm not going to argue but I just want to understand other people's opinion. I'm not American so I obv don't have a say

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have time right now will do so later if I find time. Some things off the top of my head are complete bans on abortion, same sex marriage and online gambling. He is not just opposed - he is radical about all 3.

But there are loads of other things too - he is a dictator he wants to control everything we do. Oh - except owning guns - he doesn't mind if we have an arsenal in our basement as long as we don't kiss a member of the same sex or play poker.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont care about poker but will look up the abortion and same sex marriage. But I mean Romney is not alone with same sex marriages up to a little while ago obama had a similar stance.

Also I've gotten the impression he isn't a right wing nut in that he has in the past has had some left wing tendencies

Plus all leaders want to control what we do. I mean it's a global thing. The good people who we need don't want the post.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Romney himself is that bad, honestly, and would have voted for him. Despite what the Dems say, he did a good job as Governor in my neighboring state and he was quite moderate (which is a no-go in today's GOP). But after reading the Republican platform, I just can't.

I know the platform is not binding, and the candidates have their own agenda, but it does give an indication of what some of those who declare themselves Republican believe. How else to explain the love affairs with Palin, Bachmann and Santorum? All certifiable IMO.

These are also the people the candidates have to pander to to get out the vote.

I, too, would like to know why such vitriol is sent his way. It sounds like Dakota is more against the nanny-state, socially conservative, Republican agenda than Mitt. On that I agree.

Mitt's more moderate views almost kept him from getting the nomination.

Last edited:
xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont care about poker but will look up the abortion and same sex marriage. But I mean Romney is not alone with same sex marriages up to a little while ago obama had a similar stance.

Also I've gotten the impression he isn't a right wing nut in that he has in the past has had some left wing tendencies

Plus all leaders want to control what we do. I mean it's a global thing. The good people who we need don't want the post.

Romney is about as moderate as a republican candidate is ever going to be. You are correct Sir.

Except for the online poker ban, he's pretty much moderate right-wing.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the record I don't like Obama either.

But I am not going to get into a political debate or discussion here beyond what I have said already. :)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

But I am not going to get into a political debate or discussion here beyond what I have said already. :)

But isn't that a problem? That on a certain level all political discussions reach this point? I mean not against you but it's just that at some point all of these convos end without a foot moving in any direction and we are stuck democrat republican democrat republican

I mean how many people have voted for a republican all their life and how many democrats have done the same? Again this is coming from a person who lives in a country where race decides the prime minister

Also I'm not taking you as that type of person just making an observation.

How many people actually weight the pros and cons on a logical level

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Romney Said he would let the states lay down the laws on online poker.
I live in a state under republican's, we still got tables games passed.

Phew, was going to say. Don't tell me you support Obama.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But isn't that a problem? That on a certain level all political discussions reach this point? I mean not against you but it's just that at some point all of these convos end without a foot moving in any direction and we are stuck democrat republican democrat republican

I mean how many people have voted for a republican all their life and how many democrats have done the same? Again this is coming from a person who lives in a country where race decides the prime minister

Also I'm not taking you as that type of person just making an observation.

How many people actually weight the pros and cons on a logical level

In a forum, meant for ppl to share their opinions, I think it's inevitable. Not sure what your getting at?

Also, I think the whole voting solely on republican and democrat without weighing their options is a thing of the past. I think ppl realize that a DECENT part of politics is just bs. And you just look for who is full of the least sh**.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Romney Said he would let the states lay down the laws on online poker.
I live in a state under republican's, we still got tables games passed.

Phew, was going to say. Don't tell me you support Obama.

I should stress its not who you vote for but why