Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am a woman, but I am absolutely not worried about the fact that in a card game the king is higher in rank than the queen.

SgtStarMan

SgtStarMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha oh man, what an idea.

Don't think they'll ever get safe spaces in card rooms though.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wish comment again

this friggin ridiculous
how dare anyone with sense support this?

i so sick of you social justice hypocrites
i goin throw up - for sure

ALL OVER YOU YUCKY

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone must be idle to write such articles. Does the author notice that Queen is stronger than Jack? Nonsense ...

D

DomDoctor01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Society is way too sensible nowadays .A deck or cards or a game doesn't need to be changed just because of someone's misinterpretation. Peoppe are taking themselves way too seriously and feel entitled to special treatment out of frustration over some self belief that they aren't good enough .Let's crank it down a notch lol.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a moment of humor)

Friend, as soon as you find the planet, I'll give you a ride with black jack and the girls)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I totally agree.

I fully support equality.. Men are no better than women, and vice-versa.

You are absolutely right about Manitoba.. It was just a silly play on words on my part.
I could have said the same thing about Manitoulin Island.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks in turn for this honest reply - really appreciated!

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Card games have developed over the centuries and nothing needs to be changed here, which game to play with cards, everyone chooses for himself, but basically it is poker and blackjack and where is which card in which game is older, this is all thought out by the logic of the game.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone else read the article that its now offensive for the King to be stronger than the Queen, so theres talk about making the cards gender neutral, ill post the news article if i can find it again.

By the way, does anyone else feel a burning desire to just get off this planet?!
The only thing to say to this stupidity is, $&@! off!!

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its funny, this is not an issue to me, but then neither is it an issue that some Dutch psychologist has pointed out bias stems from many existing conditions. It says more that people get bent out of shape about her thesis rather than the thesis itself - the defensiveness underlines her point. Pretty much the definition of being a snowflake.

Just a reminder - the US just elected its first women vice president (and first vice president of color and Asian background) in 233 years. Yes, that's how long it took to get to VP Kamala Harris - centuries.

So, perhaps we could all progress society a little faster by conceding gender bias is real (as are other biases) and is still prevalent in this day and age. In other words society might be better served if some stop being a drama queens over someone inventing a new deck of cards.
The articulate stupidity is amazing.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The articulate stupidity is amazing.

Well, a shot and a miss. Articulate - to speak fluently and coherently. One can only speak coherently if one thinks coherently - so articulate stupidity is a contradiction.

The point I made (and have remade through the thread), is I am not bothered either way - traditional or gender neutral cards. It's little more than a small experiment.

However, what is obvious throughout the thread is people feel angered and threatened which would indicate insecurity. Yet it's remains a small, insignificant matter that might just have kids imagining their roles in life a little differently.

What is the harm? It's the contemporary jump to instant aggrievement and offense that makes me laugh. Yet (and all here know this) it's hardly as if The Aria will insist on everyone playing with gender neutral cards tomorrow is it?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I propose all cards are homogenised to the the value of 1 grey square.

52 x 1 grey square

All equal value & ranking.

Gonna make for some real interesting poker sessions! :)

I identify as a feminist so for me aces are feminine anyway... :wink:

So it's really like this:

F > M > F > M
A > K > Q > J

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, Doctor, well said
Society is way too sensible nowadays .A deck or cards or a game doesn't need to be changed just because of someone's misinterpretation. Peoppe are taking themselves way too seriously and feel entitled to special treatment out of frustration over some self belief that they aren't good enough .Let's crank it down a notch lol.

:dito:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Society is way too sensible nowadays .A deck or cards or a game doesn't need to be changed just because of someone's misinterpretation. Peoppe are .taking themselves way too seriously and feel entitled to special treatment out of frustration over some self belief that they aren't good enough Let's crank it down a notch lol.

"...a game doesn't need to be changed just because of someone's misinterpretation."

No, that is not a misinterpretation at all. Kings have ranked above Queens since ancient history. No one is misinterpreting anything.

However, playing cards were brought to Europe from the Mamluk culture, an Islamic empire of the middle ages with different rankings - King. Viceroy and Second Viceroy, all male. So playing cards historically have already been amended and I'd guess no one was wigging out when a few centuries ago when that happened.

"taking themselves way too seriously and feel entitled to special treatment out of frustration over some self belief that they aren't good enough..."

What? And your instructing people to dial it back?

A post graduate psychologist made a run of fifty cards backed by her father. Following that enough interest was shown for her to produce 1,500 sets (not sure where production stands now). What if anything has that got to do with entitlement or special treatment? She had an idea, others were enthused to buy sets and so she produced more. End of story.

She is being proactive whilst others are over reactive.

I

icunicu83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk about snowflakes.
This is an article about one woman who made a gender-neutral deck and sold them to her family and friends. If anyone has a problem with that, I suggest they seek professional help.
People love to jump on the "PC has gone too far!" bandwagon as an excuse to justify the ignorant things they have said and done to offend others in the past. (easier to blame society than to accept the fact that sometimes, under no malicious intent, we say or do offensive things)
Some of you act as if "the man" passed an E.O. to make the Queens stronger than Kings.
It is to remove gender from something that has nothing to do with gender. What gender is 5? What about an Ace? To even have royalty in a deck is to say we cater to religious divine right and most of the modern world considers that dated and savage.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Idiots are trying to take over the world. Enough for the politically correct. Don't touch my game.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Would be cool if there were 11, 12, 13 instead. But yeah K, Q and J will always be real playing cards.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talk about snowflakes.
This is an article about one woman who made a gender-neutral deck and sold them to her family and friends. If anyone has a problem with that, I suggest they seek professional help.
People love to jump on the "PC has gone too far!" bandwagon as an excuse to justify the ignorant things they have said and done to offend others in the past. (easier to blame society than to accept the fact that sometimes, under no malicious intent, we say or do offensive things)
Some of you act as if "the man" passed an E.O. to make the Queens stronger than Kings.
It is to remove gender from something that has nothing to do with gender. What gender is 5? What about an Ace? To even have royalty in a deck is to say we cater to religious divine right and most of the modern world considers that dated and savage.
I don't know ....................Trump tried to ban Oreo's and legitemently wondered if a person can inject bleach on live
Television
I'd believe just about anything these days due to the fact that Society as a whole is pretty crazy

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahahahahaha.... I want off this ride

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Soon they will want to take all the values from all the cards, since equality should be for everyone. Crazy thing that yes

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed, I sometimes find it interesting to move to another planet. But there will be people there, too. If only this were a planet inhabited by robots under my control! The topic is delusional for the first time I read about it. I don't understand how to make the king and queen equal in some game. We'll get used to it.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah totally ridiculous. I like the reference to Chess where the Queen is the strongest piece on the board. Wonder how you make Chess pieces Gender Neutral...lol