orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I think it's a great idea. The rank of the King and Queen should change throughout the game.

When I have QQ against KK, the Queen should rank higher and when I have KK against QQ the king should rank higher. I don't see a problem with that.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Aaah yes...the poor little snowflakes....always taking offense at such silly things....I like the Proverbs in the Bible where it says at Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 9 that the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools....

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol really? we going down this far with that?

whats next? ace of spades cant be higher than the deuces?
J cant be higher than the 10? come on.. THEY ARE JUST PLAYING CARDS!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
54d334285c3e3e8dcbf0c92ea9df8a96.png
Even more sexist than the existing cards!!! (As long as you have the mind and imagination of a dirty old man.) :D

Just close your eyes a bit and you can see:
Gold - Three long dicks.
Silver - Gold's payment in silver coins for services rendered by Bronze.
Bronze - Looks like a chastity belt to me.
OK, I am jesting, but then every deck of cards does have a couple of Jesters. Does a Jester have a gender? Just asking.

A

atyagi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I am Jack and am offended that K and Q trumps me

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Aaah yes...the poor little snowflakes....always taking offense at such silly things....I like the Proverbs in the Bible where it says at Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 9 that the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools....

Yes but don't you have it backwards? The ones defending the established rankings are the ones taking offense at the idea someone is questioning them. So it's snowflakes all round?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
King = Bitcoin
Queen = Gold
Jacks = Silver
Jokers= Fiat

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Neuter all card games. I guess I have lived too long if this is even a question. Gender is a real thing. Not a mystical dream. Even sex change persons want to be another gender. So now no one is anything moving forward. Does not work in my world.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn’t mind it since that’s the thing today, trying to do something different kinda works sometimes.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is an oriental proverb that says: " strong men create easy times and easy times generate weak men, but weak men create difficult times and difficult times generate strong men ".
I hope that what we are experiencing is only part of this cycle ...
Because this generation treated to milk with pear is concerned with very insignificant things. :eek:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is an oriental proverb that says: " strong men create easy times and easy times generate weak men, but weak men create difficult times and difficult times generate strong men ".
I hope that what we are experiencing is only part of this cycle ...
Because this generation treated to milk with pear is concerned with very insignificant things. :eek:

"There is an oriental proverb that says..."

I am not aware this is an oriental proverb but rather a quote from science fiction. Further some note it is as having an fascist overtone.

However, if something is insignificant, why take it seriously, why fret?

This is an unremarkable idea which might move the needle a fraction in terms of gender equality. It beats me why some have to defend the ranking within a deck of cards as though it is a matter of some import. Dogs living with cats syndrome.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true, I am not sure if the saying is oriental, I saw on the internet that it is an oriental saying.
But some point out that it has a fascist tone, it does not mean much ... there are people, especially those who say they are more progressive, than everything they dislike today, they say they are fascist.
They trivialized the word to the point that when they say that, you can't take these people seriously.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen some playing card variants where the queen is worth more than the king and I'm down with the sentiment though I'm not sure about the usability since the order has been ingrained so long.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did anyone else read the article that its now offensive for the King to be stronger than the Queen, so theres talk about making the cards gender neutral, ill post the news article if i can find it again.

By the way, does anyone else feel a burning desire to just get off this planet?!

They are destroying civilization. It is all cyclical, it has already happened. We will (will) have a tremendous job to rebuild everything again.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also heard about this absurd idea ,, what about chess where the king is weaker than the queen, they will also introduce equal rights here ,,, the world turned upside down

Queen is not stronger in chess, come on. First of all, you can make 8 more queens, or sacrifice em all, the King is just ruling the game.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is as ridiculous as it gets. I think we are done folks. We hit the bottom.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And then I suppose chess pieces will be next

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They should play Sheepshead. The Q is at the top of ranks.
Or they can make up their own damn game and remove the K and J cards.
Too many people with to little to do.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look, I kind of consider myself to be a democrat. But this sounds like some liberal BS.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is as ridiculous as it gets. I think we are done folks. We hit the bottom.

The entire human world got stupid all at once, somehow. I'd even go so far as to say the entire human species went insane at the same moment. It has been remarkable to witness it happen, and even more remarkable how nobody else even seems to notice it, they just put on their idiot-masks and keep right on going like its perfectly normal.

I swear its a real-life version of that old movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers, some alien presence has infected humanity, that's the real virus, not this faked crap. LMAO

G

Grant mckay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dang Im Sick Of All This Bullcrap...
If Your Offended Piss Off.. Grow Up..

and why dont you get offended by the hands.. like 69...and what about Snowpersons? 88 they have feelings as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
OK I am for change of things to make them correct but this is a bit much. Considering how laid back I am we need to really think about what we are doing at times.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gender neutral

I dont think this is really necessary.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have seen some playing card variants where the queen is worth more than the king and I'm down with the sentiment though I'm not sure about the usability since the order has been ingrained so long.

What makes me laugh about all the manly men style indignation is Unibet for one has featured the idea of 'Queens Rules' (queen outranking the king) for women's tourneys since 2018 (I guess most posters here missed that) specifically to raise the level of debate regarding gender equality.

Funny that.

https://www.unibetopen.com/fcb-infe...paign-features-new-games-queens-rule-supreme/

Last edited: