Fight for Poker Rights Daily Action Plan - Do Your Part!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

PPA VP of Player Relations
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very cool! Thanks.

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friday, June 8, 2012

I created a new online petition to specific Members of Congress, including one member who is not on either Twitter or Facebook. As the petition system emails each recipient with the results, this is yet one more avenue by which we can reach each member!
  1. Let's promote the petition via the prefilled tweet HERE and by sharing the post HERE on our own Facebook walls.
  2. If you're like me, you get invited to various Facebook poker pages. Let's share/post the post HERE on those pages. HERE is an example. If you host a website, please consider posting the graphic below to encourage participation as well. Thanks!
  3. The earlier poker petition just closed, with 9200 signatures! Let's tweet half of the recipients with the results: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  4. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
If you'd like to do more today:
  • Let's visit the Texas GOP Convention Facebook wall HERE and the Texas GOP Facebook wall HERE to share our thoughts on their rejection of PPA's application for a booth at the state convention. Let's also comment on posts on their main pages HERE and HERE.
  • The earlier poker petition just closed, with 9200 signatures. Tomorrow's action plan will include tweets to the remaining recipients. You can do them today if you wish, but I recommend waiting a couple of hours after sending today's tweets. They contain links, so blasting out all eleven at once may set off Twitter's spam detectors: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "signed", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

quintass

quintass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've clicked & sent to all concerned. Hope it helps!

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Google Chrome closes the windows automatically after tweeting! ..Didn't notice that before. :goodbye Internet Explorer: :)

Anyway, done.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Done.

Anyone got a link to the "anti-gambling expansion" in the Republican platform? The only thing I could find is the 2008 Platform that doesn't discuss gambling at all EXCEPT FOR:

Internet Gambling
Millions of Americans suffer from problem or pathological gambling that can destroy families. We support the law prohibiting
gambling over the Internet.​

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TF,

Yes, that's the one.

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for participating!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weekend of June 9th, 2012

I created a new online petition to specific Members of Congress, including one member who is not on either Twitter or Facebook. As the petition system emails each recipient with the results, this is yet one more avenue by which we can reach each member!
  1. Let's promote the petition via the prefilled tweet HERE and by sharing the post HERE on our own Facebook walls.
  2. Let's send prefilled, editable tweets to Congress: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  3. Let's send prefilled, editable tweets to the Texas GOP: HERE and HERE
  4. The earlier poker petition just closed, with 9200 signatures. Let's tweet the second half of the recipients with the results: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  5. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
If you'd like to do more this weekend:
  • Let's visit the Texas GOP Convention Facebook wall HERE and the Texas GOP Facebook wall HERE to share our thoughts on their rejection of PPA's application for a booth at the state convention. Let's also comment on posts on their main pages HERE and HERE.
  • If you're like me, you get invited to various Facebook poker pages. Let's share/post the post HERE on those pages. HERE is an example. If you host a website, please consider posting the graphic below to encourage participation as well. Thanks!
Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "signed", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's keep pushing the new online poker petition. As the petition system emails each recipient with the results, this is yet one more avenue by which we can reach each member!
  1. Let's keep promoting the petition via the prefilled tweet HERE and by sharing the post HERE on our own Facebook walls. It's at 3000+ signatures now, so let's keep it going!
  2. Let's send the prefilled, editable tweet HERE (or retweet HERE) to the Texas GOP. Let's also like the pro-poker FB posts HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  3. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.

Last edited:
Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The second RPT link is a blank page. They must have deleted the post. http://www.facebook.com/RPTcon/posts/444524538899582

And I'm banned :( from the Replican Party Convention facebook page.

Got to love how the Republicans pretend to honor the constitution. Guess they skipped over the part about free speech.

When are we going to get a viable third party? Never--because the Dems and GOP control the process and they are just two sides of the same devalued coin.

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The second RPT link is a blank page. They must have deleted the post. http://www.facebook.com/RPTcon/posts/444524538899582

Yep....they deleted it. :(

And I'm banned :( from the Replican Party Convention facebook page.

Me too. Banned for posting an interview with Grover Norquist, of all things! I guess Norquist is no longer conservative enough for the Texas GOP.

Got to love how the Republicans pretend to honor the constitution. Guess they skipped over the part about free speech.

Not to mention their fidelity to limited government principles.

When are we going to get a viable third party? Never--because the Dems and GOP control the process and they are just two sides of the same devalued coin.

:sheep:

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let's keep pushing the new online poker petition. It's at 3500+ signatures now, so let's keep it going!
  1. Let's start tweeting the recipients of the new poker petition: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  2. Let's make and like pro-poker Facebook posts to lawmakers' FB walls HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  3. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
  • Let's post and like pro-poker comments on the Facebook walls of the Venetian and the Palazzo HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Sheldon Adelson needs to hear from all of us.

Last edited:
Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Done! Almost time to do tomorrows ;)

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congress

Nothing gets done if people don't stand together and voice their opinios. I tweet a couple times a week on how stupid the Feds are opposing Internet gambling when the economy sucks at this time and they could generate more money by allowing it and just taxing it like everything else they do. Basically it's what uigea was all about they were' getting their piece of the action so they took it out on off shore banking to get their way morons they are. With social media today we can do a lot.

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone.

The petition is up to 3800 signatures now. Let's keep it up!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Let's keep pushing the new online poker petition. It's at 3800+ signatures now, so let's keep it going!
  1. Let's keep promoting the petition via the prefilled tweet HERE and by sharing the post HERE on our own Facebook walls. Please also ask your friends and family to sign.
  2. Let's keep tweeting recipients of the new poker petition: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  3. Let's keep making and liking pro-poker comments to the FB walls of the lawmakers from yesterday's action plan HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  4. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
  • Let's get a head start by making and liking pro-poker posts to the FB walls that will be in the action plans later this week HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.