Fight for Poker Rights Daily Action Plan - Do Your Part!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

PPA VP of Player Relations
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted this website (below) in its own thread, but thought I would post it here. I think this website is more or less a "lottery" in that you need some luck for your petition to go viral and get world wide attention, but for anyone who know how to make social media work, this could be a site to start new petitions for online poker in the US.

change.org

I have a petition there, at http://www.change.org/petitions/let...ss-federal-legislation-licensing-online-poker. It's doing well, with over 9K signatures. I hope everyone here will sign it too!

A

ALLINJIM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just signed the petition. Can we PLEASE get online poker back in the US. Especially NY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weekend of June 2nd, 2012

The NJ online gaming bill has been delayed until fall, according to state Sen. Lesniak, sponsor of the legislation (here). It sounds like we need to reach out to Gov. Christie.
  1. Let's send Gov. Christie more prefilled, editable tweets in support of New Jersey's proposed legislation (S 1565): HERE and HERE. Let's keep contacting him via Facebook HERE as well.
  2. Let's send House Subcommittee for Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade Chair Mary Bono Mack and the rest of the subcommittee tweets requesting a markup for HR 2366: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  3. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting this weekend's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
If you wish to do more today:
  • Let's keep posting and liking pro-poker comments on the Facebook walls of the Venetian and the Palazzo HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Sheldon Adelson needs to hear from all of us.
  • If you use Klout, please consider giving a +K for the topics "Poker" and "Congress" HERE. A higher score may help our efforts (and can't hurt).
  • If you've not yet signed the poker petition, please sign it HERE. We're 900 from 10K, so let's push this into five figures! Let's all send a tweet to promote it HERE.
Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am gonna sign. I live out of country but can use a US address. Does it matter which one?

I will send this link to everyone I know and ask for support!

Thanks for participating!

I'd use the one you are actually tied to (close relative, etc.). As an ex-pat, you have some address or at least a claimed state of residency, I guess, and you have every right to be heard.

Next, I'd check the recipients of the petition. An address in one of those districts/states would be more effective.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monday, June 4, 2012

Let's keep telling lawmakers that we want our rights!
  1. Let's send House Subcommittee for Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade Chair Mary Bono Mack and the rest of the subcommittee tweets requesting a markup for HR 2366, the Online Poker Act: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  2. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting this weekend's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
  • Let's keep posting and liking pro-poker comments on the Facebook walls of the Venetian and the Palazzo HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Sheldon Adelson needs to hear from all of us.
  • If you use Klout, please consider giving a +K for the topics "Poker" and "Congress" HERE. A higher score may help our efforts (and can't hurt).
Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

A

andrewsz1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Signed it, kee up the good work

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Demon, TF, and Andrewsz! Let's keep 'em going. :)

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I created a new online petition to specific Members of Congress, including one member who is not on either Twitter or Facebook. As the petition system emails each recipient with the results, this is yet one more avenue by which we can reach each member!
  1. Let's all sign the petition HERE.
  2. Let's promote the petition via the prefilled tweet HERE, by sharing the post HERE on our own Facebook walls, and by any other social media you use.
  3. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "signed", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Change.org allows petition starters to send out email updates to everyone who signed the petition. So, I went to the last petition and sent the 9K signatories of that petition a link to the new one. :)

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had to do Monday and today, but---done.

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Demon and TF!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We got over 1,000 signatures today! The PPA email blast that will go out this morning will crank that up by a lot, but I'm very pleased that our humble effort here with the daily action plan was capable of generating that level of activity.

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I created a new online petition to specific Members of Congress, including one member who is not on either Twitter or Facebook. As the petition system emails each recipient with the results, this is yet one more avenue by which we can reach each member!
  1. Let's all ask our friends and families to sign the poker petition HERE.
  2. Let's all send the new prefilled, editable tweet HERE to help promote the petition.
  3. I created an event on Facebook for the poker petition HERE. Let's all join, post "signed" there to encourage others, and share on our FB walls.
  4. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "signed", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thursday, June 7, 2012

1. Let's all send the new prefilled, editable tweet HERE or retweet the one HERE to help promote the new poker petition.
  2. Let's visit the Texas GOP Convention Facebook wall HERE and the Texas GOP Facebook wall HERE to share our thoughts on their rejection of PPA's application for a booth at the state convention. Let's also comment on posts on their main pages HERE and HERE.
  3. Let's send prefilled, editable tweets to Congressmen: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
  4. Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE (or retweet HERE), and let's share the action on our own Facebook walls HERE.

Last edited: