Doyle Brunson declined the deal for $ 230,000,000

MrGrace

MrGrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was the first player i ever heard of and is a legend in my mind. Chip and a chair and seemed to be very fair and polite compared to some after him. Rest in peace and thanks for sharing your amazing life Mr. Brunson.

M

michael conley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wasn't his favorite two cards 10 2 I believe I heard that in a tourney he was playing

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually good poker players are not good business people

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I enjoyed playing on Doyles Room 'cause they offered 5 card draw high (although the rules were quite different from the game I grew up playing).

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson, my idol, not only as a player, but also as a good person, I support his attitude of refusing to deal

He made an emotional decision, much like you have relied on emotions to judge his take on the deal.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just noticed this thread. I saw a few people say that doyles room turned into ACR poker? I was wondering if that was true cuz I don't quite remember it that way I felt like ACR poker was around at the same time that doyles room was also around ,,,,but I can't totally remember

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know hes a great legen but why not accpet the offer never get greddy right

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a proverb says ( who wants it all , leaves it all ) . So , sometimes u just have to go with the flow . Also , scientists have found that people regret a lot on the things that people didn’t do , more than they regret on the things they’ve did. .

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets quit giving DOYLE a free pass, his hands are NOT clean in the online world!!!!!

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahh good ole doylesroom now ACR unfortunately i only got to play around on doyles room for a few months. doyle was the best player and one of my fav's 2 watch at the high stakes

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can absolutely understand Doyle's way of thinking at the time the offer was made. Poker was rolling along nicely at that point and if Black Friday never happened he probably would have been correct in his thought process. If it was me I would have found it extremely hard to turn down that type of money though.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in the 2000's everything was overvalued. He made the mistake of believing the hype. there was so much money in tech that companies were being bought and sold for billions for no reason other than upside. Besides him there was pets.com and broadcast.com and many others. Its funny though that a gambler who should know when to walk away, didn't do it.
guess he didn't listen to Kenny Rogers.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
used to play his room

back in 06 to 09 I played his site regularily, wasn't bad. that is quite a sum of money, but knowing how doyle rolls, isn't about the money

P

pjcaruci

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Decision

Well not all the decisions that are made in life on the right, usually happen because of an event they take hasty and in the end stick in the pocket or profit in the future, but for that will lament in the future, poor Doyle.:playingba:eek:

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn. Didn't doyles room eventually become winning poker network?

K

Kostik007

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson is a living poker legend, the owner of ten gold bracelets in the WSOP and two-time World Series champion (1976 and1977). He became one of the famous poker players who was admitted to the Poker Hall of Fame. In the gaming community received the name "Texas Dolly", but now he is respectfully called the "godfather" of gambling. Despite the fact that the peak of his poker activity is over, he continues to warm up the public's interest with stories about his career. So, the other day Doyle Brunson posted on Twitter a post about a $ 230,000,000 disastrous transaction.

Ten years ago, the poker player refused a major offer for $ 230,000,000 for an online room that was named after him - DoylesRoom.com. According to Branson, he and his partners abandoned the deal, deciding that the price of the site is much higher than the proposed price. However, after the Law on Responsibility for Illegal Internet Gambling (UIGEA) in 2006, the online room stopped making profits. In 2011, after Black Friday, which also hit Brunson's pocket, he and his partners sold the site for an unknown sum.

On his Twitter page, Doyle Brunson wrote that he "still has nightmares" because of a missed chance to make good money.
Doyle Brunson Great poker player and great man

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Like some people said, Doyle's Room turned into ACR. I used to love Doyle's Room, the celebrity bounty tournaments were amazing. I used my points one time to order an awesome chip set.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great

Like some people said, Doyle's Room turned into ACR. I used to love Doyle's Room, the celebrity bounty tournaments were amazing. I used my points one time to order an awesome chip set.

it sure is American card room was doyles room

Doyle Brunson Great poker player and great man

Doyle take the money cuz!
Doyle Brunson what can you say . great . great for poker . great to watch . great to learn from . great person . on and on and then some more . havefunAA:D

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I met Doyle at the first women's poker tournament of the wsop, I asked him and a few other big honchos to sign an autograph for me-I held out a pen, he signed his name on my white shirt, just above the pocket, as did a few others. Still have that shirt.