Doyle Brunson declined the deal for $ 230,000,000

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play in Doyles room,and i am sorry for that,i was very youg in that time :D

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But why Doyle donttake the money?

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle made the poker, we can see now.
His contribution in the Poker world and the World with poker is giant

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people just do not realize how much money was being "made" during the poker years up until Black Friday. Many "pros" were being paid incredible monthly amounts to represent a poker site and Doyle was actually an owner so that amount of money sounds crazy, BUT if Black Friday did not happen the company would have been worth Billions

gambling in business can be as much of a risk or more than playing poker. This is why many people do not finance companies with all of their own money.

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for bieng a poker player that was a total ass 9 move not to take the deal very dumb poor poor decision!

P

pjcaruci

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle

Is what I thought at the time, everything looked very good at that time unfortunately the laws and black Friday made the poker rooms in the US decay, hopefully the sale is not so bad either, are decisions that are taken and then there should be no regrets of the same:jd4:

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that Doyle Brunson has already achieved his goal in life. In his years, there is no need to regret anything.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Bad choice Doyle! Bad choice!

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too much time has passed to objectively assess the situation, or rather, given the current state of Affairs, he finds his decision wrong, although at that time it was the only true! Time changes everything!!!

L

lovido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
point of view

Doyle Brunson is a living poker legend, the owner of ten gold bracelets in the WSOP and two-time World Series champion (1976 and1977). He became one of the famous poker players who was admitted to the Poker Hall of Fame. In the gaming community received the name "Texas Dolly", but now he is respectfully called the "godfather" of gambling. Despite the fact that the peak of his poker activity is over, he continues to warm up the public's interest with stories about his career. So, the other day Doyle Brunson posted on Twitter a post about a $ 230,000,000 disastrous transaction.

Ten years ago, the poker player refused a major offer for $ 230,000,000 for an online room that was named after him - DoylesRoom.com. According to Branson, he and his partners abandoned the deal, deciding that the price of the site is much higher than the proposed price. However, after the Law on Responsibility for Illegal Internet Gambling (UIGEA) in 2006, the online room stopped making profits. In 2011, after Black Friday, which also hit Brunson's pocket, he and his partners sold the site for an unknown sum.

On his Twitter page, Doyle Brunson wrote that he "still has nightmares" because of a missed chance to make good money.

I learned in poker, you don't regret decisions made, because at the time considering the circumstances, it's usually the best decision:), so maybe he had his own better point of view. no matter what he's a legend.:star:

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
love the guy but not gonna shed too many tears... don't think he needs the money

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For us this amount is huge but maybe for him that amount is weak as he said , his room is worth more than that .

XSCREAMMANX

XSCREAMMANX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i remember that also when ACR appeared and cause i had a doyle account now its my ACR account

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a very large sum. I played on his old skin when it was apart of the cake network. I never would have guessed it was worth that much.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To go nuts, I'm in shock. I would sell the room for 230 million bucks, it is possible not to work all my life and enjoy life in the Bahamas.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In zero years 230 million he considered a very small price. The poker world was one and Doyle expected to sell the room several times more expensive. But Black Friday brought down Doyle's prices and plans. Terrible bad beat.
:boxing:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyles Bad Beat

In zero years 230 million he considered a very small price. The poker world was one and Doyle expected to sell the room several times more expensive. But Black Friday brought down Doyle's prices and plans. Terrible bad beat.
:boxing:

Doyle will not be the first or last rich person to make a bad decision..having the money to make bad decisions is often why such decisions get made.

230 Million in the day was a lot of dough, i would certainly look at who was advising him as well.

If it felt wrong at the time then it would have felt a good decision - the benefit of hindsight and the ridiculous Black Friday can never be accounted for.

Doyle does not seem to have suffered too much from this however :)

Ar Ar Ar Ar

toteucelbun

toteucelbun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who knew that online poker in US was illegal..? Doyle Brunson shoulda know that and he shoulda sold that website.. He like everyone else in industry thought nothing can go wrong. Life..

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So much money is fun ... He’s already so old ... He doesn’t need them ...

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Doyle Brunson, a legend, one of the greatest in poker history

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one really seen black friday coming in the poker world, but damn that's a lot of money to turn down. He and his partners could have just made another poker room.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, i didn't knew about it, i really like his book and his biography he is really fantastik player!

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would be a hard one to swallow for sure. Damn lol