Doyle Brunson declined the deal for $ 230,000,000

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think anybody saw black friday coming - if he sold it for 230m and it was worth a couple billion today he'd be kicking himself just as much.

I always felt bad about how everything went down with Doyle's Room; he seems like the kind of guy to put personal pride in something with his name on it.

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah one of thos missed chances...
But I guess he made enough money for a lifetime.

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, if regret would kill. our 230 million is a lot of money, I think even I'm going to have a nightmare for him now sauhashuasuhuhas

C

cypherpup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with anything done online that deal came with a lot of risk and thankfully he saw the risk and bowed out. When you are looking at doing things online ESPECIALLY when it involves large amounts of money you have to seriously consider the risk vs ROI. Could he have made a lot of money? Absolutely. However how much money would he have lost in investment if he had taken the deal. In my book this was a very savvy "fold" to use poker terms.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson is a living poker legend, the owner of ten gold bracelets in the WSOP and two-time World Series champion (1976 and1977). He became one of the famous poker players who was admitted to the Poker Hall of Fame. In the gaming community received the name "Texas Dolly", but now he is respectfully called the "godfather" of gambling. Despite the fact that the peak of his poker activity is over, he continues to warm up the public's interest with stories about his career. So, the other day Doyle Brunson posted on Twitter a post about a $ 230,000,000 disastrous transaction.

Ten years ago, the poker player refused a major offer for $ 230,000,000 for an online room that was named after him - DoylesRoom.com. According to Branson, he and his partners abandoned the deal, deciding that the price of the site is much higher than the proposed price. However, after the Law on Responsibility for Illegal Internet Gambling (UIGEA) in 2006, the online room stopped making profits. In 2011, after Black Friday, which also hit Brunson's pocket, he and his partners sold the site for an unknown sum.

On his Twitter page, Doyle Brunson wrote that he "still has nightmares" because of a missed chance to make good money.

Take the money. jeez

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any case, a great legend. Money is not always the most important thing ...

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson is a living poker legend, the owner of ten gold bracelets in the WSOP and two-time World Series champion (1976 and1977). He became one of the famous poker players who was admitted to the Poker Hall of Fame. In the gaming community received the name "Texas Dolly", but now he is respectfully called the "godfather" of gambling. Despite the fact that the peak of his poker activity is over, he continues to warm up the public's interest with stories about his career. So, the other day Doyle Brunson posted on Twitter a post about a $ 230,000,000 disastrous transaction.

Ten years ago, the poker player refused a major offer for $ 230,000,000 for an online room that was named after him - DoylesRoom.com. According to Branson, he and his partners abandoned the deal, deciding that the price of the site is much higher than the proposed price. However, after the Law on Responsibility for Illegal Internet Gambling (UIGEA) in 2006, the online room stopped making profits. In 2011, after Black Friday, which also hit Brunson's pocket, he and his partners sold the site for an unknown sum.

On his Twitter page, Doyle Brunson wrote that he "still has nightmares" because of a missed chance to make good money.

Alright now we talk about astronomical amounts. Of course i can understand why he declined this unreal offer, its because ,when you have an online buisness like Brunson's you are so optimistik about the future of your buissnes that you cannot see the traps that future has for you..He should have thought about it better...

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How could he refuse so much money? It is a chance of life that many dreams of for sure. It's just money, but how much plesaure they give :-D

O

Ocanadarebel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It really surprises me that the King of the Read and the King of the Bold Play could not read or decide to be bold, despite his obvious instincts in poker.....which usually translate in life. I don't suggest one stays up all hours of the evening though, if they are going to have a lasting and productive love relationship....haha:)

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that's a sad bad beat ...DOYLE !!!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s the biggest bad beat of his poker career. That definitely would sting. I read a similar story about Daniel N. He was offered millions for full contact and the deal was being ironed out. Before the deal finalized Black Friday occurred and so did the deal. Ouch.