Is Daniel right or wrong?

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is an arrogant condescending jerk personally, I am not saying he is wrong if he's talking about whats good "for" poker. Most of what he says tips and comments are done so with the objective to create more bad players for regs to feed on. This is just my opinion.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The thing which perplexes me at this point is why anyone takes what Daniel Negreanu has to say, seriously. He's a troll and when it backfires he acts like a snowflake. Quite Trumpian.

Of course he is so lacking in self-awareness that irony is lost on him.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
still trying to regain attention in this way, in poker already shows the wrong game and thinks up how to attract attention

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! Can to be agree with Daniel Negreanu, or not...
But this is only his opinion! That's all! But if to look on the other successful players,
that they the all came by own success the different paths, and this is confirms an one more
time, that in Poker (as and in Life) can't to be the universal advices, because we, people,
are absolutely different, and this is means only one: that fits for one, for another is reverse no...
Therefore, by my opinion, conclusion next: Everyone need to search the own path by success! :captain:
And therefore I can only to wish Everyone Good Luck! :)

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's mostly right but I disagree about the"quiet player" being bad for poker. I am a quiet player and don't chit chat much in live games as I find it only to be distracting to whoever is in the hand. Also I take my time on certain plays where I'm deciding to call or fold to a big bet. There's a lot that goes through my mind in these situations. :cool:

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The offence and victimology culture is a real nightmare. Imagine living in a world that is so safe and reasonable that internet "influencers can spoil your day.

Do yourself a favour and do some hard graft for a week or 2, chimney sweep something like that, then see how offended you are by online nothingness.

The reality is people WANT to be offended so they can justify becoming hateful, they just needed an excuse. I know this myself!!

P

Pepepep10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone has the right to express an opinion arrogant or not, famous or not, like always he speaks his mind, whilst I don't agree with all his opinions.... I like em

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hear the voice of experience. The most experienced people are right!

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is right if I am understanding him correctly. He is not saying what is best for a person but he is saying what is best for the advancement and growth of the game. If someone who never saw poker being played before walked up to a table of nine people that never said a word to each other, never smiled, all played tight with no real action hands, then what would that newbie to the poker game think? He/She would see the game as boring and mind numbing.

If instead the new person walked up to a table and saw smiling people looking to be having fun, hearing table banter back and forth with many bets, calls, and raises they would see an exciting game.

I fit none (except the losing money lol) of Daniel's traits that are good for poker so I will challenge his thoughts in this way. In his eyes then, online poker is terrible for the game because no one is talking to one another, and no one is probably sitting there smiling at their screen. However, online poker in my opinion has done more to spread the game to new people than anything else. It continues to grow the game and make it accessible to almost all with it being available in your own house and very low buy ins and all skill levels.

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Daniel is always right esp at card reading :D

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
THIS!!! Spent 2 months thinking 'bout 50 posts. :D

Yeah you are not kidding. I would prefer to listen than talk. Sometimes it takes me more than3 hours to have something to write just to keep my post count up to remain a freeroll member. Introverts are not bad people.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
such people are called showman. i think it's hype

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a good player.....but because of this doesn t means he is right all the time.........is human....like all of us..........but is a great player.......he proved manny times.....

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to live poker and TV broadcast, Daniel is right. Nobody wants to watch quiet boring robots. The game should be pleasant, sociable, cheerful. If someone likes silence, think for a long time and have a covered face, let them play online.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with everything Daniel said, but only if we change "good/bad for poker" with "liked/disliked at the poker table".

C

Chibude4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to live poker and TV broadcast, Daniel is right. Nobody wants to watch quiet boring robots. The game should be pleasant, sociable, cheerful. If someone likes silence, think for a long time and have a covered face, let them play online.

I also think that Daniel Negreanu is right, because amateur players are attracted by a game with great action. When everyone makes decisions like robots it's very boring.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do not have the same oppition than Daniel.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is totally wrong, but it may be some of his features.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A polarizing figure like Daniel Negreanu knows that when he opens his mouth, critics will be there ready to argue. So, Daniel tweeted characteristics of a poker player who is good and bad for poker, and some felt his comments were “arrogant” and out of line. What is your opinion of Daniel's list?

Daniel Negreanu Shares Five Things That Make a Player ‘Good’ and ‘Bad’ for Poker

Thank you for the post. It's definitely within D.N. right to share a poker opinion with the world. It is also well within our right to criticize whatever he feels to share. I respect his opinion but I don't believe poker is as black and white as he suggests here. There is and never will be a specific mold to make a Good or bad player. If you look at a poker table and analyze your opponents without putting hands in against them then that's a huge mistake. Don't judge a book by its cover is an over used and even cliche saying but it fits well here.

Good Luck To All:cool:

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think he is right, not at the top but very well

Tox1cel

Tox1cel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is my favorit player, he is a good player and he's got experience. Respect Daniel!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu expressed his point of view. It is correct to talk about the professional qualities of the player, and not to switch to personal ones. Most likely, an emotional inadequacy at the table will be unpleasant, trying to insult or humiliate others with your statements. And from his words it turns out that the winner of the game receives the status of a bad player.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu, is my Fav. player! I'll quote from KidRock "it's not bragging if you can back it up"!
Daniel will be just fine.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Daniel Negreanu is a very good intelligent person in poker. I like playing poker. Respect for him and for everything he does.