Is Daniel right or wrong?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has every right to express his opinion. Why anyone cares is beyond me. If he loses sponsors he’ll learn not to say things like this but if not again why would he care who he offends. He’ll just get a huge reaction from fish who will just throw their money at him trying to crack him

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

The statement and the answer to the question is he right,are both matters of opinion i feel.Maybe he was in the mood for an off the cuff tweet to see how people chewed and digested it hehe...hehe.:D Seems to me the reality is much like the dinner table lol,some people you could talk to and listen to all night,others you just pray they dont speak and eat fast.:beerglass

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to get media. He seems a nice guy thought.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a post about this story I found absurd comments both to define bad players how to define good players !!!!!!!

I think Daniel Negreanu is such a smart person that I am surprised that someone so important is able to label personalities to success or failure that is at least something that undoes the human being
It’s okay to approach that rude players make the environment uncomfortable but lets you comment on what personalities and reasoning of each are secrets of success or failure in poker is a very gross rudeness to the profile of each human being.
Daniel I admire and respect but we need to measure words Poker is democratic and no matter your psychological profile to succeed just exercise and strengthen your strengths and avoid your weaknesses.
In my opinion the bad poker player is only one who is not humble to learn and does not know how to lose simple and only that !!!!

:jd4:mateuspoker

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is only one definition of a good poker player in my concept. He should not lose. He has to win. Everything else is not so important. People by nature can not be all talkative and sociable.So he is wrong.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEWs

The surprising news of daniel's wedding is something that came to us suddenly because by the level he is in maybe he was going to continue like the unstoppable machine that is known but apparently to have an orderly life he will have a pause hopefully establish your family circle well

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a player himself, I think it's quite pretentious and quite unethical of him to judge his fellow players like he were above them.

J

jenia stars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Negrean's right.There are good players and there are bad ones.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Being sociable gives away information to players like Daniel Negreanu so of course he wants players to open up so he can exploit them. That is why you always see him chatting to those at his table.
He can then read their reactions when it matters.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he was being malicious, but I bet he wishes he could re-state some of what he said.

F

fortescue1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and No

A polarizing figure like Daniel Negreanu knows that when he opens his mouth, critics will be there ready to argue. So, Daniel tweeted characteristics of a poker player who is good and bad for poker, and some felt his comments were “arrogant” and out of line. What is your opinion of Daniel's list?

Daniel Negreanu Shares Five Things That Make a Player ‘Good’ and ‘Bad’ for Poker
Hater (Complainer/Negative)This is pretty much correct in any card game, and life in general . Lose Money, yes if you wanna win you gotta lose some money to gain some money, just like in life and business you must fail many times to be really good at something . Friendly/Engaging , Yes it´s a good way to read other players . They open up and give you tells. Generous/Give Action, Yes and no . Action is always good for the game but dont be the action. always. Act Quickly, is good in some part of the game but not in the start of the tournament when you dont know other players . Quiet (Also Miserable), No and yes. When youre feeling miserable it´s a bad idea to play poker. Quiet , doesn't make you a bad player. Nit (Cheap/Selfish), No many successful people are Cheap. In poker you must be selfish or you stay to be just a fish. Slow, yes and no depens the situation . If you are short stacked and the next ladder ( payout ) is big , you might slow down a little. No if you are runnig deep and there's tight players on the table. Winner, no because if you don't belive that you can win you probably never win.

F

fortescue1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I don't think he was being malicious, but I bet he wishes he could re-state some of what he said.
Yes i think so too . Daniel is so "adhd" that many people get him wrong .

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmmm I always Thought very highly of Daniel Negreanu but this evening I'm pretty gutted to see him Tweet the attached Image...

I Don't Have No where near the money to sit and have lunch with him lol... If i did I'd take him to a soup kitchen...

Playing with your fans in that way is awful... Karma eh!

Attachments

• Realkidpoker.jpg
    Realkidpoker.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 56
ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think quiet introverted people are less nice than outgoing people nor are they bad for the game--in fact sometimes I wish some of the blabbers would just shut up. But us introverts have a tough time getting enough quality posts on cardschat to become freeroll members because we never have much to say.

THIS!!! Spent 2 months thinking 'bout 50 posts. :D

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me personally i feel that everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it and have ther right to express it when and wherever they want. There is no wrong here thats how he feels a winning poker player should act doesnt mean i have to feel the same way as he does. People are so insensitive to others opinions and always want to say this or that isnt right to say well i feel that people need to check their feelings and im a slow ass poker player especially if i was ever at a table with daniel negreanu cause i know it would get to him i would wait till the last second on every time it was my turn to act. He really just exposed 5 wwekness thzt could be manipulated at the table so i say thank you

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Negreanu, with his game, fully deserved the right to his own opinion in poker. And those who believe, who consider his statements too arrogant and not true, let them try to prove the opposite.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Negriana’s statements do not offend anyone, then he can talk about poker and players whatever he wants. This is his bonus for achievements in poker. First you need to reach his level and then comment on his words. I have not yet reached this opportunity. So I will not say anything. Maybe later.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect Daniel. But he has enough experience to understand that there is all kind of poker players. I know his talking from hiw own perspective but that is what it makes this game fun and interesting as well. Playing the man.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel's comments

Just a thought Daniel, 6 Million for lunch...is that Canadian or US funds, lol

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that pn is a legend of poker and he deserves to be respected.

B2199707

B2199707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has there one opinion on certain things no one has the right to judge