DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
@DS3
Daniel Negreanu signed a multi-year deal with GGPoker in 2019, which was more lucrative than his previous deal with PokerStars, making him the best-paid poker ambassador.
The most famous poker player on the planet with the biggest poker room on the planet nowadays, seems good for both.
Regarding his wealth, the richest people don't brag about their money and I respect him for that, he doesn't need ten cars and a mansion ? He's simple.
When you talk about lifestyle, you expect him to live like Lil Pump ? He's 47 mate. 😂
Did I say or imply that he wasn't the best paid poker ambassador?

It makes zero sense to generalize about what rich people do or don't do with their wealth. But the fact is you yourself underline that he is the best paid ambassador at the world biggest poker site - if he was truly independently wealthy to the tune of $60 million plus why would he need the position if he's just a simple guy? I understand many like to fanboy, but there is zero evidence Negreanu is worth what you stated - unless that is you can somehow provide some details (which as far as I am aware don't exist).

I'll just underscore with most matters I discuss here I am fairly confident I am on point with my posts, the information correct. If I do not have personal knowledge or facts at hand, I don't comment. If you are going to rebuff, then at least come armed with facts rather than vague ideas as you did when posing Bryn Kenney was an unlikely cheater.

Nobody has claimed Negreanu is not one of the more successful players in the world so there is no reason for the butt hurt.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Daniel Negreanu's response to the Pokernews's Video 😂
Yup, and that is at best this is only a sort of fair point.

Not every player who loses a point smashes his racket, tosses his helmet ...or throws his vlogging equipment at the wall at the wsop. Of all the tens of thousands playing this year, Negreanu is the only player so far reported as smashing his equipment as far as I know - all though of course we can expect Helmuth to throw a few tantrums in the coming days.

That speaks to something.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Yup, and that is at best this is only a sort of fair point.

Not every player who loses a point smashes his racket, tosses his helmet ...or throws his vlogging equipment at the wall at the WSOP. Of all the tens of thousands playing this year, Negreanu is the only player so far reported as smashing his equipment as far as I know - all though of course we can expect Helmuth to throw a few tantrums in the coming days.

That speaks to something.
Well, Hellmuth cashed in nearly every tournament he played.
I don't think so 😂

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Did I say or imply that he wasn't the best paid poker ambassador?

It makes zero sense to generalize about what rich people do or don't do with their wealth. But the fact is you yourself underline that he is the best paid ambassador at the world biggest poker site - if he was truly independently wealthy to the tune of $60 million plus why would he need the position if he's just a simple guy? I understand many like to fanboy, but there is zero evidence Negreanu is worth what you stated - unless that is you can somehow provide some details (which as far as I am aware don't exist).

I'll just underscore with most matters I discuss here I am fairly confident I am on point with my posts, the information correct. If I do not have personal knowledge or facts at hand, I don't comment. If you are going to rebuff, then at least come armed with facts rather than vague ideas as you did when posing Bryn Kenney was an unlikely cheater.

Nobody has claimed Negreanu is not one of the more successful players in the world so there is no reason for the butt hurt.
What I want to tell you, if he's the only paying for his buy-ins, there's no way he's spending millions if he doesn't have millions, I will not feel comfortable spending 1-3~ millions on poker not having tens of millions in the bank, common sense 😂
That's just it mate.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Daniel is Daniel, he wants to entertain and playing high stake poker at the same time, not always the best combination.

This could be his worst WSOP to date, if he continue losing. Normally he is fighting for POY , but he is not even mentioned. Of course all could change if he does well in the main event, but there are not that many big events left.

Regarding how much he is worth, of course his deal with GG poker is lucrative, and I am sure he will get a few million dollars out of that deal, so losing 1 million here is not the worst thing in his life. He will recover for sure.
I also believe he has staked a few players so he could get something back there.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He lose on poker one milion and probably made 5 from advertising haha. Money are just numbers guys. Cheers

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
If Daniel Negreanu wants I can give him $10.00 to help his bankroll.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Very funny I think Daniel is not as Passionate and hungry like he use to be but if you want to donate the $10 I will take it

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair i watched him for years and i think this year is most unlucky year ever for him , he lost a lot of coin flips and i mean a lot but also he made some questionable plays that left him down a chunk this year 1 million dollars is a lot , but in hindsight of his wealth i think he's fin , people say he only won 60 millions in tournaments but don't forget he won more money in cash games and sponsoring deals that made him millions, so he has more than 100 million in winnings

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't forget the 1Million+ he is down to Polk. But something I haven't seen mentioned yet is that Negreanu's poker losses are at least a tax write off :p

I'm not too interested in how much money he has but I would be interested to know how much these sponsorship deals are worth and if they cover certain tournaments and what obligations these players have (If any) in playing a certain amount of tournaments etc..

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What I want to tell you, if he's the only paying for his buy-ins, there's no way he's spending millions if he doesn't have millions, I will not feel comfortable spending 1-3~ millions on poker not having tens of millions in the bank, common sense 😂
That's just it mate.
First (yet again) I already said I am sure he has millions in the bank.

What I am not sure about is if he has tens of millions in the bank and neither are you. Let alone the fact that he is worth $60 million plus or as someone now blithely claimed (these conversations always get more ridiculous in passing) he has over $100 million - based on what exactly? In this case the poster mentions cash games but apart from televised ones Negreanu is not known for competing in cash games like other high rollers do week in and out. Negreanu is not a regular at Bobby's Room etc. nor is he known to ever play home games with high net worth individuals such as Alex Keating does (or Helmuth but then we all know he nits it up when playing in such games). Nor does anyone ever mention the fact that a multi million dollar sponsorship deal comes with hefty federal tax rate of 37% as do large prize earnings (I honestly think all such conversation are this shallow).

Feel free to correct me on any of this with facts.

From what anyone can gauge (as opposed to plucking something out of the air) Negreanu likely gets a multi-million dollar deal per year from GG Poker as he did with pokerstars, although that sum is never revealed. His big outlay is the WSOP each year with some amount of televised appearances. Outside of that there are stretches he barely plays. So his total buy-ins over the course of a year likely seldom amounting to more than 4 to 5 million dollars a year and he of course expects to make back a good amount of that. Negreanu is one of the only players who somewhat regularly releases his profit and losses and he admits there are years where he is not making a profit- none of this is 'my opinion'. In fact he is someone who has discussed countless times he believes many of the high rollers are in negative territory for much of the time.

I would pose an approximation of Negreanu's finances would find his buy-in outlays over the course of a year approximate what is he earning in terms of sponsorships. If he has a solid year in terms of prize money then that would put him ahead by a few million. He himself has explained, he can have a run of years making losses and then break even with one huge score -but there ain't a One Drop to bag each year and Negreanu doesn't play at nosebleed levels (with any regularity) and has never once as far as I am aware played a Triton Series, for example,

I can only estimate what Negreanu is actually worth but believe the figure is a lot more down to earth than most people think. My guess would be his net worth is not even half of what you declared it to be. Which by the by, still makes him a prosperous guy. In the best years, I am sure he tucks away a few million here and there and that amounts to a solid sum. But plucking 60 million out of the air just does not add up - unless, as I already noted, you come armed with facts to convince me otherwise.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can't imagine watching a Daniel Vlog... or a Daniel anything for that matter.
Guy does a few push-ups, tells the world about it. Goes from a 98lb. weakling to a 120lb. pencilneck & talks about his special diet & training while streaming on Twitch.... with the only poker talk being complaining about bad beats... that honestly were just totally standard spots & for any online grinder at any stakes, it is just completely normal stuff.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I can't imagine watching a Daniel Vlog... or a Daniel anything for that matter.
Guy does a few push-ups, tells the world about it. Goes from a 98lb. weakling to a 120lb. pencilneck & talks about his special diet & training while streaming on Twitch.... with the only poker talk being complaining about bad beats... that honestly were just totally standard spots & for any online grinder at any stakes, it is just completely normal stuff.
well, he's canadian and a vegetarian and a poker player.
What did you expect honestly? :ROFLMAO:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't forget the 1Million+ he is down to Polk. But something I haven't seen mentioned yet is that Negreanu's poker losses are at least a tax write off :p

I'm not too interested in how much money he has but I would be interested to know how much these sponsorship deals are worth and if they cover certain tournaments and what obligations these players have (If any) in playing a certain amount of tournaments etc..
This.

I have said many times before, how the amounts of such sponsorship deals are kept so secret amazes me. But as far as I am aware, no one (who you could trust) has ever been open about what they earn or how they get covered for 'x' amount of buy-ins.

The only disclosures that ever get made are when the likes of PokerStars give a Finton Hand or Parket Talbot 10K to blow through on a bunch of Spins to make promotional content. Then occasionally during a series Lex Veldhuis has noted that PokerStars have also gifted him the buy in for say a 10K.

Outside of that, no idea what the average sponsored player makes (though I can't imagine but for a few it is that high) or how much they get covered for online buy-ins let alone live buy-ins.

Matt Staples for instance recently went to Barcelona to play in the party poker event (his and his brother Jamie's sponsor) and I am fairly sure that was a paid for gig as he was entered into some celebrity events when there. However, Matt is one of the only players who posts his bankroll, along with his buy-ins against winnings for every session. Matt had got his bankroll to just over 300K last year but has then been on a downswing this year and it has dropped to just over 260K. Though none of this is earth shattering from one perspective, it has been painful to watch and it really has knocked Matt for six of late where he is open that recently things have been a depressing grind at times. He built from zero, and is only playing medium stakes with his bankroll essentially comprised of two big scores. Which also indicates to me that even though he is one of Party Poker's best known streaming ambassadors, I don't get the impression his sponsorship deal is anywhere near lucrative to the point he is unconcerned about his actual poker earnings.

I am sure Daniel Negreanu is paid substantially more than anyone else and there aren't any close seconds. I would imagine GG Poker throws a handsome sum at the likes of Fedor Holz to get him on board as an ambassador. Outside of that I would think that most sponsored players are not receiving more than a nice supplemental income but it is not relied on as their income (in terms of covering all expenses).

Obviously the most interesting reveal (fat chance) would be Negreanu's deal with GG.

That said, I have had a sneaking suspicion over the last couple of years that Negreanu has had a deal with another entity which they both prefer to keep quiet. Just a hunch, But Negreanu aggressively campaigns on behalf of his sponsor (which is why I believe the deal is somewhat crucial to his financial well being) and what I noticed is that he has also promoted another entity in an indirect and yet obvious (to me) manner. It could comprise of a 'you scratch my back I'll scratch yours' unofficial deal, but if am correct it would amount to something of note. I also have reason to think that this is fine with GG as long as the matter is kept discreet. After all Negreanu is decked with GG badges at all times.

Not trying to be cryptic here. I have actually waited for someone here or that 'other' forum to raise the matter but apart from the odd allusion to an obvious sympathetic relationship, a few of us know we are only speculating at this point.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, he loses and loses, I don't see any problem or anything surprising in this, if my neighbor Uncle Vanya from the next entrance had lost, I would have been worried, but since he has a lot of money and let others win too, he doesn't have to win, but he is a great poker player and understands everything in the game, but he should understand that these are cards and it's not worth breaking phones, he has won many times from others exactly the same way, but no one broke the phone

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
'If I'm ten times correct about something, people generally laud me as a genius. But I err just once and people regard me as a hack.'

-Albert Einstein-

Negreanu understands this game and the incredible variance, which is a steady companion of a high-roller lifestyle, more thoroughly than most of us ... he lost a million? I would tie a large rock around my neck and jump from a bridge, but he sees the larger picture and possesses nerves of steel. Every seasoned player is able to keep their chin up after a bad streak and Daniel isn't one who allows such times to affect his self-confidence. I feel sorry for his losses, but again: That's simply Poker.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Linked below is CardsChat's article on the most recent table actions of Daniel Negreanu at the WSOP.

Daniel Negreanu Smashes Camera After High-Roller Bad Beat

Interesting take on the incident. I agree with Justin Bonomo, his first poll and then going further with the second, safe environment take - though obvious that would elicit a collective groan from the manly-men contingent.

I do not agree with Patrick ‘Pads’ Leonard comment on how it was ‘refreshing’. First (just me) kind of a suck up. However, some perspective. So I’ll switch to Alex Foxen, as he just won the Super High Roller and made a salient point. In the post-win interview he thanked his close support and then made a point of thanking his now wife, Kristen Bicknell for keeping him grounded. Amongst the things he said “...to help me get through difficult times because I am definitely not immune to tilt and emotion…”

Yup, as all of us. Except I don’t recall ever seeing Foxen throw a tantrum. But, if he ever does then a one- off explosive outburst would be ‘refreshing’ and one which everyone could sympathize with. Note, one-off being the operative term.

The problem being over the last three years with his guard down after leaving PokerStars, a distinctly bad tempered side of Negreanu was revealed, especially online with repeated nasty rants to the point he was banned from Twitch for a spell due to his threatening comments. Further at the WSOP last year and this at the table he uses the F bomb incessantly and at times makes such comments at other players in a joking/not joking manner but then laughs it off as he knows full well it is out of order. He has also slammed chips and cards onto the table in reaction to a beat several times already this series.

So for someone such as myself he comes across as a bore because the behavior is regular to the point of predictable. I will admit I was glued to the online series he played from mexico in 2020 because it was like watching a train wreck with outbursts virtually every session.

If Negreanu had kept his public persona intact and maintained nothing but a pleasant disposition but was then confronted with that scenario and lost it, fair enough, we could all exclaim it ‘refreshing’. But this is the Negreanu of recent times, up and down like a yo-yo – and all a bit manic.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Camera manufacturers will make an advertisement out of it.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So sad, Even the best players lose millions...

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is a poker icon, always liked him but he seems a bit jaded as he has aged.
He is one of the few that has changed his style/game to match the latest trends and that's an amazing feat, he's a good player and hope him the best at the tables

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
hmm yes it seems so :), unfortunately he is not very lucky this year; I watched his vlogs and ,, oo man ,, what rivers ... pfff...I hope to recover in the end :) ... GOOO DANIEL

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Again Daniel is not behaving any different than for the last 3-4 years. I enjoy his Youtube videos, even if he is a million down he can handle it , too much hate out there, stalkers and everything else that comes with being famous. He will not make a profit this WSOP, but he did cash yesterday, and I am sure he will cash in a few more.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
He is old and busted. 20 years past his prime. He should have retired 10 years ago.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were Daniel I would buy a little remote island in paradise country and never look back.

WSOP