Artificial Intelligence Libratus vs Human Poker Players

B507

B507

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Future is so close..

..Clearly the machine has the advantage of remembering every hand..
However creativity has never been fully achieved..

Well done - `Chemist` !
Beautifully told and explained everything - by you.
About `AI win` : yeah, nothing new there. Especially if we take into account the fact that after the end of the each one regular session of the men fled to eat, sleep, play, have fun & etc.
But in that time - mighty one `Libratus` has no sleep, not knowing rest and respite.. He continued to work hard and to analyze, consider and think, look for the best solutions. And as the result - in the 2nd part of the confrontation takes the lead, usually after the `Turn` street.
Very good one article : `How a poker-playing AI is learning to negotiate better than any human` by Dave Gersggorn, just take a look
https://qz.com/907896/how-poker-playing-ai-libratus-is-learning-to-negotiate-better-than-any-human/
After all of that - only one you can think: .. just welcome to the nearest future !

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i guess AI bots are making more money than humans, but why pokerstars or other rooms wont ban AI bots? thats really destroying their reputation

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess AI bots are making more money than humans, but why POkerstars or other rooms wont ban AI bots? thats really destroying their reputation

Well it will be really hard to tell if some1 is using 3rd party,the bot maybe using graphics to interact and also pokerstars need to make anti bot system.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All players should be made aware of which players are bots. Under that scenario, the bots are not likely to win.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if there will be no change, soon there will be no humans playing poker online, AI will dominate and take all market cap of online gambling, newbies will give them all money and every human player

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should be emphasized that this is the FIRST time AI performed so well (won) against the pros.

It should be understood that there is no turning back from this, only forward. Meaning, that we can expect poker bots in online poker gradually.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
nice article and the machine have more advantage for me.

MarceloMC

MarceloMC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that it is no way back rote as the system will become better and better with more time and technology and with more hands studied in the system but it will take some time yet to get the bots with this level of capacity of this last system being used in the poker rooms as it was a very expensive and experimental system developed in a university just to test the AI against poker pros like they did in the past with chess, etc!

Besides that this recent version of AI system got good results only after a long time playing against the Pros so that for Turbo tounaments they will not be so good but more for long blind structures and deep tournaments!

It should be emphasized that this is the FIRST time AI performed so well (won) against the pros.

It should be understood that there is no turning back from this, only forward. Meaning, that we can expect poker bots in online poker gradually.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We'll calculated decisions are best suited for calculators. I'm not to surprised the human element is where errors come from

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it seems unfair that the Carnegie Mellon researchers may have altered the machine between rounds, consider that the human players also used every tactic at their disposal.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
good article, the future of online poker

P

PokerArt9791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After your story, I can hardly imagine a poker career. Mean in the near future we should not play online poker. Maybe this is good. After all, people will start to play live.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it becomes a linear game, only bets based on statistics leaving aside the instinct of the player. I would not believe a robot would try to bluff if the odds are too small.

A

Adam9044

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The computer scientist who designed Libratus, the AI bot which comfortably beat four of the best heads-up NLHE players in the world last month, has claimed that with some minor improvements he expects that Libratus should be able to beat humans at six-max NLHE within two years. Full article read on the Internet.

Oh man that's crazy if true, heads up is one thing but if there's a bot that can easily beat full tables of skilled players then we are in trouble

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The creation of bots ,poker will ruin

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that humans will beat a machine cause there too many variables in poker

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that humans will beat a machine cause there too many variables in poker

I disagree with you! To err is human, and Artificial Intelligence takes mathematically correct decisions and win the race.

K

Knightdyce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
inb4 bots take over the poker rooms, and poker is still banned in my state. (Aliens have landed but I cannot fly.)

M

mavin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They should publish the names, and the leaks it exposed.

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So other than not chatting and playing really fast, Amy obvious tells that they are a bot? Also, can't bots still be beaten?

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's something really interesting and I would love to see an artificial game system and see in the way that it is able to develop its game. Although I think you should not miss the adrenaline and passion of humans, feelings that only people can feel spontaneously. Regards!

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Humanity has always approached cognition through the rule metaphor of the day. The ancients thought about the mind in terms of humors. Early Modern christians, like Rene Descartes, saw our mind as something intangible, probably to do with God. In the Industrial Age we saw the brain finally becoming a machine. First, a kind of steam engine; then a telephone exchange; and finally a computer (or network of them).

Poker Tells