Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
robot will not win Human at poker table
because good player - I mean good player
have hud , they know how to avoid sharks

so.. if there is an AI...after 1000+ hands, good player will refuse to sitting with AI.
so how AI will beat them? LOL

poker is not like Chess, when game start, you have no way to quit until game finished, but poker even a session start with one hand, I still can sitting out and go.

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would mean the end of HONEST online poker.To identify the strongest player and so are used in live tournaments.Soon online poker will be only those who want to be deceived...

G

Gaai1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AI just won a poker tournament against professional players

I found this interesting article about an AI winning a poker tournament against professional players. Since I studied AI at a university here in the netherlands and love playing poker it's really nice seeing these two meet.
I find it especially interesting that the AI not (only) uses some kind of data-mining with bilions of hands to make the best play but actually uses it's learning abilities to change tactics and strategy based on how his opponents are playing. It could find weaknesses in their games. Ofcourse computers beat us at calculations of probalities and statistics, but this AI performance lays outside that area.
Has anyone heard more about this AI or this event? I'm missing some details like which players were playing, who played best against each other and the AI, as well as what where the stakes.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
wow AI won against some pros.

G

Gaai1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't be to worried about this. There are only a few super computers out there, and you definitely need a super computer to 'crush professional poker players'. I do think that profitable bots can be made, mainly because of the huge amount of bad (exploitable) players playing at the lower stakes.
Interesting development though.

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now these bots car computers are very strong steel-can easily beat a person at a distance, even a bluff are good at playing poker.

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sensing some denial here...

G

Gabriel Pantoja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry... but what is it a AI?

M

MikeMike109

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And this is scary future of online poker

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Libratus was a tough bot and I am surprised the humans couldn't beat it. You saw a lot of weird betting that you wouldn't see a human make and thats what caused them to lose almsot every day. I feel like the way to play this bot was to try to make the nuts and make the crazy overbets. And fold marginal hands. But easier said then done as I am jusr watching on twitch and these guys are playing 10 hours every day lol

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested I'll be watching this event. Could a machine play holdem?

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many bots at most sites in fact they are welcomed , go figure says Playful

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time will come for the cars and people will be unnecessary on this planet.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker players are unlikely to want to play in the poker room where there are bots. Bots will become better, to play against them will be more difficult, resulting in lower profits for all players. This moment has not yet arrived, but the threat is clearly present. Bots - a harsh reality.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm rooting for the machine, because the man is terribly misleading, did the machine learn to bluff, I do not think poker is just calculations.

B

Banderasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly its just the future. Bots with huge bankroll will be killers of the online poker.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hated to read that. AI has taken over chess, and this might signal the end of online poker. Once the software gets cheap enough, the cheaters will make a killing.

Valentin Vorobev

Valentin Vorobev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think soon the time will come when people will buy software that will generate profits in poker :) someone bigger and more expensive the program and earn more :)

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The computer scientist who designed Libratus, the AI bot which comfortably beat four of the best heads-up NLHE players in the world last month, has claimed that with some minor improvements he expects that Libratus should be able to beat humans at six-max NLHE within two years. Full article read on the Internet.

Attachments

• ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 46
I

ilyapurpur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In any case, artificial intelligence would win. Skynet: D

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry... but what is it a AI?

Artificial Intelligence.
Computer software which gathers and analyses data and uses databases and algorithms to compute actions which are aimed at achieving the best 'probability' outcomes.
The more advanced versions apparently 'learn' from previous experience, which really means adding to the database. And adding randomness to overcome their own predictability if they always followed the same rules.
The overall idea is to try and replicate human intelligence with a machine.

Clearly the machine has the advantage of remembering every hand, and every player and all the stats, and being able to calculate accurate probabilities.
However creativity has never been fully achieved. For instance despite knowing all the rules of music and every piece ever composed, machines still can't create acceptable music, or write a new novel.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you guys imagine just how expensive that software is? How much money can you get by just letting some computer playing the whole day, that is unbeliavable, it blew my mind when I first heard about it

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AI dont know what is emotion, after bad beat of after nice winning, and tilt! Without this factors affecting on our game its became more profitable!

M

Matthew Ueda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, if the software somehow public or for sale, it could destroy online poker as a whole. Even though there are bots currently they are pretty poorly made.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Wow, if the software somehow public or for sale, it could destroy online poker as a whole. Even though there are bots currently they are pretty poorly made.

Find in google - "Libratus AI", this is not a poorly made bot! But as far as i know just HU was tested

Poker Tells