Anyone see the 60 minutes on online poker cheating?

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I didnt see it but it sounds like it would have been interesting to watch.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOLitsnot a problem anymore? They caught one site in that show (I saw it when it originally aired). And people believe that the entire industry is void of further corruption? I got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if your interested ...

Equifax charged with securing US financial and credit info on its citizens was hacked and watched it take place for a few months before taking proper action allowing our data to bleed into the ether. If anyone should know what to do about a security breach, you would think a company charged with securing our data, would be well equipped to thwart threats. And they were caught with their pants down and made matters worse by doing almost no action for a few months but nobody went to jail for this.

Sorry, I play plenty of online poker but knowing if its rigged, a corrupt organization or a site trying to do good but gets hacked, is a site by site evaluation.
You can't make a blanket statement about the entire industry without recognizing that humans run things and humans are @ best susceptible to mistakes and at worst susceptible to corruption.

Last edited:
B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you just stick to the popular poker sites you probably wont encounter this. All the major sites are well secured which makes it impossible to cheat.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah didn't see the show butits the same software they run the show with.thats what we're up against.shocking stuff really yet we still donate hundreds of millions a year lol must be a fun pastime aye?haha.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would think that poker sites would be able to filter out accounts that have a larger than normal win percentage...most cheaters are greedy and would not be able to just win a few hands...I like most am always concerned about cheating...I choose to believe that cheaters will be caught

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't seen will look, I will unsubscribe about the impressions. Thank you for interesting information.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES there are many programs that do that . But in most cases , if u try to use them in sites (888poker , pokerstars...) , once u open the site , if the program is opened , it will be detected , in some cases u can be banned for using such programs. There are some programs authorized by the site (u can use them ) . But the majoority are refused to be used on sites . What I can advice you , is to learn how play poker , read , study , become a shark that s the best solution to win in poker

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven’t seen it but would like to, is there a link to rewatch?

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not see that 60 Minutes program but I have often wondered if people can cheat on line. My concern is tha that 2 players at my table are in cohoots and can gang up on any other single player at that table. Crooks are everywhere and can be up to anything.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This goes back to the Ultimate Bet scandal where there were superuser accounts that could see the hole cards. If I'm not mistaken it was determined that Russ Hamilton was the person behind the NeoNeo account that was found to have cheated.

tenaciousdc

tenaciousdc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not, but when I searched, all I found was a 60 minutes show from 2008. This is all I found on YT - but it is from 2008 also.

What was the gist of it?

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didnt see it

i heard theres some cheats that just give better odds. i never heard of the superuser thing

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
It is simple.If you don't win at poker and you feel there is something fishy about it, don't play. Your arm isn't being twisted, go find something else to do.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolute poekr and ultimate bet were found guilty of something like this they had players that were superusing and only betting on the winnings hands it's a great story to read i suggest everyone go take a look also im pretty sure i seen doug polk playing a game where he could see other cards take a look around you tube

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to beleave or not to beleave thats the qwestion

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its an ongoing battle that will never fully be won by either side. If there's money involved and its online there will always be someone looking to try to take advantage of people or businesses. I believe the piece being talked about here was years ago though during the AP/UB superuser scandal. I'm sure technology for cheating has made some significant advances since then.

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is an old thread, but I landed on it while looking for something else, and I started reading some of the comments. I have to say that I'm surprised to see how much faith people have in the competence and integrity of online poker rooms.

I've made two withdraws from Pokerstars and attempted to make a 3rd recently. No account information has changed, and I used the same method to the same account as the 2nd withdraw, yet suddenly (after sending a letter questioning Pokerstar's integrity) they need to verify my identity and want gov't picture ID plus a copy of a utility bill. This is a 10-year-old account with no incidences and previous withdraws without question, but now they're suddenly not sure I'm legitimate. The withdraw is for 1/3 of my original request that was completed without question.

They are such POS!