Anyone see the 60 minutes on online poker cheating?

R

ragemine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry if this wasn't mentioned, but, didn't the "superuser" scandal a few years back involve ex employees of certain sites? One can only hope that the online site they play at has really good security measures in place to notice this sickly behaviour.

charlie2013

charlie2013

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats wht make us annoying when we are playing...

C

Cam Shoesmith

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read an article about the owner of absolute poker cheating to get back overlay money lost from guaranteed tournaments..The money ran out and he went back to the U.S. to face charges. The big three 888 PS and PP are serious companies and know every trick in the book when it comes to cheating.

Are you suggestin that they do in fact cheat or that they prevent cheating

J

Jmckay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes sense. I've lost to some crazy crazy calls. They'd have to know ahead of time to win some of the wild calls they make.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youtube link or something for this?

would'nt mind watching this since I dont know much about it, especially why it died out in the states (something to do with black friday is all i know lol). Quick link to this plz and ty.

P

PokerDevin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing

Im amazed they let this happen after losing so many players over the years

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way that I could tell if it were true. I do better at live tables, but assume its just because of the random play online.

R

Reprise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here. I find the games much more tougher online.

X

Xredsox1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheating

From my experiences here's my take, online isn't "rigged" the problem a lot of people don't understand is online poker is about 4-5 times faster than a live table. A live table you see 30-40 hands per hour? Online you see about 150 because everything is so fast (don't have to count chips etc .) I don't know if that story is true but I'd like to believe it's not.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel that any site that uses fixed player icons and names is supporting player tracking by software outside our control. This is cheating. And a lot more prevalent than someone seeing your hole cards. Someone else studying your hand histories with the poker sites support and permission should be outlawed.

And would be if properly regulated. All of these huge repeat wins by the large players is not luck and skill alone. That RNG works against their pocket aces, too.

ignition Poker is the only site that keeps your ID random in every game using numbers assigned by them. And no other identifying icons or names. You cannot be followed forever this way. All sites should use this method.

As for seeing hole cards, not much chance without malware being installed on your computer. Or collusion by insiders at the site. Lot of reasons for security and site ownership to protect this from happening.

If you feel cheating is going on then STOP playing that site and have your money transferred back to you.

Most of these sites are still considered tilted towards pro players. One reason that tracking is so prevalent and resistance by the sites to stop it exists.

Best of luck.

God bless all.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw the play on poker stars play chips and lost another player he won the flush although he had no flash and it was a combination of 4 cards of the same suit.after winning, he immediately left the table

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is old news

What had happened was Absolute/ultimate bet was sold, the new owners didn't change software security codes, so Russ Hamilton bought the codes from the old owner and then Russ put together a team of people that had the super user accounts, potripper and neoneo etc.

At least that's how I remember it going down

These guys were playing the highest stakes ring games and tournie buy ins

Anyone not playing high stakes probably wouldn't have to worry about it, and anyone who has a super user account will eventually get caught because of greed, it's inevitable

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I missed that one
but I saw the one about the 11 inch footlongs
and the one about people who bring food into
movie theaters, and the one about people going 90mph
in a 65mph zone
So i'm not surprised online poker cheats. I know I get cheated
to the point where the math will never work out in a fair way on cheat on line poker
Maybe the govt is hooking us up for once by making it harder for us to play what is obvisously a rigged system, idk
All I know is I've got 99-JJ and they want me out, it ain't up to me.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wanted to learn to play against the Russians why the pokerstar of the privilege mistook them at the poker tables!

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe there is any 3-party software allowing to do that because the security questions have ultimate importance for any poker room. Though i'm aware of UltimateBet cheating scandal but that was a totally different case - seeing other players cards was built-in into their software.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that on the site of poker stars this is not possible. I read that all the programs that are not allowed by them are tracked and the players are blocked. The security service is seriously working on it.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With online betting gaining more popularity, I would hope these sites have already done something about these kinds of software.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't know any big winners playing online poker. I don't expect to win much, hate the random action of the players and question the algorithms used to deal. I play for "fun", which is rapidly fading.