***All Things Cryptocurrency***

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I think the blockchain technologies have evolved beyond the pumper/dumper stage and they are now entering a utility stage. There are several new applications that are utilizing the blockchain in novel ways to capitalize on its ability to store equity in non-fungible assets. I believe that those paying attention will do well by staying just ahead of the trends in these markets....Don't underestimate the blockchain technologies ---> they're changing the world!

absolutely wrong, an inert thing can't change the world, a human being can do it and if humans don't change, don't expect something good.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we are close to testing a new level in BTC. Hopefully it doesn't break $6.5K

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely wrong, an inert thing can't change the world, a human being can do it and if humans don't change, don't expect something good.

Inert? Have you been paying attention? Decentralized Autonomous Communities (DAC's) governed by Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO's) operating on turing complete blockchains are anything but inert....combine that with deep learning AI and it should scare the hell out of you! Maybe you're new to the tech....but it's already changing the world.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Inert? Have you been paying attention? Decentralized Autonomous Communities (DAC's) governed by Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO's) operating on turing complete blockchains are anything but inert....combine that with deep learning AI and it should scare the hell out of you! Maybe you're new to the tech....but it's already changing the world.

so the crypto was created by itself? oh my god, Bitcoin and all cryptos were created by HUMANS so to make this changes it was needed the human action. ah but ok Satoshi Nakamoto was an alien :D

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so the crypto was created by itself? oh my god, Bitcoin and all cryptos were created by HUMANS so to make this changes it was needed the human action. ah but ok Satoshi Nakamoto was an alien :D
actually satoshi nakamoto could be alien(s) :p, i mean he/she/they/it havent been identified to this day

31ea006a7d187a27329857cba5d454ad.png

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you are fool enough to ignore the utility of the blockchain technologies than you may be a little ignorant and it might behoove you to do a little research before blowing it it off. People are getting rich, they're innovating, they're changing the world. Don't let your ignorance get you left behind.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you are fool enough to ignore the utility of the blockchain technologies than you may be a little ignorant and it might behoove you to do a little research before blowing it it off. People are getting rich, they're innovating, they're changing the world. Don't let your ignorance get you left behind.

I don’t claim that blockchain technology is entirely useless, but your arguments about people getting rich and innovating would have applied equally well to the tulip mania of 1637.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t claim that blockchain technology is entirely useless, but your arguments about people getting rich and innovating would have applied equally well to the tulip mania of 1637.

or equally to stock market bubble

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

or equally to stock market bubble

Yes....I would agree if technologies such as Ethereum, and similar blockchains, weren't utilitarian. A smart contract can be coded that markets a product, collects accounts receivable, pays debits, and everything in between without the need for human intervention ---> completely autonomous self regulating contracts. These things have utility ---> real utility that is developing at the speed of imagination!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

the only ignorant are you in terms of markets, it's sad to hear you to talk about "bubbles" when actually you had no idea about it. it's all about market cycles the correction in BTC is absolutely normal and that happens in ALL MARKETS, the only difference is that crypo markets moves faster than traditional markets. correction of 70% or even 80% you can find it in the past in commodities like Crude Wti Oil. All that rise have to fall, the thnigs that have value are the ones that can have a bullish trend in the long term of at least 5 years and BTC have 9 years and still rising.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If people have been paying attention, they'd realize that the world is fully prepared to embrace the blockchain technologies because they provide solutions to a multitude of contemporary problems ---> banking solutions, voting solutions, copy writing solutions, market automations, information preservations, identification authentications....etc. Pay attention....do a little research.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I think the blockchain technologies have evolved beyond the pumper/dumper stage and they are now entering a utility stage. There are several new applications that are utilizing the blockchain in novel ways to capitalize on its ability to store equity in non-fungible assets. I believe that those paying attention will do well by staying just ahead of the trends in these markets....Don't underestimate the blockchain technologies ---> they're changing the world!

No WAY has it evolved beyond pump and dump. What evidence do you have?

Blockchain will change the world. Just don't invest in it.....if you're day trading then that's fine.

Good luck!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At least the stock market is crashing too. We are not alone....am I right, folks :toilet:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the withdrawal fees using ether from ACR? I just withdrew 300 and they charged me $8.35 dollars.....they said there were no fees but only 291.65 showed up in my wallet. PM me please if you know.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the withdrawal fees using ether from ACR? I just withdrew 300 and they charged me $8.35 dollars.....they said there were no fees but only 291.65 showed up in my wallet. PM me please if you know.

You might want to post this here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/official-acr-thread-217550/

The ACR Rep is really good about responding to questions. They could at least give you a break out of the cost. There is a mining fee for sending BTC which was $3 to $6 in 2017. So $8 might not be too bad. I'm not sure the size of your transaction, but you can double check it with the math below. If you want something easy, you can Google how to calculate bitcoin fees or bitcoin fee calculator.

It’s simple: all you gotta do is work out the size of your transaction in bytes, multiply it by the median byte size, take the answer in satoshis, divide it by 100 million (or 1e8 on a scientific calculator), get the answer in bitcoin and then convert to USD. Piece of cake

Last edited:
A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi, I am the ACR Rep. We do not charge any fees for crypto currency transactions. However, there is a mining fee for sending/ receiving cryptos. Those charges that were applied to you might be coming from your wallet. I suggest you to contact them directly to get further details on this. Let me know if you have any other question and I will happily assist you.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I am the ACR Rep. We do not charge any fees for crypto currency transactions. However, there is a mining fee for sending/ receiving cryptos. Those charges that were applied to you might be coming from your wallet. I suggest you to contact them directly to get further details on this. Let me know if you have any other question and I will happily assist you.

Thanks for popping in ACR Rep. I haven't had any issues with ACR so I haven't bugged you in a long time :)

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for popping in ACR Rep. I haven't had any issues with ACR so I haven't bugged you in a long time :)

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I am glad to hear that. In case you have any issue or concern do not hesitate and let me know, I will be more than glad to assist you.

H

hermaeris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any way tô deposit pokerstars with bitcoin?

Why would you want that? Sorry if it sounds sarcastic, I would really like to know. What are the advantages of depositing in cryptocurrency?

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting thread! This is alot of new information for me, this makes me want to create my own crypto-wallet. I've always just been real skeptical about the idea as it seems similar to investing in stocks from my standpoint. But it seems like it's been moving along well for a while now (at least the ones mentioned).

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you want that? Sorry if it sounds sarcastic, I would really like to know. What are the advantages of depositing in cryptocurrency?

basically you avoid the intevention of the middleman

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So apparently tether is not pegged to the USD anymore. Huge scam.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So. How long before BTC become entirely worthless? I would guess about another year or so. Opinions?