***All Things Cryptocurrency***

T

TH13gambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to add a little input as i am on the side an investor and gambler which are all the same really.
I think we should teach and better educate people how to invest wiser so people dont get ripped off, i most defiantly do not condone any kind of corruption where the honest hard working man losses his hard earned cash, for the most of us, money doesnt come easy we have to work hard and go through poverty as i myself have suffered.
Personally i dont think the long term outlook of cryptos is ideal for anyone and could also lead to people losing money, get some good old gold or silver instead.
I wont be partaking in any discussions like this again, this one was fine but anything political can often get heated and IM JUST HERE TO PLAY POKER, HAVE FUN AND TALK SPORTS. <3

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so stronge that dollar has lost 98% of its value in 100 years.

However, in the last 100 years the dollar is at least 100 times easier to get. My uneducated guess would suggest it is probably 1000 times (maybe more) easier to acquire.

CGreen

CGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Does anyone know if I can withdraw Bitcoin to Blockchain, and from Blockchain directly to visa BitPay ?
Thnx! &#55357;&#56842;

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not better to stop inflation than selling TIPS ?

Because when inflation is too low, and zero is way too low, you can’t have real interest rates go down below zero, and that’s hugely problematic when a recession hits and the proper policy is to have negative real rates.

It’s actually pretty clear that inflation at 2% is too low a target.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because when inflation is too low, and zero is way too low, you can’t have real interest rates go down below zero, and that’s hugely problematic when a recession hits and the proper policy is to have negative real rates.

It’s actually pretty clear that inflation at 2% is too low a target.

i never talked about interest, who win win that ?, you know...

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never talked about interest, who win win that ?, you know...

You are talking about using the medium of exchange as a store of value. I’m trying to explain to you why it’s a stupid idea.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are talking about using the medium of exchange as a store of value. I’m trying to explain to you why it’s a stupid idea.

no. i wasn't talking about that. my last questions were ironies because all of your answers are based in the rules of bankers that is hard to avoid, you're always talking like a bank boss that is trying to explain and justify the system. end of the discussion.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so dollar, euro or any fiat are backed by ?????????????? do you know the answer? lol

+1

Hi! Does anyone know if I can withdraw Bitcoin to Blockchain, and from Blockchain directly to Visa BitPay ?
Thnx! ��

Yes, you can transfer BTC to a Blockchain.com wallet and then transfer to BitPay. The real question is why would you pay the extra fee and just not transfer directly to BitPay? Intermediary transfers only make sense if the money is coming from a source that will get your BitPay account banned. Like transferring money from a poker site or something.

It looks like $7K will be the next support if it can break and hold. It is also the resistance so there's that too.

Not to put much weight in the talking heads, but maybe $7K is the new support level?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...urges-after-breaking-back-through-7-000-level

C

cbrig6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro tip for crypto noobs WRITE YOUR PASSWORD down NEVER LOSE IT and never give your password to anyone especially not a facebook link.... (seems silly but have seen folks lose a couple grand over it. https://www.coindesk.com/information/sell-bitcoin/ lists some reputable places to sell but ALWAYS Google site name and reviews b4 you proceed and investigate and user you interact with 10 mins of research can save u money and headache/tears. Use secure passwords 16+ characters upper and lower case letters numbers and symbols that way if they do get the hash file they gota pay 20$ or so to google to crack it (for server time )

D

duanesmith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cryptocurrency market appears to be recovered

The cryptocurrency market appears to finally be back on the repair today, as prices creep back up. Most major tokens are down slightly on the day, regardless of making big gains on a disappointing week. The largest cryptocurrency, bitcoin, normally manages how well the rest of the market does, with BTC losing 1.22 percent to trade at $7,349.31.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pro tip for crypto noobs WRITE YOUR PASSWORD down NEVER LOSE IT and never give your password to anyone especially not a facebook link.... (seems silly but have seen folks lose a couple grand over it. https://www.coindesk.com/information/sell-bitcoin/ lists some reputable places to sell but ALWAYS Google site name and reviews b4 you proceed and investigate and user you interact with 10 mins of research can save u money and headache/tears. Use secure passwords 16+ characters upper and lower case letters numbers and symbols that way if they do get the hash file they gota pay 20$ or so to google to crack it (for server time )

Good advice. I would add getting a hardware wallet if you are serous about crypto. Meaning the amount of money would have a major impact on your life, if not, then keep the gamble alive :)

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BTC is trying to break bearish trendline, hopefully the price keeps over 8000 it could reach 9900.

7b957cc60b9f819816cf1508b3f58832.png

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

"So I thought it might be worth explaining why I’m a cryptocurrency skeptic.It comes down to two things: transaction costs and the absence of tethering." He goes on to say that they need to be "near-frictionless transactions"

Ripple does a good job of being near frictionless. Check out a few case studies there.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/

I did enjoy the comments

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my upload works now :)

Attachments

• Screenshot-2018-8-2 BTCUSD — Bitcoin Chart and Price — TradingView.jpg
    Screenshot-2018-8-2 BTCUSD — Bitcoin Chart and Price — TradingView.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 30
C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"So I thought it might be worth explaining why I’m a cryptocurrency skeptic.It comes down to two things: transaction costs and the absence of tethering." He goes on to say that they need to be "near-frictionless transactions"

Ripple does a good job of being near frictionless. Check out a few case studies there.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-and-xrp-can-cut-banks-global-settlement-costs-up-to-60-percent/

I did enjoy the comments

so ripple... i couldn't expect less from you.

R

ruk1dd1ngme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bitcoin is going to make it

I recently did some research on cryptocurrency and also saw a very good show about the key figures in bitcoin evolution, which highlighted the historic events over the last 8 years in making bitcoin work.

I am convinced it is going to be viable, though slowed by the need for regulatory legislation to prevent it from being abused.

Several CEO's of early bitcoin companies went to jail because of bitcoin's ties to Silk Road, a drug site. Despite the trials and tribulations, however, the committee on bitcoin and crypto currency ruled very positively that it is an important and viable alternative.

Regards,

Bruce

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so ripple... i couldn't expect less from you.

:) I should have noted a disclaimer that this is not an endorsement for XRP. I do not hodl any XRP or plan to initiate a trade in the next 72 hours :)

I just wanted to say Paul needed to research the whole space before boiling it's flaws down to two explanations.

In other news.....BTC has broken it's support level.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\ /

Last edited:
E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CURRENT BTC PRICE

Attachments

• Screenshot-2018-8-8 BTCUSD — Bitcoin Chart and Price — TradingView.jpg
    Screenshot-2018-8-8 BTCUSD — Bitcoin Chart and Price — TradingView.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 24
TheFenomen

TheFenomen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What a down of BTC

I remember my friend introduced me bitcoin when I was at $ 100 in 2013, and I have an acquaintance who was fortunate enough to buy 10 at that time, but sold it when he hit $ 2000 hahaha

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably BTC will reach $4000 and so what? if you check BTCUSD charts in 1M timeline trend is still bullish. what happens whit EUR, GBP? hmm check it out...