Why everyone asume that you are a guy/

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, you shouldn´t feel that way.Your nick sounds me like a woman but you must be aware that in some cases , other people may think you are a man...So,please just relax, do your best and enjoy this game..

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I also use the ''guy'' word when I refer to an unknown , assuming that he might be probably a male . It hasn't occured to me to be actually a girl and complain . I have the feeling that most women online don't really want the others to know their sex identity , or this is just my feeling/impression .....

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see much importance in this. Who cares who you are. The main thing is you are a poker player.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is believed that women are usually worse than playing poker! So many cunning hiding behind women's names!

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i pretty much just refer to everyone as "man" to generalize men or "wo-man"

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i continuously think about this yet still find myself using he as a general term. It's not like i'm calling u a man its just an umbrella term like calling all soft drinks coke. But i've been making an effort to use them they n their instead of he hers his because you never know some names could be either often when i say he blah blah blah the thought that the person could be female crosses my mind and i feel bad. So I apologize but its not an insult it's like saying those guys over there even though you are referring to a group of female's. But i have tried to start using different terms. :D

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I really don't chat.
But when I use this forum, I mostly use words that generalize the sex, like the "person" or "people" etc...
So not offending anyone.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I give it little thought one way or another until I get confirmation from the person in question. But when writing in chat i inadvertently use male references because I am typing quickly (if chatting at all). But when I was in school that was the norm so just "old and in the way"

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!! What's the difference?? Online ?? I do not share the category of players ... good luck to everyone in the game !! )))

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know why for me, I have my name plus year I was born as my name.
For others, I try to figure out what they have as their site name. Sometimes it is a sports team, other times pieces of their name. A lot of time it is a poker reference theme, I didn't think of that when I first started a long time ago.
I think the biggest reason though is that if you call a man a woman, they will hold it against you. If you call a woman a man, you can say you are sorry and they will get over it. Honest mistake either way.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pefer NO GENDER in poker

Personally for me, I would most times rather my gender not be known. This is why my poker names are non-descriptive as are my avatars. I just think that sometimes it affects how people play against you so I don't want that ever to be a factor as I am just a poker player.

However, if you are in any of the communities I am in or chat in the same streams as me, then you may figure out I am female and not male;)

T

TheFaissal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, that's a good question, but hey, it doesn't matter if your a boy or a girl. at the end, your hand is the key here.

Its like when players call you names, I don't care since i'm doing my best to play my best, so I prefer to stick to that plan, and play my hand and don't care about what they call me.

Hope that help

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should start every tourney by stating your gender.
That way I think you can suss out who the idiots are

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused by your comment

you should start every tourney by stating your gender.
That way I think you can suss out who the idiots are

:rolleyes:
Are you implying that one gender is more idiotic than the other?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
The term guys nowadays applies to both genders when in mixed company.

:top:
Ah,,that explains the "moves" you were puttin on me! :girlshit: :rofl:
If he thought you were a woman, It makes me wonder what the women in his youth looked like. :eek:

;)
:rolleyes:
Are you implying that one gender is more idiotic than the other?
Of course he is, It's a fact that men are more idiotic.

;)

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men aren't any more smart than women, and vice versa. I think anyone who reacted to a person's gender at all prolly has a leak in their game that can be exploited.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My screen name on Full Tilt and bodog used to be Mrs. Pauls (as in fish sticks) but dudes would be total jerks to me because they though I was a woman. A lot absolutely hated it when I took their money. I never corrected the mistake.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a woman on the table makes you different still. Anything different becomes exploited. Don’t be different

M

mainecun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just that kind of past time where most think its for guys only. I'm not defending there beliefs, but the vast majority (90%+) of poker players are males. plus with very few female players, its hard to recognize them with tons of men. with the exception of Annie Duke and Mario Ho

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never try to assume anything about the people at my table, reguardless of picture or avitar. I just look at them online as if I am playing the computer. Putting a name, face gender or anything else just puts it way out there. I would not let it bother you though. It's just online poker, odds are you will never meet anyone you play with unless you have a online group you play with.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online gaming of any sort most assume males.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A simple way to avoid the confusion would be to replace the avatar with a picture of your genitals :)

ha ha ha, good one :D:D

replying to original post, why would you care if someone thinks you're a male?
I wouldn't, I have enough worries in my life:D:D poker game is a poker game, leave those silly things behind, play the game!