What’s the most frustrating thing about online poker?

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you with a pair of AAs and lose to two pair on the river

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
A have a few things:
1) Slow players for no reason. I get it near the bubble or in pay jumps in MTT's. Also not talking the guys that are only slow once and awhile while making decisions on other tables.
2) The higher variance because you see that many more hands per/hour then you do when playing live.
3) The river lol.

Cheers!!!

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking a table full of pros where they can get a broader reading of their range.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for me it's the big number of limpers with nearly any two cards in any position. They also don't fold on the smallest hit even on A high boards and pay to the river destroying mostly TP reasonable kicker with a crapy 72/83/94 o/s two pair. And it's a ton of those players (stats of Vpip 60+ / raise 0 to 5 ). I have mostly 2 to 3 of these guys at tournament tables. They destroy every resonable play. With those guys the so called A game is not possible. Nuts or monsters on the flop are to rare to beat those players in the long term imo. The normal bankroll is not big enought to play a billion hands to have them beat.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It used to bother me that freerolls and many tournaments and S&Gs were not offered with very small amounts. Of course, I didn't know such sites as Cardschat back then and as a beginner I had to take a lot of losses.
I also don't like the payout rules on sites like pokerstars and gg Poker at all. Depositing works smoothly while withdrawing is often a gauntlet.

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I spent an entire tournament expecting a good pair and I didn't come!

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A flurry of bad beats when you get it in good. Or the icing jobs where you have just smashed a comp, jump into cash with a few buy ins and get coolers instantly on two of the three. KK one table, QQ another... runner runner favouring the donk

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
“There has never been great intelligence without a trace of madness.” I loved it 100% 🤪

She's a beast right, this phrase has accompanied me since my childhood, just waiting for the time to tattoo

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Awww, i have another and will see if I can find any examples but reckon it will be hard as it’s my queue to fold but.... I had a few day period last week where I was counterfeited over and over again. It was ridiculous and happened with JJ, TT, 99 and worst.,.. quad 9’s where I held 77, guy jams when when the 4th 9 comes ffs. Flop was 399

S

SadonnaPrice

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
Losing focus during a game is frustrating for me. Concentration is crucial to success, so I take breaks and practice mindfulness to avoid fatigue and stay in the zone.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way people waste there chips can get on my nerves, I like to see good poker getting played. I understand players might speculate to accumulate, some will play poker like chess, sacrificing chips for the bigger gain down the line. Leading others into a false sense of security. But the madness that I witness at the tables on a regular basis, making crazy decisions that cost them there tourney life, or forces them to reload time and time again, beggars belief.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The classic. Folding the winning hand(s) or being intimidated enough to fold to a chip leader and find they had rubbish and you would've won!!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pixel-art-of-dinosaur-describing-offline-error-for-internet.jpg

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
surely the most frustrating thing is to be in a final stretch and the internet goes down, there is nothing worse in online poker

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What I get tired of is people bitching about how the game is 'rigged' every time they lose to a river card. Another thing is bad players berating other players when they lose because of their own stupid play.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the most frustrating thing is that we can't actually read the player we're playing against, on many occasions it's possible
reading some behaviors through the person's movement and this helps to understand if he may be bluffing or not.
As we play online and we are not looking directly to the player this is frustrating in my opinion.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most frustrating is a mtt final table that you are chip leader and end up 8th or 9th

E

eduardo8269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing an ain to a player with any card just in madness

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The only frustrating thing for me is when a hand ends and I think I played it wrong.
Before, badbeats frustrated me, not entering the ITM, being on the verge of a final table, etc.
Over the years I have gotten over it.
When you start to understand that an MTT can be either a big win or a complete flop, then you start to understand the game.
If you do not understand that chance is part of the game, then you will feel constant frustration, which does not add up to achieve the final objective, which is to increase your bankroll and play better every day as much as possible.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing in a tournament for 9 hours just to get AA cracked by 97 offsuit or some similar junk.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consistency of getting it in good and losing anyhow. But such is the game we play.