What do you prefer - when you play poker: Music or silence ?

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer silence, especially when I'm aiming for something decent. Sometimes Nightwish with Floor Jansen can energize and motivate me :)

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how do you play? Music, if so, what?) Or do you concentrate in silence, another option, watch TV?

Now I prefer to play with relaxing music. Recently, I stopped looking at poker as an earning money and decided that I would enjoy the process of the game and in my case, the music only increases the feeling of pleasure. But when I tried to make money with poker, silence was the most important element, especially when multi-tabling.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I prefer silence but from time to time I like to listen something relaxing like Buddha Bar mixes or chillout music.
Enjoy the silence! D.M.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefered to play with music in beginning stages, when the ITM or FT is close I turn off the music and try to focus on game and the best plays that I can do.

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silence!!! Music takes my attention away.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not bother about it, music or silence!? Along the way, I usually watch TV or even play games in the VC! Although the results I have not particularly outstanding, but I do not bring it to the atmosphere during the game!

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all of the above. depends on my mood at the time. im disabled all I do is sit and play poker freerolls and low stakes mtts and .01/.02-.05/.10 tables all day so I find that alternating my activities with periods of silence helps

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In earlier stage I prefer to listen music, but during playing final table I prefer to be in silence.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only tried silence, live, but another player let me try on his headphones when I was playing in Biloxi and I instantly felt like I was in a music video

I like listening to trip-hop when on my computer as it helps with concentration, just haven't explored it much live

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Silence is the best option for me. Unfortunately it's very hard to get that in may building.

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play listening to music always

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It definitely depends on my mood. Can rock out loud and proud and sometimes it needs to be like a library. Type of music also will vary, just don't have a certain routine when comes to playing.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its as follow..lets say im gonna play around 3hours of sngs..when i start to play and im not tired i use put some relaxing music in background..but on the last hour of session i turn off the music and i play in silence.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I'm hungry for music, sometimes not. If I feel like listen to songs during a poker match I just do it and, in my case, it doesn't derail me.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea, the thing that varies the most is the state of the human mind
whatever enhances your sense of groundedness and concentration in the moment is the best thing

so sometimes its the music sometimes its movies sometimes its complete silence

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch YouTube, almost always in parallel. But basically he is my background, I do not pay much attention. I always have a TV too, I don't watch it either. I am constantly surrounded by noise during the game.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I either play a playlist on spotify or watch sports while I play but sometimes I play with complete silence too just depends on the day I suppose...

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'd rather be listening to something, if it's silent, it gets very tiring

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like too much music while playing poker because it starts to distract me during the middle of a hand.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh Yeh!!! Its Got to be Music, Down-Low Or Loud! It Doesn't Matter Just cool Tunes with great Beats...

Hope This Play List Resonates With Some of You Poker Stars!!

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I prefer to suffer (play) in silence.

But I have often wondered, whether different types of music, changes the way you play. For example, heavy metal, does that make you more aggressive. What type of music (if any) would improve your concentration.

Maybe I should try listening to music, when playing poker. It may be the missing link, that's holding me back from poker greatness.