What do you prefer - when you play poker: Music or silence ?

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally don’t listen to music while playing i prefer in silence.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick music! It helps me to relax before the game and surprisingly gets me more focused to what's really going on the table

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration is a bit better with silence. Especially if you are playing more than one tourney @ a time. I try to play two at a time....but never more than 3. Music and TV in the background will hurt your concentration. It is easy to miss tells and tendencies with too much distractions.

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick music! It helps me to relax before

T

Ter_rnd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am comfortable playing in silence, helping to focus on the game!

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music or silence I prefer a little of both depending on the situation

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music doesn't help me concentrate on the game so I prefer playing in silence. And from what I know, most pro poker players don't listen to music when playing especially in tournaments (maybe some but not much)

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music or silence?

I rarely play poker with music, I prefer in silence, I find that I focus more on how my opponents play.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer play poker on silence. I play only sometimes with music 😁

K

Kdk1232

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music preps you for table talk in live games I’m better live than online because of it

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, music is a significant part of life, I do everything with music, and I play poker with it too)

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to music especially to Becky G. It calms me down completely I feel more secure

R

Raposo27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play watching / listening to a Twitch stream

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends, if 1 o 2 MTT hard rock, if more something more relaxing like Chill Dee´House

Although sometimes i tend to hear some webinars on a particular subject while grinding hehe

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a software developer and good music (any kind) helps me focus, even heavy metal. When I'm playing the only thing I don't like is annoying noises. :rock:

m_v_a

m_v_a

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bird "Talker" is distinguished by intelligence and ingenuity

All this is in the mood, the main thing is not to distract from the plot of the game, it is better to talk at the table with the players :) The bird "Talker" is distinguished by intelligence and ingenuity :)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I usually watch different films, I think everyone should decide for himself what to do, the main thing is that this does not interfere with the game of poker

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can watch videos or listen to music if I play a freeroll. With money I play in silence

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really love music. And I really love poker. I grew up with rock music. And my radio was on 24 hours a day. It is the same today. But that’s where the problem comes from now on. Sometimes I can't play poker with music. The music distracts me and I can’t focus on the game. I never minded listening to music and doing something besides that. I studied very successfully with music. But times seem to be changing, now I need silence. And maybe it's because of age. :D

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times I prefer listening to music, while playing poker. The reason is that I feel more comfortable on the table while doing other things. And if some bad beads come up, the music is distracting me not to be taking so serious the things and to be nervous.

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play - poker ? Music, if so, what?) Or do you concentrate in silence, another option, watch TV?

Live: music sometimes through my headphones or silence.
Online: playing music/podcasts, watching movies, or silence

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually listen to the music in early stages of tournament, but in late stages i prefer silence.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer silence because the music i would enjoy is too much a distraction from the game. Maybe i should try special music, that is specifically made for enhancing concentration and focus, but i usually do not enjoy listening to that kind of sounds...
So for me it is poker OR punkrock and not both at the same time....