GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well,the best way to know is when you have the nuts XD
Today did a raise 3x pre flop with TT,hit a full house in the flop,and bet pot,get called,and them the guy shoved XD
I just called and he was air XD
The real best way to know is when you are nuts XD
God bless

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
know one thing right, the one who bluffs at the end lose:LOL:

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to analyze the whole sequence of how the hand is being played.
sometimes I make a mistake, but I usually smell the desperation of someone who wants to win the hand that is lost.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't believe it's smart to bluff almost ever... however if you are 100% certain your opponent will gold is it really a bluff?

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I have run into some big bluffs or semi bluffers in larger tournaments.... Made some good calls and let others go by......

If you can't put their story together... its likely a bluff....

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I know that's it's better not to bluff on micrilimits :D:D

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it is hard to bluff online because the other player can follow with any pair
if you decide to bluff raise all the way through the hand

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello!
I think it's still worth playing mathematically without trying to open someone's bluff, since players often bet with a good hand.

I'm not ready to pay for a hand of insufficient strength in order to see if my opponent is bluffing or not. Let someone else do it better, and I will look and at the same time I will not spend chips)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hm, I just caught some bluffs in cash games today but I also lost some money when I was sure someone was bluffing but that person had the nuts. When playing cash games I enter notes on the players sometimes. Of course the very best players only bluff frequently. What is a sign for me is when people bet way too high, way too early. Bluffers want to scare you, obviously, whereas those who have the nuts want to do the opposite. They want to keep you in the game and get some chips out of you after the turn or later.
This is typical understanding of these, my POV is that it's all about betting patterns.

As you rightly pointed out, some people bet big out of the blue, sending a clear message that they would like you to fold.
Well, I do the same for bluffs and value bets. It's not that clear, IMO.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love bluffing, Bluffing is telling a story to the potential folder that what you are doing is resonable enough for him to fold his hand, the story must be believable and that can be based on many things, like how youve been playing in few hands before, the board, and the amount of bet you have placed. All around it is fun :)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the definition of bluff? When you think about it for a second you'll realize that everything you raise not being on river and having nuts is a bluff. Poker is only about bluffing, though doing this in manner which is mathematically correct.

I'd like to also add a thing about making large rises when bluffing: even when I bluff by betting big in obvious spots it would be mistake to call me and is a easily exploitable long term.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
bluffing is necessary in poker, but we have to know when and how to bluff, nowadays, I avoid bluffing, because there are many amateur players, who call with any card and sometimes luck can be on their side and you end up losing chips that shouldn't lose

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much. I'm bluffing of course.

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Don’t bluff if your opponents have nothing to lose) 🐟 will crush you on bluffing

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I call this a bluff :) (but bad fold)

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the villain who is playing a larger amount of hands than his opponents and likely that in some of his hands he may have bluffed

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi, about me i have a one rules - Never bluff in fishy poker player, coz it doesn't make sense, you will say why?! It's very simple-bad players don't think when they play with their head. If he has A, then he will never drop it and he will not care what is on board.

I bluff somethimes when i play with a strong player, like playing with it, when your oponent have a brain.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I started playing poker about 8 years ago. it was easier to bluff, today people are specializing in understanding the bluff. and I spent some time without playing and I'm suffering a lot, because there are days when the cards are very bad and it goes to the bluff.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
What ? hmm i think that good bluff is when oponent checks, than make a bet a 70 - 80 % of pot and make it on flop, turn and river.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I never bluff
Bluffing is bad business
Bluffing is injurious to your poker health

If one keeps bluffing, that person will not be seen on FT.

That doesn’t mean you don’t bluff at all.

You bluff a little bit play good poker more importantly.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the best way to spot a bluff online is to observe and consider your opponent's past play. But you need to be very careful, because in Poker nothing is absolute and when trying to discover bluffs you will actually seek to improve the statistics of the times you call to see the villain's hand that is supposed to be bluffing. He won't always be bluffing and even when he is he could end up hitting you with a bad beat. So the best option is whenever someone fattening the pot only enters when they have a strong hand or else a good promise for the turn or river. Then if the villain's hand is not a bluff you can still overcome him. It is also worth considering the buyin value x tournament stage. Free and micro buyin tournaments players are more courageous at the beginning of the game as they want to build a strong stack and being eliminated does not result in a loss. Already in the final stages you invested time so you need to make it count. Already high buyins players will be more cautious in the beginning. Remember, you won't be able to win them all. It's just about improving your stats.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's crucial for a balanced game, althought it's not the most important and valuable play, mainly in the micro stakes, where there's a bunch of fishes willing to call u down even with 3rd pairs.
Valu bet > bluff

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know that if you want people to call your value bets, they have to believe you're capable of bluffing. If you're not bluffing sometimes, you're super easy to play against.