What do you know about bluffing?

A

Araujothc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The perfect bluff, in my opinion, is when you have an extremely strong hand and make your opponent think you have a weak hand.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not very good at it so tend to give it a miss. Satisfied with making the odd hero call.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as it was said, it is much more difficult to detect a bluff in online poker, because we don't have that face to face that exists in person, so I don't have a strategy formed against it, I go more by intuition and analysis of the opponent's previous rounds

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Bluff when you are sure your opponent won't take the risk. You never really make repetitive decisions so no one will be sure when you are bluffing. Players often hide their bluff by aggressively raising, but they also do it more often with a good hand, so there is no rule. If you are at the table for longer, you know who's playing, whether they're taking a risk or not, and then you can catch them bluffing or bluffing yourself.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you never bluff... or even if you are never caught bluffing, it's much less likely you will get called when you bet for value. A player who is always honest is incredibly easy to read. A player who always bluffs is slightly less easy to read. A player with a really good mix of value bets and bluffs is really hard to play against.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of poker. Without bluffing, poker would turn into mathematical layouts.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Unfortunately that has never been one of my strengths in the game.I think I should,at least, do it more frequently in order to improve my game

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Yes, bluffing is part of the game, if it weren't for it, it wouldn't be so interesting to play.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best Bluff is when you have the good cards and make the players think you have the bad cards, otherwise... I don't insist.
This tactic of the game is called "slowplay".

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of poker. Without bluffing, poker would turn into mathematical layouts.
Bluffing is good, but it's not the core of poker. More often faced with semi-bluff.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing, that's why I never bluff. I only raise preflop with AA and KK.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It is very difficult to identify when the opponent is bluffing. In a game, for example, there was a player who was raising the bet all the time, so I realized that he was certainly bluffing several hands, and when I decided to play one with him, guess what, he wasn't, precisely in the hand I decided to play.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they check on the turn and check on the river. Go all in

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I consider a bluff only successful in tournaments with high stakes, in freeroll games those “bluffs” are very common

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
You bluff in poker all the time. Or are you telling the truth about your hand if asked, after every dealt you tell, just want to keep game honest. :)

Game is much about missleading your opponent, trying to confuse them, trying to guide your opponent with false info to give his money to you,etc.

To mobster, it gives great plesure, not only win/take your money, but win it by fraud. What is important its feeling of control. If that start to come priority to you, there just might be a little T.Soprano inside you.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A relatively small category of no-limit hold'em players never bluff. And it is true. Such players are either afraid of being caught, or they simply have some kind of psychological barrier that does not allow them to bet without a hand. But in any case, only a very small percentage of poker players play this way. The vast majority of players bluff. Most of them understand that in order to win at poker, you can't just sit back and wait for good hands to come to you. Bluffs will allow you to win pots without having the best hand. Bluffs also allow you to create the right image at the table, which will increase your chances of getting paid when you actually have a strong hand. At the same time, being able to smell bluffs and make the right calls is also one of the most important skills for any poker player.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is indeed harder to catch a bluff online, but it is not impossible. It is possible to infer from the opponent's playing style, but online it is much more likely that someone who would not dare to do it in real life will sometimes bluff.
I once caught an extremely tight player bluffing, which really surprised me, since then I handle "tight tags" more cautiously.

Garik777

Garik777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Almost nothing.
I like to play vs good cards^. ^

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
You have to feel it! I think the right decision would be not to try to decipher when the opponent player can bluff, but rather to try to bluff sooner with good timing. You have to recognize the situation and when a bluff is good. and rather pay attention to your own bluffing act.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
IMO the bluff is an important 'weapon' for any poker player that wants to take the game seriously- I mean you'll have to be able to pull the trigger in certain spots and make your opponent/-s fold a better hand and pick up important pots... I also think it's important to 'tell a good story' when you bluff(make sure you pay attention to the texture of the board and your cards too- blocking some things in some situations or having a certain card- like for example the Ace of the suit you have 3 other cards on the board- this things can improve the success of your bluffs) and be careful about balancing your value bets and bluffs(I go like 70/30)...

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's right, even when executing bluffs, you need to understand the mathematics of making such a decision. Don't worry, it's about the same as calculating the pot odds.

To understand how profitable a bluff will be, you need to at least roughly understand how often your opponent will throw in similar situations. This can be understood based on his ranges, behavior (passive/active), your notes on him and statistics.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When done correctly, it can increase your winnings by making your opponents fold.
Also value combos get called when you bluff in right proportion.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hm, I just caught some bluffs in cash games today but I also lost some money when I was sure someone was bluffing but that person had the nuts. When playing cash games I enter notes on the players sometimes. Of course the very best players only bluff frequently. What is a sign for me is when people bet way too high, way too early. Bluffers want to scare you, obviously, whereas those who have the nuts want to do the opposite. They want to keep you in the game and get some chips out of you after the turn or later.
That's relative, predicting what you think so I'll play contrary to what you think to confuse you.