What do you do when you are having a bad day at the poker table?

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I step away from the tables and do something to recharge my batteries.

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If there's no game, I go out and play a movie to distract myself

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the meantime, I can handle it quite well and just stop playing if things don't go so well that day. I think it should also be according to professional players that you have yourself emotionally under control and just in these moments do not lose control to fall into tilt mode.

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I would like to know what they do when they have a bad day at the poker table, usually when I am having a bad day it is difficult for me to quit, in the end I end up losing a lot of dollars in a short time, so I would like to know your experiences and your tips.
I close the App and no longer play. Because sometimes the bookmaker is just trying to win money and make you lose.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually keep playing, but if its really bad a take a break.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, if you are having a bad day STOP, you are only going to lose more.

There is always tomorrow :)

W

walrusjulius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Hi. I usually eat ice cream and take a break from poker. 🙃

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tento Fazer Outra Coisa sem ser o poker, às vezes só não é seu dia

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing, because it is just another day in Poker. I recently had 32 of bad luck and how sweet it is, when you make 2nd and 3rd place in two days in a row. Always lucky is boring!

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
There is little to do in these cases. Accepting bad days, wrong choices, bad beats, in short, is difficult. The way is to lift your head and the ball forward and balance things out.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
as always, I ride as long as the bank allows. Sometimes I increase stop losses between sessions

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'll keep playing until it gets better!

When I realize that things are going badly, I focus more on actually playing my best poker.

Most of the time it gets better. Rarely do I let it go and say to myself, "Tomorrow is another day."

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would like to know what they do when they have a bad day at the poker table, usually when I am having a bad day it is difficult for me to quit, in the end I end up losing a lot of dollars in a short time, so I would like to know your experiences and your tips.
2 Words- bankroll Management!

There is nothing worse you can do than chase lost money, I had one such day and bought into 10 x $1.00 SnG games, Which was my normal routine I didn't make the money in any of them, losing $10.00 on the day. Now depending on what $10.00 means to everyone else, Me personally, it's Peanuts! But it was still a slight hit to my Bankroll, Losing 5% of it but I follow strict self imposed rules.
Never buy-in for more than 1% of your Bankroll.
Never increase your Stakes trying to win it back.
I stopped playing that day, came back the next and out of my 10 games I won 8 came 2nd in another, and 3rd in one more, making money on each one, then stopped again,
You could say I was on a heater and I should have carried on Playing, but making money was the last thing on my mind, I just wanted to increase my Bankroll and have Fun doing it. Poker does not have to be all about making money, It surely helps but it is not my driving ambition to become rich from playing the game.
It is a game I enjoy playing, It's all for Fun!

When the Fun Stops, STOP!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are a few things you can try when you are having a bad day at the poker table:
  1. Take a break: Step away from the table for a few minutes to clear your head and refocus.
  2. Adjust your strategy: If your usual strategy isn't working, try changing things up. For example, you could tighten your range of hands played, or play more aggressively.
  3. Analyze your mistakes: Take the time to reflect on any mistakes you made during the session. This can help you identify patterns or areas where you need to improve.
  4. Stay positive: It's important to maintain a positive attitude, even when things aren't going well. Remember that poker is a game of ups and downs, and you will have good days and bad days.
  5. Practice good bankroll management: Make sure you are not playing outside of your bankroll. If you are losing too much, it may be best to stop playing for the day.
Overall, it's important to stay patient and maintain a level head when you are having a bad day at the poker table. With practice and experience, you will learn how to manage your emotions and adjust your strategy to improve your results.
Well said! I couldn't have said it better myself!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I step back, relax , figuring that today is not my day, and go back at it the next day.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I follow my plan for the day and keep playing and keeping my patience. Resilience is the key.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Having a bad day in poker is becoming a normal thing, that's how variance works and you can't change anything in its laws. The most important thing is to play well and make the best possible decision in each spot and not take into consideration the result of the day because poker is a long turn game.

When you understand that poker is a long turn game it will help you get rid of all the bad feelings when you have a bad day at the tables.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we should take a break, or try to play less table and focus on proper self control and not tilt however i do the same as you I play more and end up playing unnecessary games:(

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
stop playing , call it a day . if i keep on playing i will lose both patience and money

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, when i have a bad day at tables ,I prefer to take rest of poker for that day and play next day ,if you push hard to win back your loses it's hard to play your best game and you keep losing more and more .

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a few things you can try when you are having a bad day at the poker table:
  1. Take a break: Step away from the table for a few minutes to clear your head and refocus.
  2. Adjust your strategy: If your usual strategy isn't working, try changing things up. For example, you could tighten your range of hands played, or play more aggressively.
  3. Analyze your mistakes: Take the time to reflect on any mistakes you made during the session. This can help you identify patterns or areas where you need to improve.
  4. Stay positive: It's important to maintain a positive attitude, even when things aren't going well. Remember that poker is a game of ups and downs, and you will have good days and bad days.
  5. Practice good bankroll management: Make sure you are not playing outside of your bankroll. If you are losing too much, it may be best to stop playing for the day.
Overall, it's important to stay patient and maintain a level head when you are having a bad day at the poker table. With practice and experience, you will learn how to manage your emotions and adjust your strategy to improve your results.
Nearly nothing more to say.

Keep in mind poker is a long term game.
Your health and the health of your bankroll keeps you in this game to make more long term +EV decisions.
If you are a long time player you will get a feeling how a day is running within the first 30 to 40 hands (cash game), 1st hour of a tournament.
You can't force luck. Respect the game mechanics.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A bad day at the poker table can turn into weeks. We need to play tomorrow and analyze and remember our mistakes. Personally, I have already passed the effect of disappointment, poker is a very long game, no matter who says.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Take my wife for a nice drive somewhere interesting and then we'll have a lovely romantic dinner. Now that sounds better than tearing your hair out at the poker table !!!