What do you do when you are having a bad day at the poker table?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are plenty of things you can do like taking a break or switching tables but if you choose to keep playing the one thing you should definitely not do is to keep chasing your losses.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go for a walk on the mountain paths to clear my mind.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you just go for a walk to get some fresh air and everything goes away and you get in a good mood and you can have a delicious meal, too, jogging helps the main thing is to close the poker tab and everything will be great you won't lose a lot of money on this day:)

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If i had such a bad day, i try to reduce my play time at this day. Sometimes it is hard to fight against this devil. But mostly i have win this battle. The bad mood after such a session is gone after the night sleep. And then a new day with a good mood could start the next session. Or if the bankroll is down i must wait till the next nice cc freeroll is starting.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I listen to hard rock with headphones and try to whisper all my anger while singing along with my favorite songs

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know what they do when they have a bad day at the poker table, usually when I am having a bad day it is difficult for me to quit, in the end I end up losing a lot of dollars in a short time, so I would like to know your experiences and your tips.
I've also had some difficulty stopping playing when I'm having a bad day, I've already lost a lot of money because of my stubbornness, it's really hard to stop, we always want to recover what we're losing and when we realize it, we've already lost a lot.
But I'm seeing a new method to control myself more, build a tournament grid per day, and not play just anyone

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you've been playing for a long time or every day, you'll get used to it and realize there's no point in getting hung up on it.
There will always be bad days at the tables, just like in life. Of course, there are days when you're in a bad mood and even poker doesn't work, in which case you'd send everyone to hell. Fortunately, in most of the tournaments I play in, chat is not allowed after elimination, because then I would have been banned from the sites a long time ago...

The only thing you can do is quit and try your luck again the next day.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do not open any sngs and go out for a walk or gym

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know what they do when they have a bad day at the poker table, usually when I am having a bad day it is difficult for me to quit, in the end I end up losing a lot of dollars in a short time, so I would like to know your experiences and your tips.
When I lose 7 va-banks in a row, I will most likely stop playing poker that day, because it will lead to the loss of my bankroll or a significant part of it. So I take a break and start playing the next day

B

BurnTurnRun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Switch off. Smoke a few herbal remedies and think over the spots that made it a bad day.

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Play on another site for the day.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
1. SHUT DOWN the computer.

2. Roll something ( if is possible ;))

3. Chill out or lounge music.

4. Lay down on sofa. o_O

5. Think possitive.

6. Sleep is comming........tomorrow will be better!:giggle:(y)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I stare at myself in the mirror and make grotesque faces...try it, it's really soothing

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Take a Brake, get out do some sports[no Poker lol] spend Time with Family ;)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Best thing is forget abt it and come back the next day

Rgds

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you are unwell enough to not make good decisions, close the session as soon as possible. If it's under control, do what you have to do as far as you have to. Once your homework is done, reflect as deeply as you can on what happened, try to identify the errors and triggers and correct them. As mentioned above, poker is not a race, it's a marathon, so there will be bad days, but there will also be good days, unfortunately few, but it's natural to poker. By remedying the flaws, it will be increasingly easier and more enjoyable to play.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will quit the game for the day. When I get home I will fire up my forge and beat the hell out of some metal and make something I have been putting off..

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just finish playing the game and then I go about my own business

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I passed through that a lot of times in the beginning. When you are not playing right leave the tables immediately and forget it! If you cannot leave the tables explain your situation for the poker room and they will block you from playing for a while.
This is a very serious subject and it might lead to dementia if not controlled.
The ideal is to stay away from the poker tables as long as you can and meantime try to fortify your body and mind, get down of your heels and accept that you gotta be a rock when you are playing, this is more easy to say than to do, what you must do is to be a warrior, not to worry when you are winning or losing, not to worry if you are dealt AA or 72o, be strong as a rock.
As I said before, if you are honest and observe that you cannot leave the tables when you are losing control, ask for the poker room to block you for a while, thus you can enjoy your life and increase your psychological structure to form a solid mindset.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I simply don`t play for several days and start with freerolls. than with low money tournaments but only after I`ve won some freeroll money.

D

dudnyk17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
when they wave me after I lose cooler :oops::rolleyes:

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't play for a week, I try to do something else, I do like a mental reset, sometimes our brain is easily deluded when the game is coming.
I think a week is too long if you love poker. Sometimes even 1 day is enough for the situation to change.

Sicamous

Sicamous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
If you are starting to *feel like* it's a "bad day" rather than just the game as it goes, then the advice about taking a break and time to study is best in my opinion.
I'll log off and vent and talk to myself a lot. Like "This is poker - you love it!" and just take a breather. Hug the pets. Take dog out for a walk. Have a shower. Just anything to distract and calm down and then log back in to study my hands and see where I might be going wrong. Even just playing some pokerstars with free chips is helpful if I still want to just play but not lose real money. I think the pokerstars freeplay area isn't too bad as far as free poker goes. I really only play small stakes anyway.

Definitely take a break #1if you feel like you're tilting. Just say No. haha
#2 - study once you're relaxed enough. Maybe you need to just adjust for your next session.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep playing, one hour luck turns. persistence.