What do you do when you are having a bad day at the poker table?

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I would like to know what they do when they have a bad day at the poker table, usually when I am having a bad day it is difficult for me to quit, in the end I end up losing a lot of dollars in a short time, so I would like to know your experiences and your tips.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play for a week, I try to do something else, I do like a mental reset, sometimes our brain is easily deluded when the game is coming.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s tough when you are running bad… there are more bad days than good ones- unfortunately.
Have a set budget for the day- abide by it and hope for the best!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a mental game & a war of attrition, a marathon, not a sprint so it's best to not play until you're in a better mood as your chips ($) are valuable.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, you better get used to it. You are going to have way more bad days at the tables than good. The simple answer is just stop playing for a while, when you feel yourself titling. Get some fresh air, find some other activity that takes your attention away from poker. Or you could use the downtime to study poker. I would also put extra study into the mental aspect of the game.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is simply impossible to prevent you from having bad days in poker and either you can cope with it or you take a break, in any case, you should try to prevent yourself from starting tilting.

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I would like to know what they do when they have a bad day at the poker table, usually when I am having a bad day it is difficult for me to quit, in the end I end up losing a lot of dollars in a short time, so I would like to know your experiences and your tips.
Maybe just play even smaller entry to limit you losses, but I often play Anno 1404 Venice classic game or Football Manager

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Play even more poker:unsure:

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the day is bad, losing with the premium big hands, sets over 4 of a kind, street on the flop turning full house on the river. I'll be too much strict, I mean, just call with the nuts, maybe becoming a easy target to exploitation, better call it a day, and ultimately respect the set bankroll limits.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's tough bruh.

I've burnt my whole BR once in a bad day.

Not that it was such big BR but if I wasn't in such a bad day I would have gone for a walk or something.

So taken by tilt you may do lot of bad decisions.

Being aware you're already not in the best of yours days and decide that it would be smart not even risk a minute at the felt can be helpful at avoiding spilling away your BR.

I'm aware that having a good amount of emotional intelligence isn't related to blocking emotions but to accept them so you know when they arise and be able to take action even before they do.

So avoid poker in a bad day.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
i have been having a bad year so just chill and know yes you lost but have lost a lot more, stay focused review your hands look at vids improve your game play

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would either take a break like a couple of days or I would return to reading strategy books...sometimes it's just finding the right mindset that is the real issue

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
nothing in particular , just waiting for the day to pass and I do not throw myself to play on higher stakes :)

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I do every time a session ends that is out of tune with the others is to immediately review all the tournaments in that session. I don't leave it for later because it's important to get out of there lightly, without questioning myself

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you know you've had a bad day with a session that didn't work out, what you should do at the moment is stop and disconnect from everything, then after a few hours come and review your hands with more tranquility and correct that session, then play the next day.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, we convince ourselves that it's just a bad day and tomorrow will be better, the second, we turn on some kind of hard comedy.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I turn off the computer and go wash the dishes.😁🤣

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I eat good food and go to sleep. This combo dramatically improves my mood.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just quit playing and tell myself that this is just a game, and tomorrow I will definitely be lucky.

AD_all

AD_all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
There are a few things you can try when you are having a bad day at the poker table:
  1. Take a break: Step away from the table for a few minutes to clear your head and refocus.
  2. Adjust your strategy: If your usual strategy isn't working, try changing things up. For example, you could tighten your range of hands played, or play more aggressively.
  3. Analyze your mistakes: Take the time to reflect on any mistakes you made during the session. This can help you identify patterns or areas where you need to improve.
  4. Stay positive: It's important to maintain a positive attitude, even when things aren't going well. Remember that poker is a game of ups and downs, and you will have good days and bad days.
  5. Practice good bankroll management: Make sure you are not playing outside of your bankroll. If you are losing too much, it may be best to stop playing for the day.
Overall, it's important to stay patient and maintain a level head when you are having a bad day at the poker table. With practice and experience, you will learn how to manage your emotions and adjust your strategy to improve your results.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play until I win my money back and then I take usually take a week or sometimes even two off.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just stop and go do other things.
even because, bad days are the majority that await us in poker.:cautious::cautious::cautious:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a break for a couple of days , when things are going well at the tables. I have found thus helps, cause there are going to be days where you might hit a cold run. It also saves money , that's what works for me.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm taking a break. If it's a bad day and I'm not lucky, I just do nothing, rest, watch movies or go for a walk. I do not see the point in such days to continue playing and losing money.