Trash Talking online

fa_max4

fa_max4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to trash talk a lot, but i'm trying to change that. To be honest, I was doing it when I was tilting... so yeah I'm trying to keep it down.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chatter distracts. insults from other players are simply their ignorance and dementia. As a rule, these are weak players who simply have nothing to do at the table. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tournaments and keep the info tab on. I’m not really interested in anyone’s opinion. If I am, I’ll ask. I refuse to let someone else influence how I play.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those who have turned chat off are missing out on a ton of chips, waiting to be collected by those who are paying attention.

Chat - trash talkers are EXTREMELY spewy and if the opportunity presents itself where you can isolate the trash talker, you can take all his/her chips with less than premium hands. These players are maniac aggro players and are just looking to give away all there chips to someone who wants them.

TILT also comes forth in chat. When a player can recognize the change in play of a solid player after he takes a bad beat or looses consecutive hands, they TILT hard and are just looking to give away chips with marginal holdings.

Chat is information - same as watching someone's facial expressions and mannerisms in live events.

Players can choose to stay in their protective bubbles when they play. I prefer to collect as much info on my opponents as I can and chat is just one additional source of information . :)

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't start it but I do respond. Most of the time it's in the freeroll. Hopefully it will lead to a bad decision from their part. But probably they are just trying to make you tilt.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those who have turned chat off are missing out on a ton of chips, waiting to be collected by those who are paying attention.

Chat - trash talkers are EXTREMELY spewy and if the opportunity presents itself where you can isolate the trash talker, you can take all his/her chips with less than premium hands. These players are maniac aggro players and are just looking to give away all there chips to someone who wants them.

TILT also comes forth in chat. When a player can recognize the change in play of a solid player after he takes a bad beat or looses consecutive hands, they TILT hard and are just looking to give away chips with marginal holdings.

Chat is information - same as watching someone's facial expressions and mannerisms in live events.

Players can choose to stay in their protective bubbles when they play. I prefer to collect as much info on my opponents as I can and chat is just one additional source of information . :)
For all the time that I play in a club, I only saw a couple of times at the tables
it was seen new members who do not know what respect is in a certain community
more like I did not notice
all club players behave with respect to each other at the table without expressing emotion rudeness
chat is mostly always silence
just do not pay attention to these players
mongrel always barks at the elephant[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that people who talk trash online is always the worst players and they will lose if you are patient. I just laugh and collect :-D

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I don't think those guys would have the balls to say the things they say in a live game. They're so though behind their computer.

Very true, most people would not say that to your face. They are just hiding behind their computers coz there is not consequences.

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once encountered a racist trashtalking me because of my flag. He was saying things about my country being primitive, uneducated and full of savages.

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know

Why do people feel the need to be mean online saying things they should never think much less type or say. It isn't just to me I have seen people gang up on a player due to something that was not a big issue. but anyways I try to ignore it but sometimes when it is off the table and in a chat room I take a little more offense because I am under the belief we are all here to be friendly and chat and possibly learn something or teach someone something. But nope even here there as to be a AH.. I hope to meet more nice professional level people. Good luck out there The_Bandit

I witness this several times and I just feel pity for these people. If you see them in person probably they can’t even talk to you

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I witness it serveral times on the table on live too. People can get emotional out of control and start to talk shit after a bad beat. Or someone call with a terrible hand on a bluff. To me those people are like a clown. Lol..

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just turn off the coarse player chat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest I am guilty of sometimes berating people in the chat. As many others have written, its tilt. It happen, when I am frustrated about losing, and then I write things like “nice hand fish”, “donkey” or something in that ballpark.

Its a bad idea for many different reasons. First of all its rude, and I would not behave like that in a live game, so why do it online. This is the same problem, we see with all social media. Because we are sitting in front of our screen, many people write things, they would never say to a person face to face.

Second its typically bad players, who get berated, and the last thing, we want bad players to do, is to become better, or to feel embarrassed and stop playing. So why give free poker lessons at the table. After all I would not have complained about their bad play, if I won that hand, where they chased to hard after some ridiculous draw, so I am just being a bad loser.

Finally it inform the entire table, you are tilting, which makes you an obvious target for anyone paying attention. So if you feel that urge to let someone know, what a huge donkey he is, its probably a better idea to sit out and take a break, until you have calmed yourself down. That can be anything from 10 minutes to several days, depending on how bad the tilt is.

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that people who talk trash online is always the worst players and they will lose if you are patient. I just laugh and collect :-D
Sounds like you have a lot of experience of people talking trash:eek:

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you have a lot of experience of people talking trash:eek:

Probably say more about me then them :p:p:p

F

Frank F

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars rules forbid insulting other players, but I saw a lot of people insult other's. I once saw a player wishing for another player to get cancer because he beat him. Incredible.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars rules forbid insulting other players, but I saw a lot of people insult other's. I once saw a player wishing for another player to get cancer because he beat him. Incredible.

This can absolutely get your account banned, if someone report it. From pokerstars.com website:

"7. OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE OR CONTENT
The User is prohibited from posting any unlawful, indecent, racist, obscene, libelous, defamatory or threatening material or any material that would violate any law or generally be considered to be offensive, via the Service whether using the chat function with respect to which please refer to the Card Room Rules, the player images option or in correspondence with The Stars Group's staff."

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to micro-stakes donkey's, fishy's, chickeny's and tiltery's:fight:

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always keep in mind that they - after they have calmed down - themselves also know that it was just a standard situation.

Anyways, best not to pay attention, turn off the chat.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Here's the thing:

Trash talks for trash people;

Good talks for good people;

Many talks for suckers;

No talks for good poker players.

True story!:)

joe mckenzie

joe mckenzie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people have a hard time bearing a tough beat or loss, I personally use to be like that but as I've grown a little older I've found ways to cope with all that pent up anger. Poker is something that I enjoy because it's such a beautiful game with so much to offer

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't ever trash talk , players I look at it as gambling. Players play certain hands they feel they can win. I dont ever respond to trash talking. I just ingore everything people say, or complain hands i play. I look at it as, it is my call and no one can tell me what to play or hands i should call with.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit I used to a little when others were, years ago.. but now it either no talk or good talk.. and I do like to throw trophies (at 888) for a good hand or play. Maybe an egg for a bad beat lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit I used to a little when others were, years ago.. but now it either no talk or good talk.. and I do like to throw trophies (at 888) for a good hand or play. Maybe an egg for a bad beat lol

Or if someone just made a really bad play and lost a big pot, then send him a trophy and hope, it put him on tilt. Its fairly childish, but its less bad than typing something in the chat. Have to admit, that I missed the feature, when I recently went back to Stars LOL.

C

ChrystalClear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trash talkers usually end up tilting and then you get the satisfaction of saying gg when you knock them out!