Trash Talking online

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people don't even have the chat on so trash talking doesn't really work most of the time.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well there is no more chat on ACR so that's the end of that. Miss it sometimes though.

Hi! Player´s chat is currently working and active, hope it works for you, if not, please contact our cs reps to give you further assistance:)

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trash talking can bite them in the butt, I was playing Omaha on a cash table, a couple guys started telling how I play, (not really), and then another joined in. They helped me make money by everyone else thinking I was only betting low, when actually I was betting both and sometimes only getting one or the other.
I usually turn off chat anyway and just keep it on the stats.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a lot of drinks I will try to chat with anyone who will engage with me. I start out friendly but if I can't get anyone at the table talking, throwing in some criticism about poor play usually does the trick ...

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do people feel the need to be mean online saying things they should never think much less type or say. It isn't just to me I have seen people gang up on a player due to something that was not a big issue. but anyways I try to ignore it but sometimes when it is off the table and in a chat room I take a little more offense because I am under the belief we are all here to be friendly and chat and possibly learn something or teach someone something. But nope even here there as to be a AH.. I hope to meet more nice professional level people. Good luck out there The_Bandit
Because they are ignorant and suck at cards so their only strategy is to attempt to get under your skin. I find they are usually uneducated and thin skinned themselves. It really bothers me so i find myself firing back at them even when their original comment was not directed at me. They are easily out witted and tilt swiftly for most part. If not they at least shut up!

E

E V A N

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m glad to see it when my opponents are trash talking. Usually they are tilting which means they are going to play a wider hand range which is exploitable

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even have chats on, when playing online poker. I never see what players are saying , I don't even pay attention to those things. I guess players think by saying things it throws them off. I don't even respond to players chatting, anyways so I don't see any trash talking. Lol plus I am drinking and enjoying myself trying to win tourneys.

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or if someone just made a really bad play and lost a big pot, then send him a trophy and hope, it put him on tilt. Its fairly childish, but its less bad than typing something in the chat. Have to admit, that I missed the feature, when I recently went back to Stars LOL.
I'm pretty sure it still works if you enable "extra animations and features" in the settings

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I wonder if these guys are really adults. It is mostly when they are losing ar feeling the pressure. I guess some of them are just lonely.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to do this, i dont remember doing this in years, though.

PokerStars chat moderators used to come trash talk me at the table all the time, they liked me so much that i got a perma ban. Now they are confused as to why i was even banned in the first place, calling me a sports betting addict who self excluded himself from PokerStars (nope, you guessed it. Ive never bet on sports unless it was a free bet).

Possibly a 'pattern' for you... no?