Trash Talking online

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do people feel the need to be mean online saying things they should never think much less type or say. It isn't just to me I have seen people gang up on a player due to something that was not a big issue. but anyways I try to ignore it but sometimes when it is off the table and in a chat room I take a little more offense because I am under the belief we are all here to be friendly and chat and possibly learn something or teach someone something. But nope even here there as to be a AH.. I hope to meet more nice professional level people. Good luck out there The_Bandit

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do people feel the need to be mean online saying things they should never think much less type or say. It isn't just to me I have seen people gang up on a player due to something that was not a big issue. but anyways I try to ignore it but sometimes when it is off the table and in a chat room I take a little more offense because I am under the belief we are all here to be friendly and chat and possibly learn something or teach someone something. But nope even here there as to be a AH.. I hope to meet more nice professional level people. Good luck out there The_Bandit

It is annoying to watch and immature, and gets old for me also. The only English words many seem to know is "fish", "donk", and "chicken". :rolleyes:

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are one of those who can not hold his tongue, can not cope with emotions and does not see anything wrong in the fact to obmaterit opponent, then just turn off the chat. In fact, there are several reasons against inappropriate chat behavior.
First, your account may be blocked because of too abusive behavior in the chat. Yes, Yes, it happens. History knows cases when the accounts of some players have been blocked twice because of the insults in the chat.
Secondly, opponents unite in the game against you. Once you tell all your opponents who they really are, the motivation of these players will change dramatically. Now the prize pool of this tournament will not matter. The main goal – to knock you out of the game.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here's the thing:

Trash talks for trash people;

Good talks for good people;

Many talks for suckers;

No talks for good poker players.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I don't think those guys would have the balls to say the things they say in a live game. They're so though behind their computer.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I don't think those guys would have the balls to say the things they say in a live game. They're so though behind their computer.

I think they just do things without really thinking.. is anything can happen? Not really, even if you block their chat, they can still say whatever they want. Nobody will stop them.

There're places where I play live poker where words are just banned and you can be disqualified for using them.. like "donkey", "fish", any set of words attacking someone beginning by the f-word.. I'm not sure these players would make it to the second round.. of betting :D

I'm also about to study an hypothesis.. Trash talkers are player who were watching Pokémon.. I watched the first two seasons on the side of Pokémon this week with a kid I took care of and... wow, these kids ind the series know how to trahs talk big time!!!:D:D

BTW: Often, trash talking gives informationS, with a capital « S »

-TRP-

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep hate when somebody write to me You fu.... Pole

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hmmm Number "6" Stalker Alert

But most of the Interesting points in this You Tube Link are pretty obvious indications that Trash Talk relates to intelligence and lack of it or at least lack of experience and wisdom lol

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do people feel the need to be mean online saying things they should never think much less type or say.

I don't really know. Its generally gratuitous and doesn't give them an edge. I am quick to block.

If you're going to say something say something friendly or generic. Its a game. Let's enjoy ourselves.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Just block the chat and relax, man. It's not a secret that there are lots of stupid/annoying/weird people around you, are you going to be so sensitive to all of them? If you feel uncomfortable, wall of the people you don't like and enjoy your game.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't pay attention to chat when I play.

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Trsha talking online

Waste of time if you ask me. Seems today so many people are so sensitive to light hearted issues or meaningless ones. I can think of many more important issues facing humanity today. But people tend to be distracted or more focused on less important issues.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tons of talking trash all the time. "You are a donkey, donk" blah blah blah
I just ignore people like that. Simple like that. If the cards are focus why you bother for a comment? who cares. Be happy

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
irl "trash talking people" is a part of our life, we just leaving them with their trash alone. and same thing we should do in online(not only in poker)

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, too, try to put not to pay attention) not adequate many people, and if each time swears in the answer, regulation such same as he) so that ignore

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad people feel very safe talking behind a computer screen. But I think over time, they will see the negative result they are producing and the frequency of offenses will tend to decrease. Hardly a person over 50 years old is offensive. This is something of young people still without maturity.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trash talking will be always. But for some time i didnt seen it at all... Because i have chat turned off (about 2 years) :D I need to be focused on game, not on talking.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I first started playing online, I didn't realize you could disable chat and I found it hard to deal with the attitude and trash talking of some players. After I discovered that I could turn it off, it made the game much more enjoyable for me. I could just concentrate on my play. Now I keep chat off completely. Already hard enough to concentrate when playing online. No need to also deal with crazy people.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a simple, one word explanation for this:
TILT

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star