can be a strategyin order to annoy the people at the table

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand how you feel, Sometimes it annoys me as well, but to be totally honest I have done it myself on occasion, but usually I wait until I make the money, that way I can ladder up a little higher, by making use of my time bank.
It is a common mistake by many players who don't use their time bank to ladder up higher in the prize money, but again it all depends on how much it is and how far you can get, I don't usually bother if it is a free-roll and I certainly don't do it on the final table, as there are no other tables where players can go out before you.
9 player Sit and Goes are a prime example where I wouldn't bother using my time bank unless I wanted to appear weak to aggressive players when I have hit the nuts on the flop, and I want them to try and force me off a hand.
Sometimes it is not of their choosing, if they lose connection or the phone rings etc, there are a number of times when I have had to answer the door or phone when I am involved in a hand, and it looks like I am trying to drag it out longer but I am away from the computer, there have been times when my Wife makes a late Dinner and I have to sit out for a while.
So we have to put up with it and like you say "Oh Well I played my best, So be it" that is why I never go on tilt because you have to accept it and move on to the next game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

What he said "I understand how you feel, Sometimes it annoys me as well, but to be totally honest I have done it myself on occasion, but usually I wait until I make the money, that way I can ladder up a little higher, by making use of my time bank." :sleep:Then I see this in chat box alot..lolzzzzzzz :sleep:

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before i opened the thread, i just knew that tanking was going to be the compliant. Since i have come back to play on a more regular basis, tanking is definitely something that is common across the board, it never used to be like that. I have no doubt these people are looking at their charts etc. Me personally, i cannot be bothered looking at charts or whatever.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
People are just trying to get you tilted

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is poker and not a car race. I don't care how people play, slow or fast. But poker is also a game of patience and if you don't have patience you should probably play something else where there is more action. But there is always something to complain about, sometimes it's because people are playing too slowly, sometimes it's because people always go all-in preflop. the fact is you can't impose your own game on anyone and you just have to deal with it

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably one of the main problems would still be the loss of the Internet connection in an important distribution

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The reason for the players' long thinking is, of course, playing on multiple tables.
What if they don't play at multiple tables?
Maybe they are eating something during this time. Therefore, their movements are slowed down so as not to soil the keyboard. :D

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, yes, when you play long-term tournaments and this often happens, I get a little pissed off, but it's tolerable.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times I'm just multitasking because I get bored of just playing poker. Other times I hold the time because I can.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
of the game

But this is a feature
of the game
everyone does it without exception
or what I think is ridiculous is a chip leader guy or a lot of chips using all the time bar there I think it's very ugly

A

aircable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If short stack and close to the bubble wasting time to play less hands can be a worthwhile strategy.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't stand it in multi-table tournaments when a player comes to play roulette, not poker, but bet ALL-IN on every hand and you wait for a strong hand to play in the hand and he is lucky and he takes it It makes you mad when there are such stupid lucky people sitting at the tables!

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bro, sometimes ppl play poker at background dont watching each hand, as i do, ima walking to the kitchen drinking, smoking, play other table, watching youtube..maaybe in cash games its anoying but i prefer tourneys, they goes without hury.