This is one thing I can't stand while playing online

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I think these people are doing this on purpose to make other players mad lol

bosskms

bosskms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all that said there is still one thing that would certainly tilt the absolute nuts out of me. And that is if someone would chew gum with his mouth opened. Luckily for me its only a live poker issue.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each player plays the way he likes. If anyone has time, why not use it, even in freerolls . Personally, these players do not bother me.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take my time if close to bubble and low on chips but most of time i use about 10 seconds.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is one thing I can't stand at the poker table and it upsets me every time it happens.
That's not having the best hand at the show down. I just can't help it, it's upsetting.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of players are actually playing a lot of tables, maybe you're impatient to play fewer simultaneous tables. I don't know if I'm used to it, but for me, the average time it takes players to decide a hand is within the norm. Sometimes I take my time, trying to think why a certain player is playing this way, thinking ahead is always good, that's what the time bank is for, so that no one abuses these delays too much, in MTT, turbo especially, not least you it takes time on purpose, less time bank you'll have when you really need to think a little more.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I say it a lot and I will say it some more. I've got to the point where nothing I see at the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt at all. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there is still this one thing I can't stand. Some players will let the clock run down every hand even if they plan to fold. I mean they act like they are playing $5/$10 and have to put a lot of thought into their next move. Now don't get me wrong, every player is given time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be every hand? I think they have been watching the pros to much. Anyway, needed to get that off my mind. GL all

Sometimes they think that doing this will make a good impression on the table, helping to impose respect.

I believe the best weapon against this is just to ignore it.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I honestly don't care. Poker for me in addition to being a hobby I can earn a few dollars and each player has his style, tilted, dumb like me, stupid, mocking, we have several types of players including naps.

A

Afshin2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they are playing multi tables or they are doing on purpose it is annoying , but we have to be calm and manage our feelings and be patient

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I act so fast most all of the time that people think I'm a bot. Some guy said something about it last night when I was playing. Accused me of being a bot that is. I wonder if people complain about it because that test to see if you're a bot has come up on me quite a few times.

O

ozrock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you to a point. It seems many players are acting like they are playing in the wsop. On the flip side, I have been guilty of this when I am trying to both help my disabled wife, make dinner, or some other task which isn't complicated and I can do both at the same time.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant stand that player with way more chips than anyone else and wins every hand.. Just sayin...

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is one thing I can't stand at the poker table and it upsets me every time it happens.
That's not having the best hand at the show down. I just can't help it, it's upsetting.

Join the club - we have hats. :D:D:D

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say it a lot and I will say it some more. I've got to the point where nothing I see at the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt at all. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there is still this one thing I can't stand. Some players will let the clock run down every hand even if they plan to fold. I mean they act like they are playing $5/$10 and have to put a lot of thought into their next move. Now don't get me wrong, every player is given time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be every hand? I think they have been watching the pros to much. Anyway, needed to get that off my mind. GL all

I have only 1 situation when it disturbs me. Usually happens on freerolls, micros - try to avoid these anyway. (Some loser players even do it on hyper, what really make no sense, basically they make sure they will lose, at least no ITM, definitely no FT + they f*ck away the other 5-8 players' tourney, too...)
When we are in the money, the buyin came back, so by common sense, you want to be on FT, top3, but they keep slow play by purpose. (Even on turbos, hypers.) Have no idea why - maybe they think for 0,5-2 bucks more it is worthy??? Meantime they never ever will have top3 results. Anyway, good there are players like these, they are the all time losers, but agree, can be annoying.

Otherwise, most of the time, it doesnt bother, usually have reasons, multi tabling 6-8+ tables, before bubble, bigger tourney, especially last 2 tables, the pay jump, satties before the tickets etc.

Play hypers, they don't do it there from low+ level, i saw it just before ITM bubble. Or SNG turbo, hypers, there nobody does it by purpose, max. because of multi-tabling they can act later.

CG case, it must be mostly because of multi table playing, or they think they can sell something with that to the opponents or simply make them upset, force them to tilt by this. Rarely works, so dont see any point.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yea this guys combined are increasing the tournament time with 15-20%

F

fsquid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it can be a pain, I agree with some of the above. Maybe they are multitabling or maybe they over think things.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its because they play multiple tables at the same time.Some might do it thinking they can annoy others and make them do bad decisions so be aware of that. You should get used to it or try two or three tables with sound on so you don't miss your turn . Ideally you wouldnt need sound as its best to be like a hawk on every single table. Best of luck

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say a lot and I'll say a little more. It's gotten to the point where nothing I see on the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there's still one thing I can't stand. Some players will let time pass with each hand, even if they plan to fold. I mean, they act like they're playing $5/$10 and have to think hard about their next move. Now, don't get me wrong, every player has time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be all hands? I think they have been watching the professionals a lot. Anyway, I needed to get it out of my mind. GL all
the main issue is that the only thing that makes the opponent think is the time it takes you to play if you play fast it is difficult to deceive the opponent. and the time it takes you to play ends up stressing your opponent and making it easier to win.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the main issue is that the only thing that makes the opponent think is the time it takes you to play if you play fast it is difficult to deceive the opponent. and the time it takes you to play ends up stressing your opponent and making it easier to win.

but... is your opponent monkey or human

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Use the time to do some stretching or some other short exercises that you would otherwise take extra time for. Or think about the table dynamics and mentally play through a few scenarios of how you would behave against individual players on the table in different situations.

When I play this out for myself, I often even wish that player had let more time pass.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think it often happens in the context of multi-tabling when you notice that some players need more time for their moves or around the bubble in MTTs.

In cash games, depending on the situation, it can also be of a tactical nature if the opponents keep you waiting.

Just stay cool, stick to your game plan and don't let anything upset you. :)

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Roll a blunt and chill 😄