This is one thing I can't stand while playing online

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
I say it a lot and I will say it some more. I've got to the point where nothing I see at the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt at all. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there is still this one thing I can't stand. Some players will let the clock run down every hand even if they plan to fold. I mean they act like they are playing $5/$10 and have to put a lot of thought into their next move. Now don't get me wrong, every player is given time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be every hand? I think they have been watching the pros to much. Anyway, needed to get that off my mind. GL all

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Total posts
I’m not sure why this matters but I absolutely knew that this what this thread was going to be about. Players take much, much longer live, in many cases even when it comes to folding.

If someone is a robot, or has charts in front of them that tell them which hands they will play, sure they can fold right away.

With that being said, the player you are talking about, could be multi tabling, could be thinking things through at a different rate than others, or could simply be taking long on purpose because they know people don’t like it, and may target them.

I completely understand the point but I always feel as though those who bring this up are simply impatient and quite frankly without attempting to come off rude, it’s hard to imagine those who would get bothered by this type of thing to go far in a multi table tournament. Stick to turbos and potentially even cash games.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Does this happen in tournaments or cash games? It you play MTTs, some people will "stall" near the bubble to increase their chance of making it into the money without losing a lot of chips to the blinds and antes. This will only occur for maybe 5% of the total duration of the MTT, so just calm down and look for the action to speed up, when the bubble has burst. If its cash games, then most likely those people are busy with decisions on other tables. That can be a bit annoying for sure, but as someone else said already, its nothing compared to the amount of time, some players will take in live poker.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Total posts
Others said prety much all. I would just add that in order to win you gota be on top ofyour emotions. Whatever thing starts to make you angry - you must notice it right away and work it through. Just find a way out of these circumstances or get some barriers to not deal with them.
With all that said there is still one thing that would certainly tilt the absolute nuts out of me. And that is if someone would chew gum with his mouth opened. Luckily for me its only a live poker issue.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Total posts
I say it a lot and I will say it some more. I've got to the point where nothing I see at the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt at all. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there is still this one thing I can't stand. Some players will let the clock run down every hand even if they plan to fold. I mean they act like they are playing $5/$10 and have to put a lot of thought into their next move. Now don't get me wrong, every player is given time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be every hand? I think they have been watching the pros to much. Anyway, needed to get that off my mind. GL all
I se this thing bullshit, because when you are in doubs it's ok to thinking about you will do , but in rest is bullshit.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
It seems to me that you are distracted in the game by all sorts of nonsense. In any case, my advice to you - try to use these unreasonable actions of other players for your own purposes.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. I don't like it, but it's not making me tile or anything. You are right, and I didn't think about them playing several tables. So that could be the problem. I'll start looking at it a little different. GL you all

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Total posts

This comes up all the time. Bottom line, if someone is allowed a certain amount of time to act, they get that time. Always. Every time.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Total posts
I don't know if its been mentioned but I run my clock to the same point each time regardless if I have a decision ready or not to avoid giving any timing tells.

B

benitwapasu

Rock Star
Total posts
I even see it in hand to hand play---now that is particularly pointless

D

dregan

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I don't like that either. But if you take a live game as an example, then online poker moves a lot faster.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. I don't like it, but it's not making me tile or anything. You are right, and I didn't think about them playing several tables. So that could be the problem. I'll start looking at it a little different. GL you all

The great thing about online is, you have a lot of control about the pace yourself. You can play more or less tables, and you can also play games with different speeds. In tournament poker turbos tend to play more hands per hour, or you can add more tables. As a cash player you can either add more tables yourself or play fast fold poker, where you dont have to sit and wait for someone to fold, if you intend to fold as well. So if this is an irritation, then my advice is to look to change some of those parameters, which you can control yourself.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all, but I'm not feeling very well today, so just going to keep this short.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Total posts

I don't play much cg, but generally, when i play cg or tourneys, i play on 4-6 tables, not rare when 8-10 tables are running in the same time, so often i get to the next table, when i almost run out of time, don't mention when it is difficult to decide what to do on 1 table, and next to that I am the one to act on other tables, as well.

When i play only 1-2 tables, i don't like to see it from others, but mostly i suppose, this is the reason. exceptions the tourney bubbles, where i do it by purpose, too, if it is worthy, like i am short stack near to the ITM

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Total posts
I think the reason that a lot of the players use all of their time every hand is because they are playing so many tables that they aren't even there when the winner of the hand is revealed.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
On the off chance you keep your chat box open while playing, never acknowledge you are bothered by this, uh, tactic.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Some people have problems with the Internet connection the network does not work well. They don't want to leave the tournament, they are waiting for it to work normally. Think about it before you accuse someone. Another option is that a person simultaneously plays in a tournament and at another table in another tournament. You can also think of other reasons for delaying if you connect your brains.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US

Your way ahead of the game with your attitude mate, I am the same way. I am a player who will take time on hands to think about my options and dont mind when others do the same but I hit the auto fold much of the time when I have junk hands. While I get why people may thing about what they want to do, There is nothing to think about with junk hands.

D

Dumixani

Rising Star
Total posts
Yep

Players like that really suck lol. It might be a technique they use to put you off your game.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards

If it puts you on tilt, then your opponent did a good job.

CaSpeR851

CaSpeR851

Enthusiast
Total posts
I think the reason that a lot of the players use all of their time every hand is because they are playing so many tables that they aren't even there when the winner of the hand is revealed.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
US
I'm on the fence w/this one. Yes... it's cumbersome and hair pulling but every player is given the same amount of time to use how they see fit to benefit their hand. I try to make use of this downtime like make a drink or take a hit, ya know something positive. :beer: :canabis: :marchmell

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
Thanks for the replies. I read them all. You know what? I have over come many things that happen at the tables, so why let this little thing bother me. GL you all

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Total posts

I totally feel this. I can't stand it. It pisses me off more than getting sucked out every 3.5 seconds... and I totally still tilt :D