This is one thing I can't stand while playing online

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not had to live that at the tables, neither in cash nor in tournaments, in tournaments only in bubble, but never a player who does it in all hands, maybe sometime and it was due to his internet connection, in A bodog poker room maybe more times but it is because when their turn comes the table does not appear but I have not had to live that of making time in all hands:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies, I read them all. I guess I will get over it, because I can't play buy-ins without cash. Now I'm different playing freerolls. I just sit back and they can take all the time they need. But all the times, we all have that time. GL you all

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say it a lot and I will say it some more. I've got to the point where nothing I see at the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt at all. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there is still this one thing I can't stand. Some players will let the clock run down every hand even if they plan to fold. I mean they act like they are playing $5/$10 and have to put a lot of thought into their next move. Now don't get me wrong, every player is given time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be every hand? I think they have been watching the pros to much. Anyway, needed to get that off my mind. GL all

There is still something that bothers you and they will use it to deconcentrate you and they are achieving it I think

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is thing that you have to live with that. That's a player's right to use his time to the end.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ll usually try to yell at the guy in chat and get other players to do the same. That crap is annoying as hell.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say it a lot and I will say it some more. I've got to the point where nothing I see at the tables bothers me. In other words, I don't tilt at all. I just say OH WELL and move on, but there is still this one thing I can't stand. Some players will let the clock run down every hand even if they plan to fold. I mean they act like they are playing $5/$10 and have to put a lot of thought into their next move. Now don't get me wrong, every player is given time to think, and I respect that. But does it have to be every hand? I think they have been watching the pros to much. Anyway, needed to get that off my mind. GL all
Maybe they know it bothers you - and when they see you on the table they do it intentionally.

Smart players find edges everywhere

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ll usually try to yell at the guy in chat and get other players to do the same. That crap is annoying as hell.
If someone does this to me - I will run my timebank down to zero every hand on purpose. lol
Hope we are on the same table soon. :cool::eek:

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The truth does not bother me, I think that everything that is part of the game and sometimes even helps you to think about a bad hand played or analyze the previous hand
and if they manage to bother you with that, maybe they will do it for that and they would be fulfilling the objective

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I clicked on this thread wondering, what the heck could this be about?? I am blown away this bothers some people so much! Most of the time I am quick to make my move when it is my turn, but sometimes I take the full amount of time given to think about what I am going to do. After reading this thread though I am seriously going to start using the entire amount of time given for each turn for sure! A friend of mine always does this too and I have questioned him and wondered why? Now I get it, and I am going to be doing it too! GL at the tables everyone!!!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that some players may be multi tabling but apart from that I agree with the writer of this post, it is annoying! There is no need to run your time down all the way on every hand it is just a waste of time.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Unfortunately, you have to deal with that kind of behavior among other things when playing online. In some replies, being multi-tabling was mentioned; that's understandable to a certain extent along with connection or some other technical issues, but when a player does it every single hand, it sure becomes annoying. We do need a little more time before making a decision in some particular cases, but most of the time it's no rocket science, so there's no need to defend an unethical behavior just because we have no choice but to deal with it.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% agree, I think a lot of novice players think it makes them look more professional. no just makes them an idiot. If you are going to fold, do not waste everyone's time, let he game play. There was one lady that said it was her time and she is going to use every second of it every turn. Will not say what I thought of that.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know exactly what you mean. It seems like they suffer from lack of attention, or get some type of inferiority complex. Be patient and understand them.

C

capo_asl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that these players play at several tables simultaneously or do not have a good internet connection, I still think that the number of tables you can play at the same time should be limited so as not to affect the other players, maximum 5 tables would be ideal.

J

JunebugSpade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugg

I can’t stand playing online for real money and doing extremely well in a tournament and in a hand which I know I’ll win then getting booted off from the server. That’s my favorite, it’s like stealing from me

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I clicked on this thread wondering, what the heck could this be about?? I am blown away this bothers some people so much! Most of the time I am quick to make my move when it is my turn, but sometimes I take the full amount of time given to think about what I am going to do. After reading this thread though I am seriously going to start using the entire amount of time given for each turn for sure! A friend of mine always does this too and I have questioned him and wondered why? Now I get it, and I am going to be doing it too! GL at the tables everyone!!!

The miscalculation in your thinking though is this will cause you to see a lot less hands per hour, limiting your ability to chip up.
But - I have tags on some players who complain about this all the time - so I do it to them - just to piss them off. :)

A

adjacentcape1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it really bothers you to the point that you can't play, the real best solution is to just reframe your mindset, and instead of becoming impatient with the players that are running down the clock, realize that it is a chance to practice concentrating and improving your focus.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time Bank for Days!

The miscalculation in your thinking though is this will cause you to see a lot less hands per hour, limiting your ability to chip up.
But - I have tags on some players who complain about this all the time - so I do it to them - just to piss them off. :)

Now this is a perspective I had not thought about. Letting my time run out on every hand definitely would mean less hands per hour and or less hands per session that I am going to be playing. I'm just going to follow your lead here and place tags on the players that it clearly bothers. Smart thinking!. I'll be putting notes on other players for just about everything. Like you said any way to gain that edge. !:D > :mad:

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's understandable in mtt when you are in the bubble or money jump and the opponent is short stack but I can imagine your frustration of this kind of player in cash game

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing I can't stand playing online is people pushing all-in on every hand for the first 5 hands. On the basis there's no point in playing the tourney if you don't double up so you can survive the blinds rising.

But IRL if you've gone out to a tourny and paid your buy-in and had to wait to start playing and find your seat and check your chips, you're not going to just shove them in with anything for several hands, it's just not the same.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I understand how you feel, Sometimes it annoys me as well, but to be totally honest I have done it myself on occasion, but usually I wait until I make the money, that way I can ladder up a little higher, by making use of my time bank.
It is a common mistake by many players who don't use their time bank to ladder up higher in the prize money, but again it all depends on how much it is and how far you can get, I don't usually bother if it is a free-roll and I certainly don't do it on the final table, as there are no other tables where players can go out before you.
9 player Sit and Goes are a prime example where I wouldn't bother using my time bank unless I wanted to appear weak to aggressive players when I have hit the nuts on the flop, and I want them to try and force me off a hand.
Sometimes it is not of their choosing, if they lose connection or the phone rings etc, there are a number of times when I have had to answer the door or phone when I am involved in a hand, and it looks like I am trying to drag it out longer but I am away from the computer, there have been times when my Wife makes a late Dinner and I have to sit out for a while.
So we have to put up with it and like you say "Oh Well I played my best, So be it" that is why I never go on tilt because you have to accept it and move on to the next game.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I run my time bar down all the time it has so many advantages, I find it slows down play if you have maniac going all in every hand early on, dont just let him bully, slow him down make him sweat, also I see short stacks quick fold with only a few players to the money and they get anted out when all they had to do was last another 20 seconds its not even like they are sitting out, they are present and fold making the next hand come quicker knocking them out quicker.

Then you have to consider ICM once in the money it can be wise to slow play and ladder up.

To sum up I do this almost every hand, its deliberate, poker is a marathon not a sprint.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
depending on the level of play
at the end of a tournament it is better to play slowly
it helps also at the buble time

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the many replies since I been gone. Since I posted this tread, I have changed to the point where it don't bother me. Besides, it's something that I tell other players that every one has the same time to think or whatever, and there is nothing that can be changed. I wonder why I would forget saying something about it one way, and then change up. Well GL you all