Slow Players

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! are people really complaining about online "tanking". I mean I understand live play is suffering from the nitwits who tank on a decision that they are going to check their whole range or bet the whole range. What happens is the $1/2 cash players are trying to copy the "high rollers" playing tourney poker.
BUT playing online poker most time banks are not long, and you must know that many "regs" will be playing the maximum amount of tables. Online players are not doing much tanking, in my opinion, IF they want to try and balance their timing, by waiting for 10 or 15 seconds, how can that really slow the game down. I think people need to think beyond what they are doing. IF you are playing a single table, you cannot be irritated over a 15-20 second pause when a "reg" has to make 7-10 decisions. At least that is my opinion

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
just get on everyone's nerves, I hope they'll make less time for players to move faster

Argylegreg

Argylegreg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its occasional, then it can be the many factors mentioned as distractions, the ones who do it every hand, from the start, are IMHO just trying to look clever or lull you in to the impression they are able to hide something. I'm more concerned with players who show varience, they are more likely to know what they're doing and are more dangerous to bankroll in the long run! 😁

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everybody have the same time to think, go toilet etc. So only player must decide how to use it and other players must respect it

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are okay if you play more tables

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I've realized that sometimes if my connection is low, it takes time even if I already took action.
Anyway, I know what you mean, and it's kinda annoying, but you will play against all kind of players, so you just have to keep focus on your game.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In the past they annoyed me but now I don't really care anymore. I just open another table or Cardschat and I don't see I someone slowing the play :)
If you don't care then it's easy to not see am i right :unsure:
Still sadly that kind of people haven't gone anywhere (especially in cc games) ...

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion slow play is just a part of the game. I'm not used to spend all my reserv time, but if i see similar moves i try to be calm. In any case during the game emotions don't help me and i understand it.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Slow players frighten me and get nervous, because if a player thinks long after he raids or goes to all other

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen this in Cash Games!

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use emojis against slow players and not because they are annoying, but to spice up the game.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And you just don't pay attention, play several tables too, or analyze the previous hand, irritation during the game is definitely not what you need.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am him that you seek..

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I haven't seen it in cash games but makes sense sometimes in tourneys

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't really like slow players either. Although sometimes I play this game style too - to understand why it's good. I haven't figured it out yet:lol: :LOL:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many reasons to slow down.
For example, a player may be at several tables and does not have time to make decisions.
The actions in the hands happen very quickly.
There can be a lot of aggressive players at the table who put pressure on you to try to get them out of themselves, you need to slow down.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a game patience and strategy, if you are getting upset at slow players, they are doing there job to throw you off your game!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It drives me crazy when players take all there allowed time to either bet or fold. The blinds only get higher. so why slow play every hand? I can see maybe slow playing a little if it is close to final table and you are down in chips.but why every hand
It's normal to take too long on a bubble or before the next payjump , I consider my fast play to be a weakness in my game.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Slowing down the game in tournaments, stalling, of course, it is one of the most important before itm.
This used to be thought of as lack of courage, but today it is an important skill.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker loves the patient! This should always be remembered if you get frustrated by slow players, they will take advantage of it.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Many players push the time limit to get into the money. If you don't manage to build up a stack that is well above average, you primarily try to survive the bubble. There are many impatient players to hope for then. Seconds can really make the difference.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate slow players, in my opinion online poker doesn't take so long to play, sometimes when you're in a difficult situation against your opponent yes you should take time sometimes because you keep thinking about the best move, but this is rare to happen. so yeah i don't like slow players