Slow Players

M

Masacr33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
It drives me crazy when players take all there allowed time to either bet or fold. The blinds only get higher. so why slow play every hand? I can see maybe slow playing a little if it is close to final table and you are down in chips.but why every hand

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Multi tabling, talking on phone, distracted by television, preparing a meal, changing a diaper, someone at the table types ZZZZZZZZ, successful players now & then have actual decisions that require thought, etc. etc. etc, ad nausem. Focus on your game, take notes about the play of others at the table, note really slow players & where possible avoid playing with them, Do not do or say anything at table to let other players know slow play bothers you.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not had players who always take all the time, usually it is because they are close to the bubble, sometimes a player who takes time from the start but does not go beyond two or three hands

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Kenzie 96's comment is very accurate.
Bubbles usually take a long time to win a prize, at least I don't.
I'm just taking my time to analyze just one hand.
If I have any problems, it could be a phone call, a knock on the door or an emergency, I will return to the table and apologize.
That's why Deep Stake is a beautiful tournament, there are no problems with time
My regards, brother;);););)

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's precisely to make people like you nervous that this happens... If you notice, there is a change in the game's algorithm when the player takes this stance.

robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
for those who wait a long time in the balloon try to steal their big blinds

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It drives me crazy when players take all there allowed time to either bet or fold. The blinds only get higher. so why slow play every hand? I can see maybe slow playing a little if it is close to final table and you are down in chips.but why every hand
I think this often happens because they play too many tables and have a hard time controlling all the moves at the same time.
it's just my opinion.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is a lot of reasons, but the main reason is multi tabling. Also, when it's close to the prizes I also noticed that a lot of short stacked players start to use all their time (including me..lol)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Maybe those players have their own strategy to bide their time, I can't wait, I make quick decisions

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Perhaps players who play slowly, play a large number of tables, and therefore banally do not have time to make a decision. I also usually play 4 tables at the same time, but I make decisions quite quickly and very rarely use the extra time.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It annoys me too. Perhaps the player is young and uses programs or someone needs more time to make a decision. Personally, having experience playing, I make decisions quickly and rarely spend time thinking.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Everyone has the right to play as they see fit. When I start playing in a tournament, it means that I have free time and I'm not in a hurry. If my opponents play slowly, it's not a problem for me.
Good luck.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also annoyed me a lot, but over time I got used to it, it happens because players play too many tables, or stream their game and get distracted by chat discussions.

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah its pretty anyoing but you never know what other players are doing when playing online so sometimes its understandable I guess :/

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let them think as much as they want is their right,it doesn't bother me at all.If it annoys you, my advice is to open another table and you won't even notice it:)

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the past they annoyed me but now I don't really care anymore. I just open another table or Cardschat and I don't see I someone slowing the play :)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in reality these slow players are often experienced players trying to use psychology to stress the opponent and of course gain an advantage. I often do this depending on the tournaments.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yep it's annoying and rude to the other players, fortunately those type of players usually don't last long, I tend to think they don't know what they're doing if they have to think the entire time about every single decision... generally I put on music or watch a movie!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is annoying for sure.

I will sometimes let the clock run while writing notes or replaying a dubious hand. Sites with slow hand replayers and erratic note/label functionality make it difficult to just let the game run real-time while completing these tasks.

Folks who are playing too many tables need to play fewer tables. Folks who are running out the clock because the game is close to the bubble need to find something else to do in their spare time.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Each tournament is played by many different people and each has a different approach to the game. There are a lot of players analyzing each hand and taking more time to make a decision, and they sometimes play at multiple tables simultaneously. With so many players, smooth gameplay is sometimes hard to achieve.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I watched a video with a comment from a successful poker player saying that she always waits 10-15 seconds before making a decision. To a greater extent, she does this to confuse opponents, leave them guessing what cards she has.:cool:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched a video with a comment from a successful poker player saying that she always waits 10-15 seconds before making a decision. To a greater extent, she does this to confuse opponents, leave them guessing what cards she has.:cool:
If she’s doing that online, I doubt she’s that successful. Even live, there’s no excuse for doing it every hand. Just shows a lack of respect for the game and the players at her table.

Some people like to run the clock out when they have monsters. It’s kind of a strategy sometimes but you definitely don’t want to do it every time. Some people think that betting too quickly means you’re bluffing, so I slow my play down a bit now when bluffing.

A lot of it is perception, but in the end the best hand usually wins.

Last edited:
smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here are some ideas for slow players.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion, the slow players are not good and not bad... This is a simply reality. Notning more, and nothing less!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never know how many tables they play and how many sites