Sitting out ,do you try to steal chips ?

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely

When you see a player sitting out in the big blind do you try to steal his chips by bluffing?

There are no friends at the poker table. My job is to collect as many chips as I can!! With that in mind, of course I am going to steal the blind(s) whenever I can. It is the person I am playing againsts job to do the same while protecting the chips they already have. If a person chooses to sit out during a tournament they should expect EVERYONE to try to steal as many chips from that person that they can. That is why each of us play poker basically(the collection of chips). Not my fault the person loses connection or is just sitting out for some unknown reason(s). I’m there to win! Period!! You want to sit out at a table I’m at? Your choice!! But I will steal/take every single chip I can while you sit out!

Stay Safe

Z

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages of the tournament it is not profitable to steal the blinds as the blinds are too small. I only consider that in the middle of the tournament. The blinds are bigger and it's worth more. Still, I don't want to be hopelessly lost if the blind steal doesn't work. I want to have reasonably competitive hands. Face cards, suited connectors or small pocket pairs should be at least. It also depends on the opponents in the tournament. If there are many fish who often defend their big blinds, I won't try to steal the blinds that often. If I am at a very tight table I will try to steal blindls more often because it will work a lot more often.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely, if there are already a sufficient number of people in the bank besides me, then I will not bluff, and, perhaps, I will enter the hand with a worse hand than I could, because there is extra money in it.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's up to my position and opening before me.
UTG/MP mostly no. CO sometimes if rest of the players are tight. BU almost always. SB no need to place the answear. I also like when there are several sitting out after me and love when all the table is out :aetsch:.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you see a player sitting out in the big blind do you try to steal his chips by bluffing?
The other day in some freeroll i had the whole table sitting out, and just proceed to collect their blinds for like 10 minutes :eek::D;)

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Of course, this is the most excellent situation - when you can build up your chips.

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my I mostly try to sit out.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's common to have table-full sitting outs in freerolls, so it's a feeding frenzy, absolutely steal all the blinds.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do it every time and i don't think there is something wrong about that.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, what else can someone else do besides taking the chips from him, since he is unfortunately on sit out. So you have a good feeling at first not after the time you get used to it

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you try to steal chips, the whole point of the game is to get more chips than everyone else so get them by any means possible :D

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if there is such a possibility, because there is a method of stealing the blinds. But something quite different is interesting, Vanessa Cade on the anniversary handy million in handzap, when Dan Belzerian was in read, she did not take advantage of this situation, but simply waited for him to restore the connection. And then she simply outplayed him, thereby wiping Belzerian's nose.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course,it’s free chips after all.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Everyone does, it is all part of the game, and when you are on the button you should be raising with practically any 2 cards to try and steal the blinds, the mistake most players make is when one of the blind's call or re-raise you and you feel stupid, so you are forced to call them and then try to steal after the flop.
Here in the U.K. we call it getting caught with your fingers in the cookie jar.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

If I see a player sitting out, I try to steal both his small and big blinds. It is often easier to steal the SB because not as many people will fight over it so you really only have the BB to get through. So, when a player is sitting out, you have the opportunity to steal his BB and SB plus the BB of the person behind him (or her)

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And why not increase your bankroll? You should always think of yourself, not the guy out of the game.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Everyone likes to steal blinds especially from who sits out.:D That's part of poker game. It's quite often happens in spin and go, when you left heads up and your opponent lost the connection. But I was in other side too, chip leading in spin and go, lost connection, reconnected and game was already over.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Duh of course thats called winning lol

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Ofc , who doesnt ? we are here to win , this is fierce

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are trying to deceive your opponent by saying that a good hand does not actually exist, yes I do!

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely -- 'you need to be present to win' . . .

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It slightly depends on the situation. If a player doesn't turn up for the start of a tournament, then I'm going to steal his blinds as much as I can. I've played in some tourneys where I'm literally the only active player at the table and I will take full advantage of that.

On the flip side I have been at a final table when someone has internet connection issues and there was an argument in chat. Some said we should all tank to give him time to get back, while others wanted to take advantage of the free money. Personally, I wanted to tank, because I would like to think other players would do that for me in that situation. Apparently not everyone would...

Poker Chips - History of Chips