Sitting out ,do you try to steal chips ?

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Never,but I suspected players doing that so many times.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The name of the game is gaining/winning chips. If most players are sitting out, why not take advantage of the situation? If we didn't, we would be folding to a player that isn't even there. That doesn't make sense to me.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea we all been there probably. I'll be cool if som1 is losing service and wait. But those that sit out ,definitely raise and it will fold em. I sit out alot because I gotta sometimes and know its gonna happen to me. :damnmate:

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sure hate people who fold to a sit out.

I sit out if my ante/blind will put me all in. Its unnatural how many all ins sit outs can survive.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think "to steal" is the wrong descritption. On my opinion it's a present by your opponent. Why should you deny a present?

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the situation, it happens that you try to steal the blinds, but it’s important not to overdo it, otherwise you can stay without chips))

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I see a player on BB in sitting out, I will steal the blind with either hand. Moreover, I recently played a tournament where the entire table was in sitting out, filled a good stack. Yes, maybe it's a little unfair, but if you came to the game, then play

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course! If the player is not sitting at the table at any time during a tournament, their money still gets put in and their hand is folded. End of discussion.

O

olivercito3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he is sitting out yeah i min raise him and take some BB

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always take free chips if someone is sitting out. I feel bad but its war out there and gotta do what you gotta do.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, I’ll do it as much as I can. There have been times where I am the only 1 at a table not sitting out in an 888 free roll, so i just keep min raising every hand, until either until another player is actually present, or I get moved, or I’ve gotten all the chips from every player and the table closes. I have done it in heads up situations too, and I’ll keep doing it because if I were sitting out another person would do the same to me. They would be a fool not to.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, why not? I sometimes sit out too and I guess other players do the same to me. That's how it works.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep playing, if the opponent is not there it is not my problem.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

are you there for winning a game or for charity?
I play to win every time
Rgds

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the times...lol what else are you suppose to do?

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always but aware that the players still to play might notice your move.

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I triple click the raise button to try and speed it up to get more lol.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you are on the SB and the BB is sitting out and all folded to you, then it's an obvious steal (min-raise). But if there are players between you and the BB, it's not worth taking a chance with a garbage hand, but you can try stealing with any marginal hand though.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always raise someone when they are in the blinds and sitting out. Pooey on that, you snooze you loose :p

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup, no shame in it. Especially in those freerolls where no one shows up.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes, it is part of the game to try to steal blinds from opponents, much more if I notice any weakness in their game, that is where I will take advantage when they do not know how to defend their blinds.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some times I would try to steal chips from a sitter, but if there are other players at the table you have to be wary of how much more they want to steal them.
So you need a valid starting hand otherwise you could end up getting stung yourself.
I have on one occasion been the only valid player at a table and every hand I just had to click the raise button to take all the blinds but as it was in a MTT it was not long before another player moved onto the table and then it was fireworks between us who was going to steal more.
It was unfortunate for him that every time I put in a 2X raise he would push all-in just to steal so I waited for a decent hand and when he pushed I was ready for him and snap called with a monster lol.

Poker Chips - History of Chips