Sitting out ,do you try to steal chips ?

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't understand anyone folding to a sitout. it is free chips. I've seen sitouts make the money which is just stupid

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, usually i go for a min raise to especially from late positions

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'd be crazy to not raise against a sit out. Especially if it comes down to just you and them. It is free money and their fault for not being present. Take anything you can get in poker

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen sitouts make the money which is just stupid

I've seen it too. It's almost certainly the case the small blind didn't notice the person was sitting out. No reason to let them take the pot.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen them sat out the whole game and every time they are all in they win. It's a good way to get a table tilted. Whats worse though is that when 2 or more players call to try and get them out, one of the idiots then bets into the dry pot on the flop causing the other players to fold, and the better has nothing so the sitout takes the pot.

Some sites will remove sit out players after the first level or so if they haven't returned. But otherwise there's not much can be done. Greedy players are worse than sitouts.

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are sitting out, I am always min raising them in the blinds. Its a good thing to notice and make a note of, you could possible grab yourself a few extra big blinds before the rest of the live players at the table realize what you're doing.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree that its silly that players can sit out and make the money. You should always raise against a sit-out, especially heads up. Just min raise and steal their big blind. The problem I'm having recently is that with ACR's new software, you can't tell if someone is sitting out. It will show you when you sit out, but not other players.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that its silly that players can sit out and make the money. You should always raise against a sit-out, especially heads up. Just min raise and steal their big blind. The problem I'm having recently is that with ACR's new software, you can't tell if someone is sitting out. It will show you when you sit out, but not other players.
What do you think is a reasonable open raise?

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I not sure if I understand. There are other to make action? Whats my position? But if I am SB and every one folds or just limp, course I'm raising.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The problem I'm having recently is that with ACR's new software, you can't tell if someone is sitting out. It will show you when you sit out, but not other players.

It is not that hard to figure out whether anyone is sitting out or are about to do it ... ;)

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love when this happens ! Definitely happens quite a bit, especially when registration is open for days ahead. Happened to me the other day on a freeroll, just me and another guy until I got him all in, then scooped up all the rest. Ended up with 1000 BB before I met other players again. I actually prefer that sit outs are not identified like on party poker; often people are unaware and that gives you a big advantage.

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you always raise a minimum bet. Why not, its a guaranteed win with just you and the other player.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a no brainier, nothing wrong with getting those unattended chips,they need a good home--lol

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I wont is when I have a giant stack and we're close to the bubble. One of my favorite things in online poker is this situation, where you try to keep the short-stacked-sitting-out player in as long as possible, so you can continue stealing blinds from everyone else at the table who are being overly cautious because of the situation.

P

PST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
often

There's a saying:
Steal blinds often, but not too much.
If they're not playing, their blinds are fair game. If the SB defends, not as much. With strong cards, it's a certainty.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. I just min raise to be safe.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blind stealer

Yes I do. Every chance I get. Defend your stack or be eaten alive. And it may influence another player to make the call

S

Skillstone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess anyone would lie if it didn't happen to them at least once... myself included!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
hello
I steal chips all the time.
why wouldn't anyone do it?

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always steal chips sometimes it happens that all players on the table except me are sitting out and its the best time to build a stack :) But the min raise rule is really important because one I went all in but the guy next to me was suddenly online

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. Its a pretty fun ethical debate. I say yes, steal chips - especially if you know that person. :) But honestly - we're all playing and at the end of the day we're trying to accumulate as many as possible. Get them while they're free it's on that person to be there.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to be carefull. i have seen players sit out untill they get a wopper hand then bet after a player tries to steal thier chips. its all about timminng

Poker Chips - History of Chips