Make bankroll through freeroll myth or reality?

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can,in the long term

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's possible, but very difficult and takes a lot more time than needed. I've made several hundreds dollars from freerolls, but it never lasts because I don't have the patience for bankroll management and enter large tournaments.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You *can* build a bankroll, but most freeroll formats are so cheap. I've built a bankroll up from literally nothing to over $180. The secret is to play private freerolls offered by organizations/groups (like the cardschat freerolls). There is a much higher rate of return and winning one will jumpstart your bankroll.

Also, make sure you manage your bankroll and don't risk more than 2ish% of your roll in a single tourney. You need room to survive bad beats and variance.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll bankroll

You *can* build a bankroll, but most freeroll formats are so cheap. I've built a bankroll up from literally nothing to over $180. The secret is to play private freerolls offered by organizations/groups (like the cardschat freerolls). There is a much higher rate of return and winning one will jumpstart your bankroll.

Also, make sure you manage your bankroll and don't risk more than 2ish% of your roll in a single tourney. You need room to survive bad beats and variance.

Absolutely good advice, I have never deposited $$$ in ACR or GG poker and only minimum in 888 and pokerstars and except for PokerStars I have a usable if not decent bankroll. I have in the past been as high as $200 on one sight but of course I got cocky and tried some higher level entries to only get brought back down to reality, my ability as a recreational player is suited to Micro entry MTTs and SitNGos, and at that level I am able to maintain a small bankroll and play daily on their money, love it:):):)

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everything is possible with a lot of discipline, it always depends on yourself what you make of your happiness, in my opinion, I think it is realizable and feasible

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can, but all in due time ... you always have to persevere while you improve

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To built a bankroll is absolutly possible. But it is hard work and needs a lot of discipline and skills. I play only on 888 and on Pokerstars. On 888 i play only Freerolls and collect the money. On Pokerstars i play freeroll and if i win money i invested in low stakes tourneys. On Pokerstars exist a lot of freerolls were you can bust your bankroll. But if you not using the bankroll management, you loose your money from the freerolls very fast. So you can play only small sng or micro tournaments.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you can. I've done zero to 100 multiple times. And always tilts and loses it all in few minutes.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the luck is on your side everything is possible for example soon i played spin & go 1$ buyin and it spins a 120$ so everything is possible ! so good luck to all;D

P

peo237

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s entirely possible to make a bankroll out of freerolls, although it’s probably best not to give up your day job straight away as it’s not going to make you a millionaire overnight. Treat it as a bit of fun.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is all real,you just need to stick to bankroll management

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing cardschat's freerolls is more than possible to make a bankroll, it takes to win tournament and u will make almost 20$, the minimum bankroll to start grinding up from sit and go's is about 5$ which is pretty easy amount to get from freerolls.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a local freeroll, which brought me about $ 20 and a couple of times entered the prize places.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll managment

you can make a bankroll through freerolls, but as you describe, the path is very thorny, as I do, if I win about $ 50 in freerolls, I go to the second stage, this is a cash game ,there are of course many risks, but you can quickly increase the amount and the 3rd stage of the game in micro-limit tournaments with a bankroll of $ 200, and there you can go further up the limits, if you

P

Phalanxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it myself and I can say it is a long (very long) road.
Then i changed to the micro cash games, which is more risky and I made my small little bankroll. You have to be patient.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the same idea. If you can´t to survive with the bakroll with the freeroll tournament. Never you can to have the control to survive with your money in the real tournament. But, I think tha to survive in the freeroll and to win money is very dificcult because of the percent of reawards.

A

admiralrp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes you have to control, you can make it if you try, just be aware

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can make it through reality as I have done so. My winnings at Absolute Poker have now become somewhere near 50000.00 cause at the time bitcoin was cheap enough. Not anymore.

Beatlebug

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going this on way. I want to start playing without investing money. I had success in poker school, this is second place. But then I gave up poker, now I want to go back and start over.

it's a long way, but it's really reachable!:cool:
You don t put have the succes in poker if you don t invest money, especially in online ...

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i invested 100$ in pokerstars
my bankroll is now over 250$ by playing zoom and only the good hands
some days i loose but at the end i'm in the positif
good luck to you if you start from Zero

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been playing freerolls and forum buy ins for many years my bankroll is really small but i don't worry about management as i just like to play

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with Cardschat freerolls, our dreams of not depositing and building bankroll is now a reality

CaSpeR851

CaSpeR851

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can build a bankroll with freeroll tournaments. I say this because I started with a number of profits of a few cents and my biggest profit is $ 84 and I have a profit of $ 50.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been slowly building one with freerols and penny series on ACR

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management