Is it possible to make 200€ a month?

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that yes, it´s possible! You must learn and play a lot of hands :) You need time and patience :) Good luck!!

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 6 max cash games it's absolutely possible even for a 5nl player to make the higher end of those sorts of figures per month.Possibly also look in to getting a deal on a smaller site where your getting 30% to 35% rakeback as well as that is going to be a big boost to your monthy winnings.You can play the larger sites in the low traffic hours when the games aren't running to good on the smaller site.If you need any further advise you can always give me a pm or ask in this thread.

Excellent I get my friend and his predisposition to continue helping to evacuate doubts is very good. regards

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
es posible siempre y cuando apueste en grande y juegue torneos de alto pago

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely possible, but normally when you hear of someone winning x amount per month it means that's their average monthly winnings over a longer period of time. You need to make sure your bankroll can support prolonged downswings and you can't rely on this average monthly winnings to be there every single month. Say you win exactly $100 every month for 5 months, obviously your winrate is $100/month. However, if you win 200 in month 1, then lose 400 the next month, then win 200 in months 3 and 4 and finally win 300 in the final month, your winrate is still $100/month. Make sure you're not going to struggle to put food on the table in month 2 in that scenario.

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why do you recommend doing it in omaha? is it less level or knowledge?
Please show me where I said I recommend playing omaha?
That was just a fact that there are people who doing poker for living

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing it is possible to make money from poker , but you should spend all your time and be patient.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It heavily depends on the skill and mind sets you have. Before starting to play you shall read and ingrain couple of quality books. I advice you to choose one: like 6 max, full ring, 1 table SNG, MTT, etc.. and try to become an expert on one of them. And also you shall keep 1:1 rule (1 session study: 1 session playing). Moreover you need to get ready for downswings even when you play your A game. For this I advice you to read Jared's Mental Game of Poker.

If you do the above then earning 200Euros per month on average should be a piece of cake :)

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why do you recommend doing it in omaha? is it less level or knowledge?
Sorry, some thread got mixed up or I read very wrong haha ​​excuse me

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know of we can do that. In the end poker is zero sum game. If everybody is so skilled and win money. Who are the lose one?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i'm not wrong i have made over 200 in a month two times. normally i earn between $50-100

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not impossible...

But nobody can say with certainty that you will/won't do it as there are many variables; your bankroll (ability to absorb downswings). your buy-in level, your choice of games, your skill level etc.

The real key is to figure out which game suits your style of play and is beatable (for you). Everyone is different.

If your style of play favours SNGs then I think your best option would be a mixed strategy of low buy-in ($1-$2) SNGs/double or nothing where you essentially have to finish in the top 30-50% of a mini-tournament to cash. Your likelihood of cashing is greater in a field of 8 or 9 than in an MTT field of hundreds, or even thousands sometimes. The trade-off is the low reward (compared to an MTT final table). It's a bit of a grind for sure.

A good starting point is this thread:
Ask Collin Moshman and Katie Dozier About Sit ‘n Goes!

You can supplement this with low buy-in MTTs or cash until you see which approach brings more consistent results.

All the best :)

Last edited:
B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure, can happen, I made it too, back in 2008 when I played more serious

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Definitely if possible, you have to have patience and skill.
things that not everyone has that is why most lose but I think it is possible

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in eastern european country where average monthly salary is about 300-350€ and i have a job where i am payed 300-350€ so if is possible to make 100-200€ (112-224$) a month playing SNG,MTT or Cash game playing semi-pro will help me very much
i am mostly interested in SNG an MTT but if there is possibility to make every month 200€ i can spend 3-4 hours a day playing even cash game...
I will be happy to hear tips and ideas...

Yes, it is possible, but I do not think it is likely to succeed. I’m sorry I’m so honest, but everyone starts playing in a way that makes it profitable, but very few people succeed.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can easy win 200euro per month but I am too greedy :D

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its doable 100%.

My advice is to start at lower stakes Sit N Go, then when you dominate that stake go higher until you reach your desired goal

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is probably possible, not long ago I played a $ 10 spin and go and won $ 250.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so, not much of the 200 euros you sit in for a good tournament, you already have to pay attention and not stress :)

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course in NL25 NL50 NL100 or NL200 :) You can make it in a single day

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is possible. The limit of the starry sky is just perseverance and diligence.
Good luck.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be done playing 16NL for 4 hours, 300 hands a day. Just factor in whats your average profit per 100 hands and you'll have a good idea.

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc you can. As everybody says here you need patience, time and improving your skill, so good luck)))

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes and good luck.
Wish you nice hands and
keep playing poker to win