Is it possible to make 200€ a month?

InnerForce

InnerForce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in eastern european country where average monthly salary is about 300-350€ and i have a job where i am payed 300-350€ so if is possible to make 100-200€ (112-224$) a month playing SNG,MTT or Cash game playing semi-pro will help me very much
i am mostly interested in SNG an MTT but if there is possibility to make every month 200€ i can spend 3-4 hours a day playing even cash game...
I will be happy to hear tips and ideas...

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in eastern european country where average monthly salary is about 300-350€ and i have a job where i am payed 300-350€ so if is possible to make 100-200€ (112-224$) a month playing SNG,MTT or Cash game playing semi-pro will help me very much
i am mostly interested in SNG an MTT but if there is possibility to make every month 200€ i can spend 3-4 hours a day playing even cash game...

Yes you can make it. In SnG is more likely to end a month with that amount you wish. On mtts you can make 5 months on break even and then to win something good.
My advice is to play sng and with 3-4 hours daily and 6+ tables same time you can make them. I talk about average buy in ~3-4$ each table

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker its not always a straight line going up, sometimes you lose money, sometimes you get unlucky, you face bad beats, so keep this in mind while you pursue your goal. Good luck.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You can earn the amount you offer in spin & go games with a minimum buy-in of 5 $ where there are max 3 players, but there is the risk of working in vain at work if you dream too much . Good luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sure I won more or less 200$ per month in january-marts 2019 playing mostly 5-16NL cash games on pokerstars, and I am only a part time player. Since then its been a bit stale mate, because I changed to playing mainly tournaments and then to another poker site, neither of which worked out exceptionally well.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

50x€2-€4/5-Seat SNGs/unibet/6 tabling/play 4-6 hrs/Peak Hour/20-25days a month = €200 or more
It is achievable but it mostly depends on your skill level, witch isn't a problem if you are serious about it, becouse you can always get better and put volume (50 sngs a day)

Good Luck! May fortune follow you!;)

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, cash games are the most reliable source of a small side income. MTTs are the second best way to win money online, but they require a larger bankroll because of the variance, and if you have a dayjob, you can kind of only play then in the weekends.

Single table SnGs are for me the worst game form. I gave them a "shot" for a few month this year, and obviously sample size (300) is an issue, but I only managed to break even so far, while I am winning in both cash games and MTTs.

I also think, its kind of a dying game form without much upside mobility. So if you inspire to eventually play for more than just a few dollars, you probably want to specialize in something else. Single table SnGs can be a decent practice for MTTs though, which is part of the reason, why I decided to play them a bit more.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like 20 hours of working and playing poker but only 200$ area for starting out? A normal is like 50K full of benefits? Area

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker luck is very important, in addition to a good skill. So if you are not lucky), and especially on income in principle can not count. Especially when the numbers $ 200 and even at 3-4 hours of play.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible. But, sometimes you'll get a negative pay check.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can earn the amount you offer in spin & go games with a minimum buy-in of 5 $ where there are max 3 players, but there is the risk of working in vain at work if you dream too much . Good luck!

I wouldnt play Spin and Gos, because you should have about 150-200 times the buy -in because of the high variance.

I would suggest playing on lower Stakes for the beginning, without aiming for a particular amount you Have to win. (Its Poker, there is no guarantee anyway)

See if you can beat your opponents there, and if the amount you win is enough compared to the time you have to invest.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I guess it's definitely possible and why just 200 ... like twice or triple of that amount should be achievable aswell during the 30-31 day period :cool:

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely yes, it's definitely achievable. Try to play sngs or cash depends on your own preferences and skills to feel which are more comfortable and profitable and make you goal real.

M

Marowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion 200 euro is very possible but i recommend you cash games or SnG. Amount of win is lower but you can win very often. That help you reach own goal every month.

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely possible!! you could do this playing $15 18 player SNG tourneys earning about $105 for first place its not hard to cash in these in my opinion also playing 18 player super knockouts would be a way to go if thats your preferred way... i myself play sports and can make this profit in an hour but thats just me and the games i like to play :) hope this helps my friend

robert

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in the middle level, you can earn money but for this you should be able to play and face the truth. Good luck:top:

Luckytsss

Luckytsss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should be cash game. You can start with a small bankroll. Play a few tables with strong hands every day, 1-2 hours will be enough. Do not expect instant results, set a long-term goal. At the end of the month it will be clear whether this is real or not.

S

Sick_Wolf11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it is definitely possible.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 6 max cash games it's absolutely possible even for a 5nl player to make the higher end of those sorts of figures per month.Possibly also look in to getting a deal on a smaller site where your getting 30% to 35% rakeback as well as that is going to be a big boost to your monthy winnings.You can play the larger sites in the low traffic hours when the games aren't running to good on the smaller site.If you need any further advise you can always give me a pm or ask in this thread.

Last edited:
F

Frank F

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Use freerolls to build a beginner stack, than you can climb your way up and earn some decent money. But don't make poker your only job, it could become a dangerous addiction.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It would be nice to take some time for training. I read a lot of stories about how people lost wages from their main job.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet for playing MTT of up to 3 usd and *****ing something something about 3 or 4 times a month is not crazy just constancy

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it depends on a lot more.

where are you playing? what's your bankroll? what is your average buy-in? Tournament Speed?

if you have only 3-4 Hours a day, MTTs are not your best Option because if you want to win a big one (on pokerstars; regular speed), it takes at least twice the time you have.
Turbos are faster, but are not over within 3-4 Hours either. hyper Turbos have too much variance to Play it mainly.

SnGs are better. you could Play 3-4 180man sngs on pokerstars. they usally take 3-4 Hours. there are also 90man and 45man with a soft field you could beat. but not sure if you could win 200/month on a regular Basis with such limited time.

I don't Play a lot of cash games though, but let's say you Play 6 days a week.
6x4h= 24 x4.33=~104 Hours per month. so you have to win 2$ per hour to reach your 200$ Goal. depends on the stakes then