Is it Possible to Cheat in Online Poker?

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
//

Hello .There are a lot of ways for cheating .Pokersites can use bots....that means they are not really players .Wherever you are playing poker is a possible cheating way so be carefull everywhere online or at live tables .Good luck friends.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all know there are cheaters out there

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard about such cases. But is this true or false I don't know.

bash991

bash991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't play high stake online poker simply i don't trust it 100 so i play small stacks and big stack for live poker

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard not to think someone is cheating at certain times online because of the nature of just how easy it can be. It is however less likely than it may feel. In tournaments it would be very difficult for two people to get at the same table for any amount of time that may let them have a large advantage.

Marinade23

Marinade23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have many times in tournaments such a player sees a flop he does not have a match and he goes all-in, and I have a good combination and he gets the right card on the turn

I have totally thought this! Like the guy who goes all-in with 23 and gets 4 callers and somehow he is the winner??? I mean, it's just not right. I would never ship my stack with 23 pre-flop and expect to win.

Totally agree! This is madness. I have got angry too many times of such plays :mad::mad:

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible, more difficult, there may be cheating, in the cases of the next players sending information from their cards to each other thus increasing the reading of the game, but there is time that it seems that they choose us to lose, it is each hand that does not believe , More game is like this, whenever we lose try to find a justification.

Marinade23

Marinade23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost with a pair of K-K to an 3-2!!!!! For real dude???? You have this hand and you re-raise and finally go all in pre-flop?? Someone has to gather these morons and cut their internet connection.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
people absolutely do cheat, whenever and wherever possible. It's despicable

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it's possible that you say, the great online poker game sites have great security

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yjat cheating in online poker is possible. But people who do you keep it secret.

volcov

volcov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that no application system or site is 100% safe as a Brazilian rap would say there is no good alarm when the good thief wants

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There is no online cheating , all this is in the imagination , when we lose to strange hand/cards many crazy thoughts come to our minds .
The truth is that it's just variance or donkeys that are lucky , but on the long run they are not so lucky , they lose .

The best hand and the good play/game and strategy on the long run , in the end , prevails totally , completely :)

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never been suspicious of cheating at my table.

As others have said, bad beats happen, everyday to someone, somewhere and I'd say that is the reality of a lot of what people suspect to be cheating.

That said, I have had someone hack my computer before, and gain access to my activity, so who's to say there aren't skilled players deceiving fair play in some cases.

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever thought that someone is cheating on online poker or is that even possible somehow??
Sometimes I've got a feeling that some people know what cards will be opened...
Of course people can cheat playing poker. When there is money involved, people will do all kind of things. At least cheating online in a tournament is a lot harder than in a cash game, because random seating lessens the opportunity.

Are the sites cheating you ? Why not
Are groups of players cheating you ? Why not
Are the sites giving players better cards in play money games, to encourage them to play 'real money' games ? Why not ?
Do the sites have a few unbeatable 'shill' player bots, that never lose when the big money goes in ? Why not ?
Are you sitting down with 4 players who are all next to each other, logged in using different ISP's, waiting to fleece you ? Why not ?

When you suggest there is possible cheating going on you get all the standard answers...

Card variance ...
You are a crap player and crap players lose ...
Just having a bad run ...
Why would they do it when they are making so much ... blah blah blah

But ask yourself this ... Why not ?

They police themselves and can do what they like ...

Last edited:
blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if there were 2 people on the same table helping each other people get shuffled all the time.So we hope it messes up with their plans.

C

celo945

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe that nowadays with all the laws and inspections is possible, but you can not trust 100% in anything on the internet.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's hardly difficult for this to happen online, but whoever says it happens has my doubts.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately cheating and collusion exists in our world. There's been many poker scandals already, therefore I'm never gonna be completely under the conclusion that it's totally safe. The rewards outweigh the risks. I'm just cautious at all times. I'd like to think that for the most part it's on the up and up and just continue to happily play. When money is involved there's always gonna be a select few greedy and shady individuals that will try to gain an edge or cheat. Let's hope the sites have great security.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like any software, pokerstars is also vulnerable to hackers, cheats, and any kind of alteration in the program. It is one of the consequences of being an online game, which is why it is not comparable to playing online with the safety of a live game. On the internet nothing is safe, that is why technology experts say "the safest computer is the one that is turned off". What if I think there might be cheaters in pokerstars? Of course

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rare Case

I have caught people cheating on a table I was playing twice in the many years of playing. Both times I reported it, and the poker site not only sided with me, they had also gave back the starting buy in for everyone at the table.
What happened was they were "chip dumping". This is where one player usually the stronger player. Loses the hand on purpose with a small bid into a big pot by the other player. It happens sometimes that some players don't realize that folding a hand with a big pot, by say a bid of a 40 chip bid when the pot size is over 2000 chips is not a good idea.
With that being said, when it happens consistently you have to think that collusion is really what is happening. The one player keeping the other player in a tournament in my cases.
It could have happened more, but it doesn't make sense to think that everyone is cheating. Some people are just bad players and rely mostly on luck. You have to take the good with the bad though. You can't rely on just plain dumb luck and win consistently.
I did just yesterday think to myself that man, this guy has to know what cards are coming. lol Most likely not though I am sure.

In my opinion this is a rare case but when it happens it should be obvious what is happening if anyone is paying even just at tiny bit of attention. Some people are just really dumb and think they will get away with it. I am glad to hear that your experience was good with the house siding with you and being helpful to those affected by the cheating.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that they deceive and almost sure that it is possible)

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does seem very likely sometimes, like the other players can see the cards that are coming, but in the end it is all probability and luck. Same things happen in live games

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your not the only one couple times it happened when I was in big blind landed pocket aces and everyone folds :p

M

mrcozmo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its possible, you and your buddy can be in the same room each with your own laptop, playing poker at a sit and go table, lets say a 9 handed and you guys register together and are playing on the same table. now he can show u his hand and he can see yours.