Is it Possible to Cheat in Online Poker?

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope , I guess they really lucky

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's luck and bad players, docks who j nows cheaters maybe company workers etc. But if you don't feel good playing then don't go live that's my best advice.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's possible in 2 ways (one of which was part of the full tilt scandal)

1 way) this is least common; staff working with the site sit at tables and know all cards.

2 way) much more common, 2 people work together in same cash game or tournament, share cards with each other giving double the info anyone else has

Variants of 2: teams of 3 or solo people who literally open 2 separate bank accounts and use Ip proxies to be able to multi-account

variant 2 seems more close to the truth
good luck at tables!!!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
we can say for sure that it is not possible ....

Bombskie

Bombskie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I think a person may be a bot or something but other then that I don't really think people can cheat on LEGIT poker softwares.

jastagg042286

jastagg042286

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its true there are bots and other people figuring out ways to have an edge over other players.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I also constantly think about bots, but if you look from the other side and to remember those moments when your ( my) trash cards beat other people's top pair, I think the opponents think the same thing about us

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has been known on full tilt and ultimate bet, yes there was scamming and pros lost millions. It's all on Wikipedia, pokerstars was controversial but nothing was proven, however I believe pokerstars is now in good hands, I trust that site now. Be careful on zynga I know it's play chips but there is bots on there, so I have been told. 1 thing I keep in mind is that some of the full tilt staff moved to pokerstars. I don't believe however Phil hellmuth knew nothing about the ultimate bet scandal.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think ithat everything is possible.The first is poker bot!It is widely known that many huckers wrote a script programs to act and play like a real player but with a robotic profitable constance play!
Second is that there is no security that is perfect and I guess that someone can huck the system of any room and even see the log files of base server!so online poker is a program made by human!do conclusions!

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't caught anyone, but it is definitely possible. I have heard stories of teams of people playing in long tourney's. Especially the $100-250K, $500K or $1M Sunday tournaments. I played in these tourney's before and I definitely got fatigued after 6-7 hours of play. So after I read some accusations of a top winner cheating, I was willing to consider it. Think about it....having well rested people take turns every hour or so would be a big advantage over a lone player.

Kiddk88

Kiddk88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that at least once a day, usually after I lose with a hand like AA against 65o

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once thought that some people could see my cards just because of the way they played. That would be crazy.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I think is very common, specially when 3 or more players are from the same country in the same Table. I always suspect they could share their hands in real time with whats App or cell phone.
Some even talk in their weird languages and there is no way to stop it, since there is no supervisors in every Table. :deal:

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so awesome that playing with normal plebs is pretty much cheating. I really shouldn't do it, but I can't help myself sometimes.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
itsspossible that ...one tow ore 3 player its in a same tournament and plays together ...but cheating? i dont think...

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of coarse

We all know there are cheaters out there . From the old days of the Absolute scandal .Then of coarse there is collusion which goes on every day at all levels . I have caught a few in the past and contacted support . Later confirmed and they were banned . Just watch the other players who seem to always be raising oop and folding to the same player all the time or small raise re raise by the same 2 or 3 players when someone in between .also if you suspect something put notes on players about who else was on table with them in cash games and see if it's always the same guys this is how I caught them . If it seems suspicious contact support with date time table and hand numbers they will be happy to look into it for you . You won't get your money back but at least they get booted

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course some people can cheating. Did you heard about some things, like "teamplay" in poker?Also some people can use special soft that make the game more easier for them. Some poker rooms don,t ban them and let them play.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I pull out of any SNG with more that 2 Russians.They tend to register in bulk and many times the same suspects.Probably paranoia but...

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have many times in tournaments such a player sees a flop he does not have a match and he goes all-in, and I have a good combination and he gets the right card on the turn

MissMtnDewAQ

MissMtnDewAQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever thought that someone is cheating on online poker or is that even possible somehow??
Sometimes I've got a feeling that some people know what cards will be opened...
I have totally thought this! Like the guy who goes all-in with 23 and gets 4 callers and somehow he is the winner??? I mean, it's just not right. I would never ship my stack with 23 pre-flop and expect to win.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hope PokerStars is fair game.Fraud they will cope without any problems,if only the themselves were honest.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it is possible and if you think it better do not play anymore because it is detrimental to play with that in mind

V

vanko69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ones there was a dude at my table. The hands that he played he won. All of them. It did not matter what his hand was or his opponent. He was always all-in and he won it.