I'm retiring from online poker.

Murasaki

Murasaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I am retiring from online poker, as nice as the wins has been, all the stress from the bad beats, especially just now has sucked out all the fun in this game for me. I can't see myself playing any poker again in the foreseeable future, as I am going to self exclude from ALL site that I've signed up on during my gambling addiction phase. I don't know if I will ever come back to this site again, but I like to thank all for the interactions and advice which helped me better my game along the way.

If you wanna see the recent bad beat: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-and-vents-71/i-give-up-ggpoker-bounty-hunters-522038/

Goodbye

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Wow man, feels like a roller coaster following your threads.

From big wins to bad beats on the next day.

Pretty normal since this is poker but obviously it seems to be too much for you emotionally.

So maybe it's for the best, especially considering your addiction.

And you don't have to leave if you don't want to since we also have a lot of stuff to discuss outside of poker. 😊

But anyway, all the best, buddy!

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went the same way. Took a good few months off and it is all a distant memory haha.

Back playing again now for small stakes and enjoying it again. Never say never :)

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Wanting to stop playing because of bad streaks is normal. I also had them and understood that it wasn't that the site was against me but that I didn't think better about the hands or played them badly, there are bad beats that you can stand and others that you don't, but never to give up online poker

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
every poker player knows that at least most and it's a part of poker. everyone has to decide for themselves what is best for them but from my experience i know that this is just an overreaction and in a few days or weeks you will see it differently if you love or like poker ! it would be too easy if you just pay in some money and get rich very quickly that's not how it works, at least not for most people. if you return, which i hope, you should take it easy because you can have fun with little money and have the chance to win big. I wish you all the best for the future. always think positive ! ps. if this is an april fools joke then hahaha

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Well, if the game no longer brings you pleasure, this is the right step. 😊
A break is something that will definitely help you.👍
I wish you good luck and good health. 🙏
Come back when you feel that this game inspires you again.☺

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to retire from online poker. It's understandable that the stress from the bad beats has taken a toll on your enjoyment of the game, and it's important to prioritize your well-being above all else.

I'm glad to hear that you have found some value in the interactions and advice from other players on the forum, and I hope that you will continue to find support and community in other areas of your life.

Anything we are here.

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know how long his passage through poker lasted. But from your speech you did not understand the essence of the game. Poker is not a game of chance but a game of strategy, where you must make the best move to beat your opponent. I'm sorry for your frustrations and I hope you find a hobby that gives you moments of joy and distraction.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you'll be back soon, win the tournament again and get back to the games, you're just sad now, the main thing is the mood is right

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always follow your heart. So long bud.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I am retiring from online poker, as nice as the wins has been, all the stress from the bad beats, especially just now has sucked out all the fun in this game for me. I can't see myself playing any poker again in the foreseeable future, as I am going to self exclude from ALL site that I've signed up on during my gambling addiction phase. I don't know if I will ever come back to this site again, but I like to thank all for the interactions and advice which helped me better my game along the way.

If you wanna see the recent bad beat: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-and-vents-71/i-give-up-ggpoker-bounty-hunters-522038/

Goodbye
Weren't you happy about your 2nd GGPoker final table in the CC games? You posted that about 11 hours ago ^^
I was on course to the ft in the Special freeroll in ACR this night but 4 consecutive bad beats got me out on mincash .it sucks but that's just poker :)

You're too emotionally involved . It's just a game after all . Sometimes you lose sometimes you win .
You can't force it .

Take a break after you won something and return refreshed. Again , success can't be forced

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I'm not tired on Poker yet... Therefore I continue to play enough actively by possibility!.. Further Time Shows... Something like that!..

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Goodbye
Hello brother.
Well as for how Pretty Girl says, if you don't enjoy the game, if you have an addiction, etc. Better retire and have a good life.
Now, I also read what my brothers Andyreas and GO930 say, how??? 11 hours ago you had 2 final tables and today you quit online poker???
Well, I'll tell you what I think, which doesn't mean that I'm right, but I always try to speak with the wisdom that God gives me.
1° you have to understand that poker is not chess. In chess luck does not exist and in poker it does.
In poker you play badly and you can win, although it is true that most of the time you play badly you lose. On the other hand, in chess you play badly and you lose.
2° You have to understand that a badbeat is neither more nor less than the bad luck you had in a showdown. Tell me the truth.....
How many times do you call all in with AJ and your opponent had AK and you hit the J at showdown???
How many times did you go with a J10s and your rival with AA or KK, and you hit a flush or a straight at showdown????
I think your problem is that you must understand that in poker many times, not always, the best combination you have doesn't win. The lucky one at the showdown wins.
Of course, the mathematical odds of an AA against other combinations is very high to win, but it is not insurmountable.
3° Most of the experienced poker players know perfectly well that luck exists, and when I say experienced I am not referring only to the PROs, but to many of us who play here at CC who have more than 30 years of experience playing this game.
If you don't understand that, I recommend that you don't play anymore, it's the best.

I'll tell you something, in my youth I was quite addicted to slot machines. If you ask me if I was lucky??? Many times yes, thank God, because I attribute all my achievements to God, and many times I had no luck.
But when I discovered poker my addiction to slot machines ended.
Will you ask me why??? Simple, because poker is a game of skill, strategy, mathematical possibilities, and also luck.

When I enter an MTT I have a goal.
1° the payment for the entrance is lost. It does not mean that I enter to lose, but that there is either the possibility of losing, or the possibility of winning.
2° If I play a hand I play it because I know I can win it, and if I lose it bad luck. If I went all-in with my stack and got left out, there would be
another MTT and if my stack exceeds that of the rival, I will have to overcome the MTT. It's plain and simple.
3° You never give up before a badbeat or several badbeats. Remember that in life we have thousands of badbeats and we must overcome them. Perhaps you are too young and this you must understand.

Finally, I will show you a real badbeat that I played not more than 5 months ago in an MTT that was going very well. And then if you can answer me to see if your badbeats were worse than this one.
Despite this, I'm still playing and happy 2 days ago to enter 2 final tables of the CC MTT, happy to be with friends in them.

Greetings brother, do not lose your calm. Don't give up on your goals. Keep in mind, many times poker is like life itself.
I hope my reflection helps you.:):):):):):)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (20).png
    Captura de pantalla (20).png
    514.9 KB · Views: 16
hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Maybe that's the thing to do maybe it isn't. I surely wouldn't make that decision in your current frame of mind specially if you've been a winning player over the years. I'd certainly take a break and at least a few weeks before making such a decision. We've certainly all heard stories about how hard it is to get accounts back open or unlocked once sites have been told by players to lock them out.

Maybe just you need 6 months too a year off.....kinda like a reset.

Anyway if this is it good luck with the future whatever it holds. It certainly gonna hold a new hobby or past time.

Cheers!!!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am retiring from online poker, as nice as the wins has been, all the stress from the bad beats
If I were to stop playing because of all the bad beats I get, I would have stopped playing more than 7 years ago, that's why I only play freerolls, I don't sell anything, so I have nothing to complain about.

But this is just my opinion, if you don't want to play anymore, I'm not going to make you change your mind, be well, and come back whenever you want.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Unfortunately when there is a gambling addiction you must stop playing that game.Maybe a new hobby, that doesn´t involve money,could help.Iwish you all the best in yourlife mate.There are things that are more important than poker.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Goodbye

See you tomorrow. (big win is just around the corner!)

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The feeling of a rush from a win to the gut wrenching feeling of a bad beat is lot like the feeling of buying a lottery ticket. |You get a ticket that does not have a singkle number drawn and it feels like crap. |You win 20 bucks and yeeeeeeeeeee hhahhhhhhhhhhhhh

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is long run. We give and take a lot of bad beats, although I take bad beats the most because some players play any two cards.
But what matters is that in the long run, by choosing the best hands to play with, we will win a lot more than we lose.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know how you are feeling. During the years I asked myself a lot of times if it's worth to play this game, because you have to deal with so many bad players and bad beats (and lose a lot of time). I decided to keep playing poker because I still think it's fun, but I don't have any expectations and I only play when I have nothing else to do. Of course I want to win, but I accept that I'm not going to win every day and I will have to deal with bad beats every day.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Goodbye
You just need to take this game easier and there will be no stress.:)